homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #26
the Experimetalist

Location: the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as Manchester, England
Triple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like dual vocals and don't think enough bands use them.
On record as long as there's a difference in vocal tones it works but live I like the "Tag Team" vibe it gives off as I think it adds to the show, Raging Speedhorn were a great example of this despite them having 2 very similar vocalists they were very impressive and downright ferocious as a live band!

"People percieve the rock world as a dichotomy such as 'metal vs alternative' or 'mainstream vs underground' but dichotomies aren't real they're human constructs " - Kim Thayil

"They don't really understand that he was a funny mother@$%ker, he was not some down, dour drug addict. Nobody laughed more than Kurt and we had great times together" - Buzz Osbourne

Triple-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #27
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd like to hear one that doesn't make me want to punch myself in the nuts repeatedly.

That's what I think about them.

In concept -- awesome. In practice, so far as what little I've been exposed to -- EPIC fail.
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #28
boots2asses

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
Into Eternity and Origin only have one frontman. Which isn't what OP was talking about.

Personally, i think its pointless as hell in a metal context.
Yeah, I was about to say that. Tim Roth does the backing vocals.
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #29
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
Personally, i think its pointless as hell in a metal context.
Why do you hate Alice In Chains?

Two singers is fine, just like two guitarists, two drummers, etc. Even awesome at times, and they don't have to contrast each other, IMHO. Disarmona Mundi have three singing both growls and cleans on some songs... and some like 'Process For Annihilation' have growls layering up and it sounds positively beastly.

Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #30
ss.org Regular

a7stringkilla will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variant View Post
Why do you hate Alice In Chains?

Two singers is fine, just like two guitarists, two drummers, etc. Even awesome at times, and they don't have to contrast each other, IMHO. Disarmona Mundi have three singing both growls and cleans on some songs... and some like 'Process For Annihilation' have growls layering up and it sounds positively beastly.

there is nothing i can say thats bad about that song but it doesnt need 3 singers to do it. THAT IS ....IN LAME!!!!!!!!!!! what are they, the prog-metal choir? do they circle jerk on stage? that is truely some nerdy shit.
a7stringkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #31
Theoretical Reality

eegor is just really niceeegor is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The only band I can say I've heard that has two singers is Fellsilent. I don't like the harsh vocals too much, but that's more because I'm not much of a fan of screamo vocals. However I think their clean vocals are fantastic. They harmonize just about everything, and I think it really adds character to their music.
eegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #32
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think they can be great, i mean Sikth, Mushroomhead and Ill Nino all have 2 singers, and i really like all three of them
On the other hand, bands with as shit a male singer as Lacuna Coil...
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #33
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7stringkilla View Post
there is nothing i can say thats bad about that song but it doesnt need 3 singers to do it. THAT IS ....IN LAME!!!!!!!!!!! what are they, the prog-metal choir? do they circle jerk on stage? that is truely some nerdy shit.
I dunno, I'd say all the vocalists sound different and that it would be awesome live.
wannabguitarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #34
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Wow... "Not my cup of tea" would do... shit, I don't think I've ever neg. repped anyone on here on the 2+ years I've been a contributor, and given the recent abuse of the neg. rep system, I'm really avoiding it but dude, you made me think about it. Of course, you shit on Sikth as well, so there's really no accounting for taste here.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #35
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variant View Post
Wow... "Not my cup of tea" would do... shit, I don't think I've ever neg. repped anyone on here on the 2+ years I've been a contributor, and given the recent abuse of the neg. rep system, I'm really avoiding it but dude, you made me think about it. Of course, you shit on Sikth as well, so there's really no accounting for taste here.
dude i didnt direct anything toward YOU and you wanna neg rep me? sorry, didnt mean to talk smack about your lovers. check it out, i am harsh when i dont like something but a am also very nice when i do. and some of you are gonna findout how very generous i can be, hopefully by the end of the year. so if you wanna neg rep me go ahead, i got thick skin n broad shoulders, wont mean shit.
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #36
ss.org Regular

noodleplugerine is a jewel in the rough
Acting like a hard ass doesn't impress anyone.

Stop being so provocative, nobody actually cares what you think, but at the same time, they don't like seeing their fave bands get bashed.

Oh and by the by, SiKth rock.

Dual vocals done perfectly, taking turns, doubling up clean and scream, harmonizing, all sorts going on, and unlike single singer bands that do the same - they could actually do it live.
noodleplugerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #37
Banned

metal_head666 is headed in the right direction.
One doing clean and another doing growls or whatnot is good. I must say that I HATE female vocals, unless it's WitTR type stuff.
metal_head666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #38
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleplugerine View Post
Acting like a hard ass doesn't impress anyone.

Stop being so provocative, nobody actually cares what you think, but at the same time, they don't like seeing their fave bands get bashed.

Oh and by the by, SiKth rock.

Dual vocals done perfectly, taking turns, doubling up clean and scream, harmonizing, all sorts going on, and unlike single singer bands that do the same - they could actually do it live.
i didnt say anything against you either. if nobody "actually" cares what i think then nobody cares what you think, right? and if thats the case, why do you post on here. im not directing anything at anyone here and if i do its cause they brought it to me.
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #39
Banned

MTech is a glorious beacon of lightMTech is a glorious beacon of lightMTech is a glorious beacon of light
3 inches of blood and lacuna coil come to mind.... nightwish etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoniac View Post
On the other hand, bands with as shit a male singer as Lacuna Coil...

He's a lot better on the new album. They got a larger practice room and it has more room for vocal practice I was told, plus they spent a lot more time focusing on vocals on this album.
MTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #40
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Quote:
dude i didnt direct anything toward YOU and you wanna neg rep me? sorry, didnt mean to talk smack about your lovers. check it out, i am harsh when i dont like something but a am also very nice when i do. and some of you are gonna findout how very generous i can be, hopefully by the end of the year. so if you wanna neg rep me go ahead, i got thick skin n broad shoulders, wont mean shit.
Dude, you dont like something, thats fine. Say it politely like the rest of us do, and stop acting like a ....tard.

Quote:
i didnt say anything against you either. if nobody "actually" cares what i think then nobody cares what you think, right? and if thats the case, why do you post on here. im not directing anything at anyone here and if i do its cause they brought it to me.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTech View Post
He's a lot better on the new album. They got a larger practice room and it has more room for vocal practice I was told, plus they spent a lot more time focusing on vocals on this album.
Im glad I really do like them, and even on the CD's hes not too bad, but i watched a live DVD one of my mates has, and damn... its just awful

Last edited by Daemoniac; 04-21-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #41
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
a7stringkilla - I do see your point, but that's just not how shit goes down around here. Try to be less abrasive in future.

Also, I swear to Gilbert Gottfried, if this turns into another bitchfight about rep I'm signing you all up to the Brokencyde mailing list.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #42
Rivethead Magnate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDorian View Post
Also, I swear to Gilbert Gottfried, if this turns into another bitchfight about rep I'm signing you all up to the Brokencyde mailing list.
Beware the wrath of DDDorian...
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #43
SS.org Regular

March_of_the_Mutes is just really niceMarch_of_the_Mutes is just really nice
im surprised nobodys mentioned the number 12 looks like you.
March_of_the_Mutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #44
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I see two singers just like I see having an extra string...more options!
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #45
Agent of Chaos

Apex1rg7x is a splendid one to beholdApex1rg7x is a splendid one to beholdApex1rg7x is a splendid one to beholdApex1rg7x is a splendid one to beholdApex1rg7x is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
How and the .... has this got to 5 pages without anyone mentioning FellSilent? Come the .... on people...
Apex1rg7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #46
ss.org Regular

shredfreak is a jewel in the rough
Should work fine as long as everything matches togheter really.

Bland street bloom from sikth was a pretty good example but will prolly take a lot of practise to get it right (specially with volume differences).

Only examples that come to mind atm are brutal truth & gorguts and there's some interesting stuff going on on bucketheads enter the chicken album aswell.
Gorguts is prolly a bad example here since there's no real tag teaming or harmonizing going on there though so

Seems like your singer is kinda in the same lane im in. I cant scream for shit & double tracking vocal lines literally is a pain to pull of . would be cool if the bassist or guitarist could learn to scream since i'm not too happy with my own "sound".
shredfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #47
The Dragonrider

WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex1rg7x View Post
How and the .... has this got to 5 pages without anyone mentioning FellSilent? Come the .... on people...
i've seen them mentioned at least twice...
WarriorOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #48

Petef2007 is a jewel in the rough
I must admit i'm interested to see how Scar Symmetry do with 2 vocalists in place of Christian.

Truth.Integrity.Strength.
Petef2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #49
Banned

MTech is a glorious beacon of lightMTech is a glorious beacon of lightMTech is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoniac View Post
Im glad I really do like them, and even on the CD's hes not too bad, but i watched a live DVD one of my mates has, and damn... its just awful
It is, I just saw them recently and I'm going to see them again before the month is through. They had the new album streaming on their myspace to check out.. LACUNA COIL - [SHALLOW LIFE Out NOW!] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
MTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #50
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex1rg7x View Post
5 pages? 2 pages here, someone needs to change there settings
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote