homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Protest The Hero Appreciation

This band are ....ing amazing!

Enjoy

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-17-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

marbledbeef is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
+1 to that dude blindfolds aside is a standout track for me.
I dig BTBAM too
marbledbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
Geek-chic

liamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to all
PTH are the shit
liamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #4

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
I agree they are very talented.
Sequioa Throne is ridiculous all over!

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Death Squad

Anton is a jewel in the rough
BLOODMEAT!!!!

Djentbox Hero likes this.

SikTh
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue.

Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Banned

JoshuaLogan is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love Fortress. I liked Kezia, and it had some awesome moments, but Fortress is just all around more awesome in pretty much every way. Really creative and catchy music. I'm pretty sure the whole band is pretty into Sikth... it shows in a lot of the tapping bits
JoshuaLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #7
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
one of my top bands for some time now.

Divine suicide of K never gets enough attention imo, amazing song. Still my favorite song off any of their cd's.

Cheesebuiscut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
Unexpected Ally

xmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of lightxmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of lightxmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ahhhh I love Protest. I saw them in April. that show was almost better than Prog Nation

http://soundcloud.com/unexpected-allies
http://www.facebook.com/unexpectedallies

A unique sounding, prog metal band, mars volta inspired vocals, fun guitar, and tons of diverse influences. Check us out, our instrumental album is out now, and the next one is coming soon
xmetalhead69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Have been in love with these guys for a long time.

Not to mention Rody's a ....ing comedian.

nostealbucket likes this.

Lethal Force Fitness: For metal dudes who want to get big!
MikeH is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #10
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
^ reminds me of Tenacious D

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 10-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
Avant Temporal

right_to_rage is just really niceright_to_rage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Lucky for me, I've seen them 6 times because they come to Barrie alot. Many of my friends were at the sound academy show too. One of Canada's best exports !
right_to_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #12
Unexpected Ally

xmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of lightxmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of lightxmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of light
studio version

A unique sounding, prog metal band, mars volta inspired vocals, fun guitar, and tons of diverse influences. Check us out, our instrumental album is out now, and the next one is coming soon
Unread 10-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
Such a strange numb

-mouse- is just really nice-mouse- is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibz_rg View Post
Not to mention Rody's a ....ing comedian.

hahaha "You're fired!"

yeah protest is awesome. Being a mediocre guitar player, they simply blow me away at a daily basis
Plus Rody's a pretty kickass singer.
-mouse- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #14
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Great band all around. The vocals used to be a little too much for me, but I've grown to really like them.
JeffFromMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
Ex Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFromMtl View Post
Great band all around. The vocals used to be a little too much for me, but I've grown to really like them.

Same dude, I think the vocals actually work really well and offer something different to the style of music they play, which is different in itself.

Very refreshing for a modern metal band, he has a great vocal range IMO.

Unread 10-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #16
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I love how when you hear their music, you can just hear that passion and go for it attitude that must seem to have about life too, it just feels so genuine and right.
All absolutely amazing musicians, can play like monsters but they know how to hold back and knock you off your feet with beautiful melodies to balance it out too.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #17
Ex Whiny Bitch

can't believe I forgot to post this song in the OP!

definitely one of my favourite tracks.

Unread 10-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
Unexpected Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
can't believe I forgot to post this song in the OP!

definitely one of my favourite tracks.
that song is great but the keyboard solo ruins it for me :\

Unread 10-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #19
Ex Whiny Bitch

Really? I ....ing love it

Unread 10-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #20
Unexpected Ally

^ it starts out cool, then it starts making wierd dragonforce noises

Unread 10-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #21
Sharp Dressed Man

willyman101 is a jewel in the rough
PROTEST THE HERO GUITARIST TIM MILLAR TALKS BEARDS, NEW PTH ALBUM IN METALSUCKS INTERVIEW | MetalSucks
willyman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #22
Now available in HD

meisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to all
I straight-up love this band.

Some serious bromance goin on here...
meisterjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:37 AM   #23
Unexpected Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterjager View Post
I straight-up love this band.

Some serious bromance goin on here...

I'm hoping for a new album sometime soon . even though fortress was just released last year...

Unread 10-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #24
Now available in HD

meisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to all
Fortress is nearly 2 years old The interview posted above says they started writing this summer, so hopefully mid-2010 we'll have something new!

I can't believe I still haven't pickup up Gallop Meets The Earth - I'm slacking, major.

I can relate to what -mouse- said, and then some, what with me actually being a sub-mediocre player
meisterjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #25
Unexpected Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterjager View Post
I can relate to what -mouse- said, and then some, what with me actually being a sub-mediocre player
(attempting to) play thier stuff is always a good challenge and helps me improve though, should be posting a Sequoia Throne Cover relatively soon