homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Interviews, Reviews & Tech Articles > Guitar Reviews
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Guitar Reviews Sevenstring.org's fully interactive guitar review database.

Comment
LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Black Knight RS-50-Z7 7-String
Published by RevolutionCFH
01-01-2011
Author review
Features
80%80%80%
Sound
100%100%100%
Action, Fit & Finish
80%80%80%
Customer Support
100%100%100%
Overall Rating
100%100%100%
Average 92%
Smile Black Knight RS-50-Z7 7-String

• Model: Full size 7-String Electric Guitar
  • Neck Joint: Bolt-on
  • Body Top: Ash
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood with Dot Inlays - 25-1/2
  • Machine heads: Black die-cast
  • Bridge: Tune-o-Matic
  • String-thru body
  • Hardware: Black
  • Pick Ups: 2x Open high output humbucking pickups
  • Controls: 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector Switch
  • Finish: Black Night Satin Oil
This guitar was only 140 so i thought ok ill get one to give it a go, and i was honestly shocked at how well it plays, that was the first time id ever played a 7 string though and this was only about 24 hours from writing this.

It was a friend of mine that told me about these guitars and the gear4music range and it was more of a buy on impulse sort of thing. I dont think ill have to buy another guitar like this for a while as i am honestly impressed with the build, the feel, the playability, everything on it. The only thing i may end up modding is the pickups but thats a given really.

The body is ashwood, very light, has a nice finish on it, gives a good tone, also its a string through. The neck is actually like a wizard neck to me, it has a rosewood fretboard with 24 frets, it has a really nice feel to it.

The pickups arent that bad but i could see me upgrading to some nice beefy actives. It has 2 humbuckers as you can see, has a 3 way toggle in the modes of bridge pickup, both and then the neck. It has a volume and a tone knob rather than some guitars having a couple more.

When i plugged it into my amp, i played on clean for abit then moved up to my lead channel, it did kind of blow me away abit with the sound, for 140 you may think it cant be all that good but really, if you get chance to play on one, do it.

I would actually go all the way and say, buy one, id recommend it to anyone wanting a cheap 7 string that is actually awesome and i really mean that.

It has a nice tone to it that is just what you want, were you have to pull that metal face.

All that said, BUY ONE!!!

Here is a link to me playing on it, nothing special playing wise but you can hear the sound abit, id recorded it on a 720p HD camera though so i dont know why its downscaled :S

By FACTORY on 09-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Hnmm
By Captain_Awesome on 11-10-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm considering getting one, especially since you compared the neck to a wizard! Other than the headstock, it looks and sounds like a great guitar for the price.
By Matx on 03-06-2014, 08:25 PM
I like the woodgrain. im a sucker for dark stains
Comment