homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why Do You Hate Deathcore?

Why do you hate deathcore?

1.Excessive Use Breakdowns
2.Emo/Hardcore Fags make Deathcore "Best Breakdown" Video's that make it impossible to find good Deathcore bands on youtube.
3.Pig Squealing

i can handle the more DEATH then Core style bands like whitechapel and through the eyes of the dead....but holy shit everything else is getting so scene its insane
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Banned

Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Its a washed out overpopulated genre. Bands I can stand:

1. All Shall Perish.

I'll fill the rest in when I discover them.
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
Smokestack Lightning

telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post

1. All Shall Perish.

What he said.

Honestly, the music is just mixing Cannibal Corpse riffs and the worst part of about hardcore. If they mixed death metal in the style of let's say Death or Morbid Angel or Necrophagist with hardcore, then that'd be cool
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yes. I do.
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecaster90 View Post
What he said.

Honestly, the music is just mixing Cannibal Corpse riffs and the worst part of about hardcore. If they mixed death metal in the style of let's say Death or Morbid Angel or Necrophagist with hardcore, then that'd be cool
thats The Faceless and Born of Orisis

Yeah if it Was like Cannibal/Fetus/Suffo with an occasional well played breakdown it would be epic
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Oh, it says "Why do you hate etc etc.." not "do you hate"

In which case, theres just something about it that annoys me.. i think its a combination of the music, the vocals, and the beats.
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
Shreddin it up!

mizfi7 will become famous soon enough
What bands do you guys consider deathcore. I just call everything metal cause then my friends just get to confuse. But my band is like a through the eyes of the dead/the black dahlia murder mix. Would that be deathcore?
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Needs moar Gear.....

its always this.

generic chug riff with a pinch harmonic
into a blast beat
into a generic "ooooooOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" Or "BuurrrrrrrEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" vocal scream
into and random pre-mature "thump" breakdown
generic lyrics about being sad and killing
generic leead up to the breakdown
something stupid like "and you dieeeeee!!!"
a breakdown that lasts longer then the entire song without the breakdown included
repeat then end
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
Banned

Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
...ergo excluding a band as awesome as The Black Dahlia Murder from being 'deathcore'.
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
To me, deathcore combines all the boring superficial aspects of modern death metal and "hardcore" and neglects everything that makes those genres enjoyable. The kids who play it like to hide behind irony as an excuse for being horrible songwriters and often act as if having "hilarious" lyrics about Gucci sweaters or Linux kernels or whatever somehow makes them more highbrow than classic death metal bands. I get the impression that most of them were listening to Limp Bizkit a couple of years ago and I resent them for treating one of my favourite metal genres as little more than a punchline to an unfunny joke.
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
Banned

Anthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud of
There's very little Deathcore that I can stand.

All Shall Perish
After the Burial (Amazing aside from their first singer IMO)
Born Of Osiris (More techy)
And if you consider early Faceless deathcore, them too. The Faceless are one of my favorite bands right now.
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #12
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I'd imagine Fellsilent is considered deathcore, and I dig them (well, kinda). Also, I like all the bands listed above.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #13
Pope of Chilitown

AVWIII is just really niceAVWIII is just really nice
Is clients-era The Red Chord deathcore? If so, that's pretty much the only deathcore band I truly enjoy.

Johnbo G. Coolness
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #14
porkshop sammiches

sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.
Quote:

1. All Shall Perish.

Quote:
a band as awesome as The Black Dahlia Murder from being 'deathcore'.
Can't agree more.

What I really hate the most is the breakdown of genre's. I mean I had no idea until this thread that ASP was considered deathcore. I also had no idea wtf deathcore was.

All in all, I don't care. If I like what I hear, I don't stop to think what genre the band is "classified" as and don't care. Plain and simple.

I've heard bands with similar style to ASP and basically didn't like them.

At least I'm not surprised as I was when I found out Lamb of God was considered "metalcore." I mean, wtf? Just because they have breakdowns in some of their songs?

/rant.

ɹıɐ-lǝq pǝllɐɔ uʍoʇ ɐ ɟo ǝɔuıɹd ǝɥʇ ǝɯɐɔǝq ı ʍoɥ noʎ llǝʇ ll,ı
ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇıs ʇsnɾ ǝʇnuıɯ ɐ ǝʞɐʇ oʇ ǝʞıl p,ı puɐ
uʍop ǝpısdn pǝuɹnʇ 'pǝddılɟ ʇoƃ ǝɟıl ʎɯ
ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ llɐ ʎɹoʇs ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ ʍou

OH GOD WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS - DDDorian
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #15
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecaster90 View Post
What he said.

You pretty much just described my band, if you throw in bits of black metal and prog

MySpace.com - TERRORHORSE (NEW LAYOUT/VOTE FOR US) - London, CA - Metal / Progressive / Death Metal - www.myspace.com/terrorhorse

(our new stuff also adds some Meshuggah, Psyopus, and Porcupine Tree influenced stuff )

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #16
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami View Post
At least I'm not surprised as I was when I found out Lamb of God was considered "metalcore." I mean, wtf? Just because they have breakdowns in some of their songs?

/rant.
Well, people can be really pretentious and snobby about labeling music. Most of the the time, 10-15 years later you look back and scratch your head at how some bands were lumped in together.

Myself? I look at Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, etc. and find few discernible similarities between them. At the time, though, I recollect hearing ".... all those grunge bands! They're all just the same, stupid, no talented hippie shit." Now, I'm no real fan of any of those bands anymore but the hypothesis stands.

In every genre and era of music, there's innovators and there's copycats. While The Black Dahlia Murder or All Shall Perish are widely deemed more acceptable "deathcore", their longevity (not necessarily in existence, but in playlists) is probably a lot more certain then the that of the infinite nameless bands that they'll be lumped in with and serve to waterdown the genre (metal in general, really) and cause "****core" to become a four letter word.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #17
Shreddin it up!

mizfi7 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post
You pretty much just described my band, if you throw in bits of black metal and prog

MySpace.com - TERRORHORSE (NEW LAYOUT/VOTE FOR US) - London, CA - Metal / Progressive / Death Metal - www.myspace.com/terrorhorse

(our new stuff also adds some Meshuggah, Psyopus, and Porcupine Tree influenced stuff )
:b owdown:
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #18
Banned

The Black Dahlia Murder aren't anything at all like Deatchcore. They don't have breakdowns, shitty bree vocals, utterly crap lyrics, eight string guitars or sweeps used to make a riff like all DC bands are just now. They're just out and out melodeath.
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #19
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami View Post
What I really hate the most is the breakdown of genre's. I mean I had no idea until this thread that ASP was considered deathcore. I also had no idea wtf deathcore was.

All in all, I don't care. If I like what I hear, I don't stop to think what genre the band is "classified" as and don't care. Plain and simple.

I've heard bands with similar style to ASP and basically didn't like them.

/rant.
This is pretty much me in a nutshell. I don't know nor do I care who is or isn't "deathcore." Anyone who actually gets in arguments about who is or isn't this, that, or whatever ....ing subgenre some band is needs to relax and get their ....ing head examined.

That being said, I like ASP, BOO, TTEOTD. The ones that bother me are the bands that all use drop A on a 7: Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, and Carnifex. They might sound good, but I just hate drop tunings.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

fallenz3ro is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
deathcore has really hurt metal for me. i've turned to rap/hip hop for a little break.

i can only listen to periphery and meshuggah for metal...at least for the past few weeks.

modern thrash needs to become the next 'metal trend'
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #21
delirium tremens

Aaron is a glorious beacon of lightAaron is a glorious beacon of lightAaron is a glorious beacon of light
I happen to like it, i think some of these bands such as Carnifex, all shall perish, and whitechapel have some pretty intense music, and i agree some of it can be repetitive at times, such as suicide silence i could only take so much of them. I will say that i am a deathcore fan though and i think alot of these bands are putting the 7 back in the spotlight.

My snake will eat your guinea pig
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #22
.... Your Face!

NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
This is pretty much me in a nutshell. I don't know nor do I care who is or isn't "deathcore." Anyone who actually gets in arguments about who is or isn't this, that, or whatever ....ing subgenre some band is needs to relax and get their ....ing head examined.

That being said, I like ASP, BOO, TTEOTD. The ones that bother me are the bands that all use drop A on a 7: Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, and Carnifex. They might sound good, but I just hate drop tunings.
You don't like certain bands because they use drop tunings? Incredibly odd coming from someone posting on SEVENSTRING.ORG.
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #23
Deathgrind Maniac

Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDorian View Post
To me, deathcore combines all the boring superficial aspects of modern death metal and "hardcore" and neglects everything that makes those genres enjoyable. The kids who play it like to hide behind irony as an excuse for being horrible songwriters and often act as if having "hilarious" lyrics about Gucci sweaters or Linux kernels or whatever somehow makes them more highbrow than classic death metal bands. I get the impression that most of them were listening to Limp Bizkit a couple of years ago and I resent them for treating one of my favourite metal genres as little more than a punchline to an unfunny joke.
yes

------------------------

Don't talk shit about total.
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #24
Rivethead Magnate.

I drop tune... drop G#... but im not metalcore
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #25
Deathgrind Maniac

Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaTiveXero View Post
You don't like certain bands because they use drop tunings? Incredibly odd coming from someone posting on SEVENSTRING.ORG.
not odd at all. standard tuning is standard even on a 7 as in:beadgbe. just as tuning aeadgbe is a drop tuning on a 7 just like tuning dadgbe is a drop tuning on a 6.

------------------------

Don't talk shit about total.
Closed Thread