homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #26
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Damn, Wes looks crazy.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #27
the Experimetalist

Location: the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as Manchester, England
Triple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you get any info from Wes about his white sig model?
I remember a while back he said it was going to be made available as a limited production of 30 pieces worldwide but I've not heard anything since.

"People percieve the rock world as a dichotomy such as 'metal vs alternative' or 'mainstream vs underground' but dichotomies aren't real they're human constructs " - Kim Thayil

"They don't really understand that he was a funny mother@$%ker, he was not some down, dour drug addict. Nobody laughed more than Kurt and we had great times together" - Buzz Osbourne

Triple-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #28
the black wizards

Ze Kink is just really niceZe Kink is just really nice
I'm pretty jealous

Your maneki neko tattoo is awesome by the way
Ze Kink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #29
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Kink View Post
I'm pretty jealous

Your maneki neko tattoo is awesome by the way
Thank you. I have an artist in Japan ive been chummy with for about a year or so. Ill be going back next year for my other arm. He won all sorts of competitions and was #1 in Asia a year or two ago. Solid guy. if you ever feel like making the trip ill get you his info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-J View Post
Did you get any info from Wes about his white sig model?
I remember a while back he said it was going to be made available as a limited production of 30 pieces worldwide but I've not heard anything since.

No but his white one didnt look as nice. it was also cracked in half and reglued back together..you can see it in the first pic.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was put off. we talked about the guitar, i expressed how much i liked the design overall and how well it played. He said they had been having problems with the pickups that yamaha made for the guitar. Basically they were starcaster/tele custom pups, but they started to fail for one reason or another.

his tech area was covered with boxes of Distortion Trembuckers from Seymour Duncan. His tech, Mel, and him spent most of the pre show working on why the volume was diferent on each guitar.

I still very much want one of his siggy guitars as i think they look amazing and are definitely my style.

If they make and limited runs it should be of the quilted top amber finished one he played....soooo secksii!

so to recap hahaha. i think the pups need to be redesigned before they do a limited run of the white.

I want his 7 string version. he didnt have it at the show but he played it with BLB. hotness.

Last edited by signalgrey; 08-20-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
signalgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #30
ss.org Regular

Artur is on a distinguished road
god heavens.. i`m late but..

take a look at 1st picture, did anybody see the little paper with songs and WES GUITAR TUNING FOR SOME SONGS??? thats awesome!!! maybe that had done for a technics..

wow.. great pics!! and now we`ve known ab his tuning exactly)

so, does anybody know what strings he use? .10 - or .11 - .52? .56?

i can`t understand how he able to sound clearly with this tuning.. bec this is so low!! and what kind of strings he used when he was playing Ibanez 7 .. .62 or .68?
Artur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #31
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Very cool pics! Looks like you had a really bad ass time!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #32
Cherokee Warrior

TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I really surprised that they even agreed to play the same show, it's no secret that TF & FD hate each other.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=268162
Seven Strings to rule them all, Seven Strings to find them, Seven Strings to bring them all and in the music bind them.
TonyFlyingSquirrel is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #33
Such a strange numb

-mouse- is just really nice-mouse- is just really nice
business is business
-mouse- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #34
Appreciates Kwolity

ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Oh my god. Wes is the ....ing MAN!

Please tell me you asked him what the story is with his 7 string custom?
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #35
ss.org Regular

jnurp will become famous soon enough
wes is a maniac and trents lady is beyond words.
jnurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #36
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 137 reviews
Wow - for meeting one of my guitar heros.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 04:01 AM   #37
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
He didnt mention the 7. Although i have seen a live shot of him playing a TOM or stoptail 7 string of his custom. probably with the drone tuning he seems to like. He was saying that the stock pups in the yamaha were failing and hes been using SD trembucker distortion pups. his orange amp/cabs sounded ....ing amazing too.

im glad you guys have been enjoying this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
god heavens.. i`m late but..

take a look at 1st picture, did anybody see the little paper with songs and WES GUITAR TUNING FOR SOME SONGS??? thats awesome!!! maybe that had done for a technics..

the set list was as follows
all in c#-
My generation
livin it up
show me what you go
hot dog

all in b
Eat you alive

C#
Rollin
Break stuff
My way

4 string cremona

Nookie and Full Nelson

Behind Blue eyes

Take a look around C#

Faith B

i have a close up pick of the setlist and tunings i can get for you later.

wow.. great pics!! and now we`ve known ab his tuning exactly)

so, does anybody know what strings he use? .10 - or .11 - .52? .56?

i can`t understand how he able to sound clearly with this tuning.. bec this is so low!! and what kind of strings he used when he was playing Ibanez 7 .. .62 or .68?
i didnt get to see the strings he was using. i think hes an Ernie Ball user isnt he?. but his tone was prettty clear. hes got a pretty warm tone as it is especially with the semi hollow. but i think the trembucker pups are pretty bright and his orange tone was quite clear.

Last edited by signalgrey; 10-20-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #38
ss.org Regular

Shrediban3z will become famous soon enough
Can't see the pics because im at work but thats quite an experience.

Shrediban3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #39
i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Korngod is just really niceKorngod is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i work with fred's daughter (shes like 18-19), would be cool if she talked to him more and got me the hookup similar to this!

Originally Posted by Necris
"Pee in her butt, leave with her television."

My Band Website
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=969789
Korngod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #40
ERG Ambassador

lucasreis is a name known to alllucasreis is a name known to alllucasreis is a name known to alllucasreis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korngod View Post
i work with fred's daughter (shes like 18-19), would be cool if she talked to him more and got me the hookup similar to this!
Really? Cool, never noticed you were from Jacksonville. Is she the one named Adriana? I remember that he mentioned his daughter in one of Significant Other's songs.
lucasreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #41
Burrito Master

mlp187 is just really nicemlp187 is just really nice
I don't know if anyone has said it yet but Jim Halpert resembles you.

Nice shots too!
mlp187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #42
i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Korngod is just really niceKorngod is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasreis View Post
Really? Cool, never noticed you were from Jacksonville. Is she the one named Adriana? I remember that he mentioned his daughter in one of Significant Other's songs.
yea thats her

Originally Posted by Necris
"Pee in her butt, leave with her television."

My Band Website
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=969789
Korngod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #43
Foolish Mortal

Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Xaios harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Curious, does Wes bring any of his old Ibby's and PRS's on tour still? Or is it all Yamaha?
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:30 AM   #44
Ambiente Savante

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp187 View Post
I don't know if anyone has said it yet but Jim Halpert resembles you.

Nice shots too!

dude i get that ALLLLL the ....ing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
Curious, does Wes bring any of his old Ibby's and PRS's on tour still? Or is it all Yamaha?

i saw only a few jacksons and a bunch of yamahas. i dont think they really went all out and brought alot of stuff. but yeah. i dont remember seeing any ibbys or a prs.

Last edited by signalgrey; 10-21-2009 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 10-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #45
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
He's been spotted with an Alexi Laiho sig ESP too, hasn't he? Guess he doesn't really give a shit anymore

ss.org on Twitter
ss.org on Facebook

Yeah, a lot of people are bugging their babies these days... I guess babies can't be trusted.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 07:17 AM   #46
Ambiente Savante

yeah he played something like it. Is Alexi playing an ESP? or a Jackson? but it was that style. it sounded great. looked weird on wes for some reason. go figure.
Unread 10-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #47
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
i woudl agree with DDDorian here. I guess someone with his status can afford not too care too much about which axe he uses, but i second Signal thoughts : must look weird on him though!!

do you have a pic of him with the ESP by any chances?
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #48
Ambiente Savante

i thiiiiink so. he only used it for faith and eat you alive i think. tuned to drop B if i recall correctly. ill check my photos again for ya.
Unread 10-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #49
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
sweet!!! thanks dude, and faith LB way has always made me chukkle. it is a shame that George Michael never did a mix with LB on stage!! that would have been totally awesome!!!
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #50
Ambiente Savante

it was good enough that even Trent came out to watch it.