homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #26
Bollocks

Aysakh is a glorious beacon of lightAysakh is a glorious beacon of lightAysakh is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACTORY View Post
Why ohh why did Dime ever leave Washburn...
Washburn Stealth > Dean Razorback

I know coming from me this will sound funny and all..but you can't really confuse super glue with lube. - DrakkarTyrannis

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1041377

Aysakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #27
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Blame Dime's family. He's just a cash cow to Dean. Though, he was somebodies' family. Somebody who I'm sure has to approve much of what comes out with Dime's name on it, if not everything.

Though, lets let this 5 month old thread die.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #28
Banned

RG7620BK is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
$19.99 for a ....ing trucker hat? $59.99 for a ....ing cardboard cut out of Dimebag? What a ....ing rip off.

Also, when did Dean every stop whoring out Dimes name?
RG7620BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #29
Now with Less Hair!

13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a Washburn Dime sig and it rips, but I also have a Dean 7 string Vendetta which ALSO rips... but I have to say what Dean are doing IMO Washburn would never have done...

"I won't be satisfied until somebody can whammy a whole piano." Pink Freud

".... that, I'd rather eat 20 pounds of steak and then prove how jacked I am by having angry sex with their mothers whilst curling 200 pounds and drinking ale." maliciousteve
13point9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #30
Under The Stone

Concr3t3 is a jewel in the rough
If I owned a guitar company and one of my signed artist died, I would make 1 last tribute model, run a limited number (probably the year of their birth, like 1973 or sometime), and then stop production on everything related to that fallen artist. You just have to be respectful to the deceased and it would be a healthy move for everyone because even though it's 100% unfortunate to loose someone but you just have to move on and cherish the memories. The idea is to celebrate that person's life and accomplishments; not burn it to the ground for the sake of making money. There are a godzillion bad ass artists, who deserve recognition and their time in the spot light, that you can make a fortune on.
Concr3t3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #31
love & peace!

Cyntex is just really niceCyntex is just really nice
Imo, if you want a tribute to Dimebag, get a Washburn, not a Dean ffs. That being said, I do look the look of those Razor's.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
Cyntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #32
SS.org Regular

Hollowman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopyalligator View Post
The Dean Shop - Official Dean Guitars Merchandise!

Now you can get all of your dimebag/dean wardrobe and collectibles from them directly.
Please say you realy didn't think that this would end. dude he was/is their cash cow. unfortunately it won't change until the sheep stop buying products with his name on them.
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #33
Comfortably Dumb

Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Personally, I think BC Rich handled the Chuck tribute thing beautifully. Just laying that out there.
Loomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #34
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'm waiting for the Dean 'Dimebag Darrel' wig and 'glue-on' goatee Halloween costume.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #35
the Experimetalist

Location: the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as Manchester, England
Triple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to all
I think Washburn are the only company to have shown restraint in the wake of Dime's death as they have several Dime models that Dean probably don't have the rights to make such as the Culprit and the Stealth but they haven't rushed them out to make a quick buck.

"People percieve the rock world as a dichotomy such as 'metal vs alternative' or 'mainstream vs underground' but dichotomies aren't real they're human constructs " - Kim Thayil

"They don't really understand that he was a funny mother@$%ker, he was not some down, dour drug addict. Nobody laughed more than Kurt and we had great times together" - Buzz Osbourne

Triple-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #36
SS.org Regular

Hollowman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
I'm waiting for the Dean 'Dimebag Darrel' wig and 'glue-on' goatee Halloween costume.
Please, don't give them any Ideas..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-J View Post
I think Washburn are the only company to have shown restraint in the wake of Dime's death as they have several Dime models that Dean probably don't have the rights to make such as the Culprit and the Stealth but they haven't rushed them out to make a quick buck.
Remember, Dean did push out a Stealth and they didn't have the rights. but, might pay fees to Washburn to make them and call them that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomer View Post
Personally, I think BC Rich handled the Chuck tribute thing beautifully. Just laying that out there.
Yes it shows how a "Classy" company would pay tribute to one of their endorsee's. even though it took them long enough.

Last edited by Hollowman; 02-19-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #37
the Experimetalist

Location: the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as Manchester, England
Triple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman666 View Post
Remember, Dean did push out a Stealth and they didn't have the rights. but, might pay fees to Washburn to make them and call them that.
Yeah they do have some kind of cooperative deal going on cause when Dean went quiet in the 90's Washburn actually paid copyright to them to use the ML shape in all their Dime sigs.
I could be wrong but I think part of the reason the Culprit and Stealth sigs were originally created was so Washburn had their own shape and didn't have to pay Dean to use it, but either way I think it's cool Washburn haven't rushed out a new ltd edition ripoff of the Culprit despite it being the rarest of all the 90's Dime sigs.

"People percieve the rock world as a dichotomy such as 'metal vs alternative' or 'mainstream vs underground' but dichotomies aren't real they're human constructs " - Kim Thayil

"They don't really understand that he was a funny mother@$%ker, he was not some down, dour drug addict. Nobody laughed more than Kurt and we had great times together" - Buzz Osbourne

Triple-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #38
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
in response to the thread title,

When did they ever stop?
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #39
ss.org Regular

bibz is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
My sis made a set of these for my birthday a couple days after he was killed (knowing he was my idol and all). Still got em in my cupboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-J View Post
Yeah they do have some kind of cooperative deal going on cause when Dean went quiet in the 90's Washburn actually paid copyright to them to use the ML shape in all their Dime sigs.
I could be wrong but I think part of the reason the Culprit and Stealth sigs were originally created was so Washburn had their own shape and didn't have to pay Dean to use it, but either way I think it's cool Washburn haven't rushed out a new ltd edition ripoff of the Culprit despite it being the rarest of all the 90's Dime sigs.
It was also ugly and sold poorly. I also still want one in each colour
bibz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #40
SS.org Regular

jaredowty is a jewel in the rough
I honestly don't see why anyone cares. If you don't want shitty Dime products, then just stay away from Dean and respect his legacy in your own way. That's what I do, anyway.
jaredowty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #41
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredowty View Post
I honestly don't see why anyone cares. If you don't want shitty Dime products, then just stay away from Dean and respect his legacy in your own way. That's what I do, anyway.
Well, if a friend died and someone tried to exploit it for personal gain, I'd get pissed. Dime is an idol to a lot of guitar players and seeing this done could be very upsetting. Seems like Dean and Dime's family are making more money off Dime than Dime did.

Shitloads of musicians have passed over the years, many of whom were bigger than Dime and endorsed by bigger companies, yet I can't recall seeing other companies doing what Dean are doing. Think of how many dead legends were endorsed by Fender? Jimi doesn't have a sig and Kurt Cobain has 1. Dime has ....ing 30-something, beside the clothing and merch etc.

Granted there is nothing anyone can do about it, but what's an internet forum for if not for sharing opinions?

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 06:02 AM   #42
Now with Less Hair!

13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold
When there are more "Dime" guitars than any other series, you must know somethings up...

"I won't be satisfied until somebody can whammy a whole piano." Pink Freud

".... that, I'd rather eat 20 pounds of steak and then prove how jacked I am by having angry sex with their mothers whilst curling 200 pounds and drinking ale." maliciousteve
13point9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 06:33 AM   #43
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Seriously, as much as I dislike the font size 72 DIME on headstocks, I think what matters is whether people buy it or not. Things like "what would dime think" are none of our business, one can have an opinion without resorting to bashing a company that, as a lot of others do some very good and some not-so-good guitars. I have owned a korean VMNT and it was a very nice guitar for its price tag. I don't plan to buy others since I'm not really a vintage stuff nor a pointy guy, but this company doesn't deserve any more bashing of its products than say, Gibson.
I have bought absolutely zero dime stuff and likely won't ever but I see no reason to bash the company for making money if the family agrees with it. Yers maybe it's bad taste, but what matters is money, what if it works ?
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote