homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking I got to hang out with Limp Bizkit and NIN!

Last saturday there was a festival in Seoul. Some of you may know Seo Taiji.... hes a Korean rocker and he set up the shows.

My friend is a rock radio show host and got me tickets and hired me as his "staff photographer" this means i got to go back stage and further more...hang out with the bands and watch the show on the side stage.

I got to see all of Wes's guitars, Robin Finck's guitars. I got to see their whole rigs. I met and hung out mostly with the Limp Bizkit guys, they were super friendly and accommodating in letting me take pictures on stage behind John Otto and Lethal.

Let me just say that i am a Limp Bizkit fan....at all.

Their set was insanely good. Fred Durst was a really really nice guy, Wes lived up to all my expectations. We got to talk about his yamaha custom, Black Light Burns, the new LB album, he like my tattoo etc..
Lethal and Sam were a bit more aloof, but Otto was cool as shit and chatted with us for a while.

LB played and during lulls Fred would come over and hang out with me and tell me how ....ing hot it was or how he thinks Wes is a bit about his guitar shorting out. Wes asked me to tell him things in korean to yell to the crowd. I mean i was literally arms distance away from everything. Trent came out with his insanely hot girlfriend/Fiancee and watched LB play "faith" which was quite awesome.

LB was done and NIN was next. Trent was no where to be seen during this. I was surprised at how minimal the set up was for NIN. Robin Finck was nice enough to let me stand near his stuff and get some shots. They crew overall for NIN was a bit more dicky and didnt really like having me around. I took the hint and backed off after getting what i needed for the shoot.

I went to stage left, where everyone else was standing, and i was rubbing elbows with everyone from , Keane, Boom Boom Satellites, LB and some of the Korean groups. We all watched NIN together commenting on how nasty everything sounded. The set list was pretty eclectic and he played at least 2-3 songs from every album. He also announced this was the last time NIN would play in Asia....so sad. I eventually ended next to Wes (!) and shared some smiles when we sang along to "head like a hole" and "Survivalism".

Sadly trent was pretty well guarded and we didnt get to hang out at all. BUT after the show, we me them all up at their hotel lobby and got to sit in their circle of roadies , NIN (sans TR) and LB (sans Fred). They asked us about Korea and all that and we got to ask them stuff too. Like how ....ing terrible Marilyn Manson was when Wes played with him in Korea last year.

It was really cool to hear them just dropping names of friends like "yeah Howerdel.....and Lohner was like....and i think at Mansons halloween thing we...." all quite surreal.

That following monday LB played again and my Radio show host friend went and took them all out for beers at a bar....he got to jam with Otto and Wes....i had to work. so jealous.

It was an awesome experience and it was really cool to meet Wes, who had become a big influence on how i play guitar.

and my personal Favorite!
signalgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The uploader here is broken and will probably never be fixed. Get an account at Imageshack or Photobucket and host them there

ss.org on Twitter
ss.org on Facebook

Yeah, a lot of people are bugging their babies these days... I guess babies can't be trusted.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
will do thanks!
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
MFB
SS.org Regular

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Upload to Photobucket
Copy the link with the [IMG] tags

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #5
Ambiente Savante

just got an account. the pics are taking a while. but i should have them uploaded by tonight!
Unread 08-20-2009, 01:01 AM   #6
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Jealousy... RISING... Pics or it didn't happen

EDIT: Also, i have to say im not really surprised that Trent is a bit of a ....... i mean, the amount of coke that man must have done, and he has influenced an entire generation of musicians... it's not really a surprise to me

Last edited by Daemoniac; 08-20-2009 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #7
Ambiente Savante

pics up!
Unread 08-20-2009, 02:20 AM   #8
MFB
SS.org Regular

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nice pics, whats that piano/synth guitar thing?

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 02:22 AM   #9
Ambiente Savante

i have no idea. it was side stage for NIN i dont know if anyone used it. seems to glammy for NIN.
Unread 08-20-2009, 03:49 AM   #10
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Very cool pictures!

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 04:01 AM   #11
Ambiente Savante

thank you sir!
Unread 08-20-2009, 04:05 AM   #12
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You didn't happen to notice if he had his Yamaha seven-string with the OFR, did you? I've always wondered about that one...

ss.org on Twitter
ss.org on Facebook

Yeah, a lot of people are bugging their babies these days... I guess babies can't be trusted.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 04:25 AM   #13
Ambiente Savante

he didnt! i was looking for it. i even asked the tech about it. He did use it with BLB but he only brought the basics on this string of tour dates.

his Rockverbs sounded amazing btw

ive seen one picture of it, looks hot.

he had a white and black version of his yamaha and one quilted natural that looked amazing.
Unread 08-20-2009, 04:32 AM   #14
Banned

AySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to allAySay is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That must have been quite the experience!!! Lucky SOB
Also, is the hot asian girl in the flowery dress trent's fiancee? Cause she is "insanely hot"
AySay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #15
Ambiente Savante

yes thats her.

lotta makeup though. but definately smokin!
Unread 08-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #16
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awesome pics man!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #17
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
awesome pic..who is the nice looking lady (asian i suppose) in pic 4? your miss?

Ninja edit : shoudl have read the entire thread...still nice looking lady though..
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #18
Ambiente Savante

shes Trent's lady. Shes Filipino apparently. My gal is Korean hahaha...totally different look. but still quite a looker!
Unread 08-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #19
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
ah filipino ladies...where i work there are a lot of them..and yes they do like the odd bit of make-up and are (as far as i can tell) the smallest asian ladies i have come acrross!!!!

And malay is so weird as a language, both men and women sound exactly the same!!!

EDIt : Korean ladies FTW by the way..the few i know...man!!!!!!
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #20
Ambiente Savante

hahahaha according to most, Korean gals are #1 out of the asians. its not hard to see why. so yes. Korean GF...ftw.

as for small asian ladies. Thai and Vietnamese girl...are minuscule.
Unread 08-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #21
Sir Groove-A-Lot

Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.
Man, not to derail the awesomeness of the rest of the pictures and the time you had, but HOLY ....ING SHIT @ TRENT's LADY!!!

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just a ....ing lunatic" - Stephen Fry

Recording. Mixing. Mastering. ReAmping. Editing
Mattayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:04 AM   #22
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Very very jealous of you right now
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #23
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hot. Wes Borland that is.
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:13 AM   #24
SS.org Regular

Cyco Nino will become famous soon enough
You have been very lucky
Cyco Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:52 AM   #25
Ambiente Savante

well, hopefully there will be more of these as ive gotten such good feedback about the photos.

rumor has it, GNR are coming to town and so is Prodigy!