homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
this godles endeavor

omentremor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Origin of Symmetry appreciation thread

I just stumbled acroos the 2nd Muse cd 'Origin of Symmetry' and it's reblown my mind. This was the album that drew me away from being a classical guitarist. The first Muse effort has some brilliant songs on it, as does Absolution but neither felt like consistently great albums. The first they were finding their feet and the third was starting to walk down the road of pretentious dreary rock which is where they have now gone. But man what a spectacular album Origin is. To this day I still feel influenced by it in the way I use clean sections.
Anyone else love this record?

PS Space Dimentia has to be one of the most evil songs ever written.

Last edited by omentremor; 06-10-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
omentremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
it is good

'Bliss' has one of my favourite arpeggio uses of all time.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Hmm, Upgrades?

Zahs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Muse = Music for clever people

MUSE FTW

What's the most resilient parasite, an idea. A single idea from the Human mind, can build cities, an idea, can transform the world and re-write all the rules, which is why... I have to steal it.
Zahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yes yes yes yes yes. Origin of Symmetry is the first Muse album I ever got and the only one I've kept. Everything afterwards has been nothing but Bellamy perusing his own arsehole, and Showbiz just never really did it for me. OoS, on the other hand, is start to finish a badass record.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote