homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
Thumbs up Paradise Lost Is Using 7-strings Now... [music video inside]

Hey guys, I know Paradise Lost isn't a huge band around these parts, but I thought I'd share the news with fans who may not know. This is a really great band with a really great vocalist and super catchy songwriting. Now they're even heavier than before too with their 7s tuned down to A.

Check out this video for their new song "Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us". This video is kind of disturbing but also powerful, and the song is super cool. Their new album comes out in a few weeks, and is currently streaming on their MySpace so check it out. These guys have been kicking it for 20 years and keep getting better and better

Enjoy!

'Faith Divides Us' video

Band talking about switching to 7s, among other things

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-18-2009, 02:41 AM   #2
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gen...ml#post1633157

\m/
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 02:47 AM   #3
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by petereanima View Post
Ah fair enough. Well, mine has the videos so thats different right? Plus, more exposure for Paradise Lost can't hurt...

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

Unread 09-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #4
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
you are of course right, they need more attention as they get nowadays.

i will see them in vienna n Dec.6th, together with Samael.
Unread 09-18-2009, 03:26 AM   #5
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
you are of course right, they need more attention as they get nowadays.

i will see them in vienna n Dec.6th, together with Samael.
Awesome dude. Hopefully they come to the US sometime. I'm not holding my breath however, as I know they're infinitely more popular in Europe than here. I laughed when I read their last album cracked #12 on the charts in several European countries. Metal bands are lucky to crack #150 here.

Unread 09-18-2009, 03:43 AM   #6
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

awesome, didnt knew that they cracked #12!
Unread 09-18-2009, 04:07 AM   #7
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Awesome band I like their albums from the past
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 04:21 AM   #8
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Metal is indeed strong in Europe, bu I also think metal bands kind of have the upper hand on mainstream music as far as record sales go, because it's album-oriented music and metal fans in general are pretty supportive of the bands they listen to. So album charts and single charts represent completely different music, most of the time.

More on topic, Nick sounds fantastic! One of my favourite singers for sure, I much prefer their current style over anything they've done earlier. Will definately be buying this album.

Btw I was pretty chocked (and pleasantly surprised) when I went to a Bon Jovi show last year and the PA was blasting Paradise Lost (the album) in between the bands :p

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2009, 04:33 AM   #9
Nick // Axe Palace

Yeah man he is a phenomenal singer - both clean and aggressive.

Unread 09-18-2009, 05:41 AM   #10
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

since i've heard the first tracks off the new album, i cant hardly wait for it to be released. preordered it and it should arrive soon.

and for some weeks now, Icon + Shades Of God + Draconian Times are on heavy rotation in my car.
Unread 09-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #11
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
I used to be a big fan of them when they were Doom/Death metal then loosed interest after Draconian Times. I still love to listen to Lost Paradise form time to time, one of the darkest album ever done IMO.

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 06:57 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

Bevo is just really niceBevo is just really nice
Thanks, never heard of them but like the style. Will look into some more of thier music.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #13
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Thanks, never heard of them but like the style. Will look into some more of thier music.
Check out their self-titled album, great stuff.

Unread 09-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #14
Treehugger

crayzee is just really nicecrayzee is just really nice
Quote:
since i've heard the first tracks off the new album, i cant hardly wait for it to be released. preordered it and it should arrive soon.

and for some weeks now, Icon + Shades Of God + Draconian Times are on heavy rotation in my car.
^ Yes, yes and yes (those 3 Albums). Didn't listen to that in quite a while, I ABSORBED Icon back in the day...great music.

And what an intense new Song/Video!

Talking about music is like dancing about architecture. - Steve Martin

Women are like mesas, all the knobs don't do what they say they do, some do the same thing as others,
some don't do anything at all, and you have to set them all right before any kind of enjoyment can come out of it.
And the next day when you fire it up with the same settings, it might sound like shit again.
- silentrage
crayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #15
Nick // Axe Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzee View Post
^ Yes, yes and yes (those 3 Albums). Didn't listen to that in quite a while, I ABSORBED Icon back in the day...great music.

And what an intense new Song/Video!

I like your Steve Martin quote btw. Has to be the first time in human history Paradise Lost and Steve Martin have been mentioned together