homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #76
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post
That's funny, because BTBAM are one of our influences for sure Thanks man
No problem douchebag

:wub;

EDIT: ^ a wub fail!

Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #77
2[H]4U

m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Good DeathCore

another couple of great songs off that album

Unread 01-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #78
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I HATE AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK because they sound so .. immature .. ....! I'M SO ANGRY
Unread 01-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #79
Banned

Survival101 is just really niceSurvival101 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDorian View Post
To me, deathcore combines all the boring superficial aspects of modern death metal and "hardcore" and neglects everything that makes those genres enjoyable. The kids who play it like to hide behind irony as an excuse for being horrible songwriters and often act as if having "hilarious" lyrics about Gucci sweaters or Linux kernels or whatever somehow makes them more highbrow than classic death metal bands. I get the impression that most of them were listening to Limp Bizkit a couple of years ago and I resent them for treating one of my favourite metal genres as little more than a punchline to an unfunny joke.
^^^
That is the short version of what I want to say.
I agree with everyone on the obnoxious overuse of breakdowns. Everything is good in moderation, I get annoyed by guitar solos when they're in EVERY SINGLE DAMN SONG in an album, but not to the extent of breakdowns because there is (here's me being a dick) actually music theory and much more creativity involved in writing a (good) solo than a breakdown. Plus, you can only do so much with an open note, pinch harmonics and disonant chords.

I used to like deathcore, I used to be in a deathcore band (terrible experience), but I just honestly don't hear the advanced levels of music composition that are present in standard death metal bands. That's not to say that there aren't deathcore bands that have a lot of music theory knowledge, but overall it just seems it's a bunch of kids who picked up a guitar about 3 months ago and possess very little originality. The song structure with this kind of music is damn near identical in every song and I don't hear anything that sounds like honest time and effort was put into it. Once again, there are exceptions to the rule, but I'm speaking in generalities based on my observations.

Most of all, I will admit my hatred for the genre comes from the scene and mentality that go along with it. My abhorrence for this has no bounds. More than anything it's the mentality...

I'm going to stop here before I say something irrational.
Unread 01-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #80
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeido View Post
The breakdown of the breakdown is the best you gotta love the downshift from 100bpm to 50bpm to 25bpm ahaha
I don't think I've ever heard a breakdown of a breakdown until recent times
I'd say 200bpm, to 100bpm to 50bpm would be more dramatic
Unread 01-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #81
look at each other..

Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
DDDorian hit the nail on the head for me...

I also have a hard time getting the hype about White Chapel. It's not a question of taste o because I don't like them or whatever, but I gave them a chance, heard them live, and their performance was bland, unmemorable, and totally annoying. Then Neuraxis came on destroying the whole set, and all I hear after is talks of White Chapel... am I missing something?

Unread 01-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #82
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Doodl3.2 View Post
DDDorian hit the nail on the head for me...

I also have a hard time getting the hype about White Chapel. It's not a question of taste o because I don't like them or whatever, but I gave them a chance, heard them live, and their performance was bland, unmemorable, and totally annoying. Then Neuraxis came on destroying the whole set, and all I hear after is talks of White Chapel... am I missing something?
its most likely these degenerate 15 yearold kids out there that only judge a band by how good there breakdowns are. cause there ....tards with no sense of musical nor melodic theory. just chug chug chug chug booooom

weres the crabwalk breakdown gif/vid when you need it?
Unread 01-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #83
ss.org Regular

errnestoo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post
You pretty much just described my band, if you throw in bits of black metal and prog

MySpace.com - TERRORHORSE (NEW LAYOUT/VOTE FOR US) - London, CA - Metal / Progressive / Death Metal - www.myspace.com/terrorhorse

(our new stuff also adds some Meshuggah, Psyopus, and Porcupine Tree influenced stuff )

Unread 01-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #84
Djent ,Djent ,Djent

ire_works is just really niceire_works is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingLight7 View Post
its most likely these degenerate 15 yearold kids out there that only judge a band by how good there breakdowns are. cause there ....tards with no sense of musical nor melodic theory. just chug chug chug chug booooom

ask and ye shalt recieve
Attached Images
File Type: gif 5trtpf.gif (108.3 KB, 194 views)

"If I were in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and the singer of this band and I had a gun with 2 bullets, I would shoot the singer twice." - MarkB (Attack Attack Thread)
Unread 01-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #85
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Deathcore is kinda fun to play imo. Then again I can't play anything remotely technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ire_works View Post

And I've never listened to Veil of Maya before
Unread 01-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #86
the Experimetalist

Location: the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as Manchester, England
Triple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to all
I hope that Michael Jackson does a comeback tour and ditches the moonwalk in favour of the crabwalk!
The solo in "Beat It" + MJ crabwalking = WIN!!

DDDorian's post

To me Deathcore sounds amateurish like kids who are trying to imitate Death/Black Metal after hearing it for the first time.
Personally I don't like it cause rather like Pop-punk the bands that play it sound interchangeable which in my eyes makes it a scene which won't evolve and I honestly believe life is just to short to even give a shit about genre's and bands that are stagnant especially when there is so much better and inspiring stuff out there.

"People percieve the rock world as a dichotomy such as 'metal vs alternative' or 'mainstream vs underground' but dichotomies aren't real they're human constructs " - Kim Thayil

"They don't really understand that he was a funny mother@$%ker, he was not some down, dour drug addict. Nobody laughed more than Kurt and we had great times together" - Buzz Osbourne

Unread 01-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #87
ss.org Regular

rasse is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You realize you just basically told about 10 people that posted on this thread are immature ....tards?

-edit typo
Unread 01-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #88
Banned

Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasse View Post
You realize you just basically told about 10 people that posted on this thread are immature ....tards?

-edit typo
You're honestly surprised someone said something stupid on the internet?

That's all right man, I couldn't care less what someone thinks of the music I listen to. Doesn't affect me in any way.
Unread 01-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #89
Zac
ss.org Regular

Zac will become famous soon enough
Dismissing an entire genre of music based on it's fans/image is ....ing bullshit. I did it for years with Black Metal, and regret it. That said, I still can't stand most BM fans.

While I don't particularly like Deathcore, there are definitely bands who play it well, and there are talented people who play said genre. Born of Osiris are excellent, and definitely don't stick to any formula. The album "Akeldama" by The Faceless is an amazing album, and yes, it has it's share of breakdowns. Their second release, "Planetary Duality", is more technical and has practically no traces of Core, if you're the type of person who takes the word "Core" (or "Hardcore") to be universally derogatory.
Unread 01-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #90
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of

ORT ORT ORT ORT ORT ORT

ORT ORT ORT ORT BREEEEEEEE

Anyone want the video? theres like 5 different versions of it too
Unread 01-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #91
the Djentleman

ThrashensteiN is a jewel in the rough
I cant stand the bands that dress like theyre a bunch of wanna be white boy amateur rappers, try and do terrible super low pig squals and do nothing but walk back and forth on stage fixing their hat and pants, while the sale palm muted pattern is occasionally interrupted by a pinch harmonic or triplet, and the only possibly talented member of the band is the drummer but hes so stoned he doesnt even know how bad the music is.

All Shall Perish is incredible, I didnt read the rest of the thread cuz I want to go back to drinking.

"Black metal hearts drown in black water parks"
www.maplifiers.com
Unread 01-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #92
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashensteiN View Post
I cant stand the bands that dress like theyre a bunch of wanna be white boy amateur rappers, try and do terrible super low pig squals and do nothing but walk back and forth on stage fixing their hat and pants, while the sale palm muted pattern is occasionally interrupted by a pinch harmonic or triplet, and the only possibly talented member of the band is the drummer but hes so stoned he doesnt even know how bad the music is.

All Shall Perish is incredible, I didnt read the rest of the thread cuz I want to go back to drinking.
" didnt read the rest of the thread cuz I want to go back to drinking"
That made my day
Unread 01-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #93
SS.org Regular

Piro is a jewel in the rough
I hate deathcore because they care more about their image then their damn music. Only Deathcore band I will ever listen to is Whitechapel. I don't even count them as deathcore because they actually try to write good stuff.
Unread 01-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #94
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So, to summarize the last ten pages:
1) Shitty quarter time breakdowns constituting 7/8ths of the song
2) Gay poser haircuts/clothing
3) Shitty vocalists
4) ....ing gay band names that are either complete sentences or prepositional phrases

thats what does it in for me. If the music were good i could care less about the haircuts and shitty clothes. But the vocalists always ruin it, and if they don't, the shitty Obligatory Breakdown does.
Unread 01-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #95
Random Fingers

7StringedBeast is a jewel in the rough
5) F***** gay kids who like to "hardcore dance"

Consequence:
Unread 01-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #96
SS's Only Dick Butt

metaljohn is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7StringedBeast View Post
5) F***** gay kids who like to "hardcore dance"

Consequence:

This is the shit I can't stand. 300 lb. dudes picking on people smaller than them at shows, simply because they are "hardcore dancing". Especially if they are in the middle of the pit, not bothering anyone. It's all moshing, just in different forms (because they came from different types of music).

People should be watching out for each other at shows. They shouldn't be fighting over superficial differences in music taste, how they look, mosh etc. It's pathetic.

edit: As far as the music goes, there are bands I like, and bands I don't. This goes for every genre.

Incidentally, did you know that every pope since 1054 has actually been two badgers one on top of the others shoulders? This is my opinion, but I'm on the internet so I'm stating it as fact... - MR. S

And there's always bum fights out there. Especially involving "wheels", the guy with no legs who holds the sign "give me money or I'll kick you in the face" or the ever popular "will dance for money". - Ibz rg
Unread 01-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #97
SS.org Regular

Scootman1911 is a jewel in the rough
I hate hardcore dancers because they just stand in the middle of the where the pit should be kicking around making it impossible to mosh without getting kicked in the face.

July 28, 1943 - Sept. 15, 2008
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Unread 01-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #98
Needs moar Gear.....

that was hella funny

i wonder what the next metal trend will be? breakdowncore?
Unread 01-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #99
SS.org Regular

Piro is a jewel in the rough
Hardcore dancing = metal equivalent of down syndrome
Unread 01-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #100
Needs moar Gear.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piro View Post
Hardcore dancing = metal equivalent of down syndrome
WIN!: lol:
Closed Thread