homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

Richardscuro is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just got back from the Joe Satriani In-store appearance in Seattle.

Man, it was great. Joe did an in-store appearance at American Music in Seattle. He signed one item and autographed a picture. He was also way cool about taking pictures.

While in line, he answered questions that fans had. We got to ask him questions over the PA in the store. The first question I had for him was one that I have always wanted to ask him. It concerned how he runs his distortion stomp boxes into the front end of his amp. I asked him if he likes to run his stomp boxes with a completely clean setting on the amp, or with the amp set to breakup just a little bit. He said that he goes back and fourth on this. He told us that it depends alot on the gain structure of the pedal. Some sound better with a completely clean setting on the amp and some sound better with some breakup from the amp.

This is the bummer question. I asked him about his sevenstring pickups he has in his custom sevenstrings. He told me that the bridge pickups in both of his sevenstrings are Fred 7string prototype pickups made by Steve Blucher (sorry if I messed up his name) and the neck pickups are stock Universe neck pickups. The bummer was that he said that he is moving away from using those guitars.

He was so nice to everyone in line. He was patient and cool about signing anything you brought.

He autographed the back of the headstock on my Ibanez S-Series 7string!
I got an autographed picture.
I got my picture taken with him.
And, I won a $40 Planet Waves Cable in the door prize drawing!

Satriani is my favorite player and I am so excited that I got to meet him. He was so great. I highly recommend going to any of his other in-store appearances if they are in your area. You won't be dissappointed.
Richardscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-19-2006, 01:07 AM   #2
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
For sure!

Cool!

I wish he'd release more stuff with sevens.

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Awesome! I saw him in bostin in support of the JSX head, and watching him do a 30-minute set from 5 feet away is one of the highlights of my concert-going experience.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
Cubicle Dweller

BCrowell is just really niceBCrowell is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Awesome! I saw him in bostin in support of the JSX head, and watching him do a 30-minute set from 5 feet away is one of the highlights of my concert-going experience.
WOW Drew, that must have been an experience! I'd sell my left...ah hell both nuts to see that!! JSX head...yummm... I might have one coming...neg. a deal on one right now!!

*Image removed in fear of Chris's 133t Krom skills!
www.briancrowell.com | "Carribean Blue" on SNOCAP!
Myspace Page | YouTube Page
BCrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #5
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Shit, I wish I had known.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #6
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sweetness.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #7
je t'aime

David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
.... DUDE, you should have told us! I didn't know that! SHIT
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

Richardscuro is a jewel in the rough
Sorry guys.

I have been so busy lately with work and trying to sell my house that I have not had much time to post.

Next time something like this comes up in the area, I wil make sure that I post it and we can make it a sevenstring.org get together.
Richardscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #9
blah!

nyck is just really nicenyck is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Think how sweet that would be if he said he started to get more into 7s and Ibanez is currently making him a production 7....droolz...
nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #10
that guy

Dylan7620 is just really niceDylan7620 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
lol, no one reads the stranger anymore? it was in there for a while. i missed it though, all my friends pussed out.

"are there gonna be snacks? i heard there were gonna be snacks."
Dylan7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah he is an awesome dude, he came down to Australia and I met him too.

Good shit dude
Mark. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #12
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Congrats on meeting Joe! I was hoping to see him use his JS-7 more frequently though. Hopefully he'll use it at the show im going to.

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2006, 08:13 AM   #13
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I hate how artists say they're "moving away" from sevens - it implies that they made a conscious choice to do so, instead of just not picking it up much of late.

Clearly, we have our work to do.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote