homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #26
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I HAVE to play along to Voice of the Soul whenever I listen to it because if I don't, I weep
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #27
Far Beyond Metal

svart is just really nicesvart is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
one of few metal pioneers that unfortunately have been acknowledged as such on the late side... RIP thanks for the awesome music he did bring!
svart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #28
Gives Life Meaning

White Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm signing up my wife,son and 3 dogs just to rep you 6x for this thread.
I saw them on the Spiritual Healing Tour in 1990.One of my best "show" memories.R.I.P. Chuck
White Cluster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #29
SS.org Regular

CapenCyber is just really niceCapenCyber is just really nice
My favourite band ever, my guitar is just one big chuck tribute too!
CapenCyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #30
Bollocks

Aysakh is a glorious beacon of lightAysakh is a glorious beacon of lightAysakh is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Old Skool

Aysakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
SS.org Regular

t o k u g a w a is just really nicet o k u g a w a is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
My favorite band of all time. I don't think anything could ever top Chucks music.
t o k u g a w a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #32
Treehugger

crayzee is just really nicecrayzee is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Huf, thanks for that thread! I listened to Symbolic just a few days ago, my personal favorite, what a killer record! Chuck was THE MAN. The perfect blend of agressiveness/brutality, melody, intelligent lyrics and insane chops (that were always there to support the song, never to show off). May he rest in peace and his musical heritage carry on forever.

PS: HOLY SHIT @ Crystal Mountain live at Dynamo!

Talking about music is like dancing about architecture. - Steve Martin

Women are like mesas, all the knobs don't do what they say they do, some do the same thing as others,
some don't do anything at all, and you have to set them all right before any kind of enjoyment can come out of it.
And the next day when you fire it up with the same settings, it might sound like shit again.
- silentrage
crayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #33
Army Without A Flag

All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_Ľour_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #34
You're not worthy

awesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of lightawesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of lightawesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Symbolic is one of my all time favorite metal albums. Chuck was the man!
awesomeaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #35

Meldville is just really niceMeldville is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Definitely one of my favorite bands EVER. Chuck = huge influence
Meldville is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #36
Go Auckland Blues!

-K4G- is a glorious beacon of light-K4G- is a glorious beacon of light-K4G- is a glorious beacon of light
One of the better appresh' thread.
-K4G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #37
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
spiritual healing was my fave
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #38
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
father of death metal

hufschmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #39
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ......... View Post
father of death metal

+1

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #40
You're not worthy

awesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of lightawesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of lightawesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ......... View Post
father of death metal

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
awesomeaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 07:00 PM   #41
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
definitely one of my favorite bands...

cyril v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #42
ss.org Regular

EliNoPants is a glorious beacon of lightEliNoPants is a glorious beacon of lightEliNoPants is a glorious beacon of light
+a hojillion to this thread

Chuck Schuldiner is probably the only person to define, then redefine, and then expand beyond a genre/style...were it not for Death and Morbid Angel i wouldn't have ever developed any appreciation for death metal in general...dude's guitar playing is so expressive, yet so technical at the same time, it always bothers me how many guitarists worry about only one or the other

and if anyone hasn't heard of Chuck's other band Control Denied, do yourself a favor and go get it...right now...i'll wait

yeah, how ....ing awesome is that?
EliNoPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #43
can't bend....

Necrophagist777 is just really niceNecrophagist777 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Necrophagist777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 04:15 AM   #44
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNoPants View Post
+a hojillion to this thread

Chuck Schuldiner is probably the only person to define, then redefine, and then expand beyond a genre/style...were it not for Death and Morbid Angel i wouldn't have ever developed any appreciation for death metal in general...dude's guitar playing is so expressive, yet so technical at the same time, it always bothers me how many guitarists worry about only one or the other

and if anyone hasn't heard of Chuck's other band Control Denied, do yourself a favor and go get it...right now...i'll wait

yeah, how ....ing awesome is that?
Yeah Control Denied ....ing rules. I love how its the S.O.P lineup but with Steve DiGiorgio on bass, who is my favorite Death bass player (from Human/ITP). I want the legal dispute to end, so they can release When Machine and Man Collide. I really, really, really want to hear that shit.
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 05:13 AM   #45
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
simply one of the best bands EVER in my opinion. i love every record, every song, and every time i play one of them its a true inspiration.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 06:02 AM   #46
ss.org Regular

1000 Eyes is a jewel in the rough
Death?..never heard of them
1000 Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 06:17 AM   #47
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Symbolic is the ....ing shit

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #48
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
As someone who enjoys playing death metal on guitar, I owe a lot to Chuck.
I may have branched out and starting liking other kinds of music, but the influence of guys like Randy Rhoads, Dimebag and Chuck are always going to run through my veins
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #49
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 Eyes View Post
Death?..never heard of them

the smile at the end....

So you are a member of the band?
hufschmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #50
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote