homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #51
Random Swede

Hypothermia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'll probably get hated for this but, i ....ing love some old Eminem
Hypothermia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #52
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
Just because I'm sure this has NEVER been on SS.ORG and it's one of my favorite songs of all time.

And because I loved this vid as a kid. For those of you who enjoy such a thing go to 1:43 for one of the best cuts in video history. The genius behind putting a freeze frame on that..truly the work of divine power.

DrakkarTyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #53
Correct-handed

leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothermia View Post
Nobody is gonna hate you for it.

His old stuff us unscathed my fame and shit. He wrote what he wanted to, not what the label or the public wanted to hear.

"Yeah, sometimes when you're cool, you spontaneously combust into a fireball of awesomeness" - RenegadeDave
leftyguitarjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:14 AM   #54
stay tuned

damigu is just really nicedamigu is just really nice

aesop rock.
one of the best current hip-hop acts. none of that pre-packaged radio shit.
damigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 05:03 AM   #55
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post
Old, angular-beat Busta was awesome. 'Whoo Haa', 'Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can't See'. It lost its intrigue when he went the way of the pop schematic though. Same for Wu Tang.

I saw the new Jay-Z ('Death To Autotune'), and honestly I appreciate the sentiment and stand-up against convention, but seriously... someone of his profile and clout couldn't have made the statement five years ago. The genre was lost a long time ago and trying to salvage it at this point is moot. Echos of glam rock, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damigu View Post

aesop rock.
Holy shit, that was awesome! Thanks man.

Last edited by Variant; 08-05-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #56
ss.org Regular

Luuk is just really niceLuuk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by damigu View Post

aesop rock.
I recommend them a page earlier too.. Great to see you like him too
Luuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #57
SS.org Regular

Arteriorrhexis is just really niceArteriorrhexis is just really nice
I really like this kinda stuff
Arteriorrhexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #58
:O

Excalibur is a jewel in the rough
Body Count.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #59
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Get the self-titled Slaughterhouse debut - it leaked just now but it'll be out on the 11th. Supergroup (oh how I hate that term) featuring Royce Da 5'9", Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz and Crooked I. I guarantee most of you will hate it based on what's been posted thus far but the chops those four guys have are just ridiculous. Lyrically, I mean, they don't have sideburns. Their loss.

ss.org on Twitter
ss.org on Facebook

Yeah, a lot of people are bugging their babies these days... I guess babies can't be trusted.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #60
President / RHLC ©

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothermia View Post
You can love or hate Eminem's style, but he's one hell of a rapper. Especialy on his first records. He makes rymes that wouldn't work if it wasn't him saying them.

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #61
SS.org Regular

SerratedSkies is just really niceSerratedSkies is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDorian View Post
Get the self-titled Slaughterhouse debut - it leaked just now but it'll be out on the 11th. Supergroup (oh how I hate that term) featuring Royce Da 5'9", Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz and Crooked I. I guarantee most of you will hate it based on what's been posted thus far but the chops those four guys have are just ridiculous. Lyrically, I mean, they don't have sideburns. Their loss.
Everyone in that group is nasty, except Joe Budden, who is my pick for worst rapper out right now that isn't mainstream. Saigon shit on Joe Budden so hard, it made me never want to hear his voice again, which is a shame, because I love Royce and Joell Ortiz.
SerratedSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #62
stay tuned

damigu is just really nicedamigu is just really nice

el-p

another semi-underground NYC scene hip-hop artist that i've been into for a few years now.
el-p owns the label that aesop rock is on.
damigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #63
Such a strange numb

-mouse- is just really nice-mouse- is just really nice
Nujabes!
-mouse- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #64
ss.org Regular

Luuk is just really niceLuuk is just really nice
BUMP. I'm riding (snowboard) a lot last weeks.. And this is the song I love to death while riding..

Luuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #65
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Some good stuff ITT, but 7 pages and nobody mentioned Swollen Members?

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #66
SS Contributor

elrrek is a jewel in the rough
After looking through the thread I cannot find them being mentioned but I very, very seriously recommend hunting down Cannibal Ox's record "The Cold Vein" which is also from the school of EL-P and Aesop Rock. From Cannibal OX you should also check out the solo records from Vast Aire and Vodul Megga. From this label and associated you should also check out The Atoms Family, C-Rayz-Waltz, Oddatee and another excellent band to investigate is the might Dälek who I saw for the 4th time on Saturday night when they absolutely flattened the venue.

It might be worth your while to check out a record call "Brotherhood of the Bomb" by Techno Animal which features many guest appearances from under ground rappers - many mentioned in this post - in a different environment.

Hey look out! It's an opinion! WTF?!?

at war with false noise records
elrrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #67
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Also needs more vids:

Gotta sneak a dubstep remix in too:

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote