homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #251
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This thread went from kind of interesting to suckfest
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-13-2009, 02:47 AM   #252
Loathes emulation...

CynicEidolon is just really niceCynicEidolon is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
This thread went from kind of interesting to suckfest

All it need was a push from one special Canadian!

...I kid.

My faith is sound and sound is my faith.

BREA http://www.breaband.com
Post-metal/Ambient/Stoner-Rock
(Isis, Jesu, Mastodon, Intronaut, Textures, Rosetta)

Artisan Studio
www.facebook.com/artisanstudio
Unread 03-13-2009, 02:49 AM   #253
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Quote:
It's not really that deathcore is a new genre though, it's existed since the late 90s at the least.
well I guess there was Suffocation and Dying Fetus, but they are heavy on the death, light on the core. I don't mind either band at all.

Burning Skies from the UK are the only instance I can think of where they literally blend death metal and hardcore. I like them too.

Quote:
wow your cool
learn to spell, thanks.

Quote:
Now you're just making things up.
nah not really, a lot of people regard Ion Dissonance as grindcore.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 03-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #254
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttural View Post
Ion Dissonance grindcore? lolwut? myspace.com/yacopsae

stop misusing the name doods
I have to agree with him, dude... It may have elements from other genres or concepts, but i consider them to have a pretty hefty grindcore influence too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolisher View Post
Hardcore is a broad genre. Deathcore is okay its just very unoriginal. I feel like ranting about my local scene so here goes(in order), I laugh directly at the bands coming out now trying to be metallica and getting nowhere except local gigs. 30, 40 year old guys who think they are the shit for doing maiden covers, but everyone just hates them and wishes they would get off the stage and go back to the 80's and suck dio's cock. So funny how they have their 6 or 7 friends with the airbrushed band logo on their shirts futily trying to make it seem like people want to hear some really shitty music from a band with a stupid name. Then they try to sell their cd with the shittiest album artwork I have ever seen for like 15 dollars, If i wanted to listen to nails being scraped across a guitar while some guy sings poorly and off key I would get a dragonforce cd or some shit.

And then thrash bands who think EVERYTHING IS ONE BIG PARTY WOOOOOOH, go surf on some pizza or something and get out of my face. Wasting my time at a show, this is why I come late so I dont have to see your shitty band throw boogie boards into the crowd. Last time I checked pool toys go in a pool, not in a shitty circle pit nuff said.

And then the deathcore bands come on, hold up let me make sure I run into the 'pit' so I can get punched in the face, alright im in start the intro! let me guess chromatic riff breakdown open power chord sloweeeeer breakdown. IM ....IN PSYCIC! and there goes my nose as someones foot connects with my face, thanks 'CORPSES INSUFFULATED'(made that up).BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And the death metal bands who are 'staying true to the scene!' who the .... are you kidding? every single local death metal band sounds exactly the ....ing same and all the songs sound EXACTLY THE ....ING SAME, last time I checked this was unoriginality at its finest, and no I won't buy your cd becuase the riff you repeat over and over again happens to suck, thus ruining your band for everyone.

but through the misty, overbearing void of shit, gems pop up who have originality and do something new and charter territory unknown, but unfortunatly for every one of these there are 100 more anthrax cover bands.

....in music. I'm going to go listen to my world music now.
I appreciate the rant
Unread 03-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #255
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
deathcore masquerades as death metal... it's nothing more than nu-metal's fugly cousin... i get so tired of hearing what seems to be a SWEET song that just ends up being 2 or three pretty sweet kinda thrashy (or even some sweet black metal style trem picking) that's perforated w/ a bunch of lame simplistic triplet breakdowns and some guy doing the same sweep over and over and over and over, over top of it...

Quote:
What I really hate the most is the breakdown of genre's. I mean I had no idea until this thread that ASP was considered deathcore. I also had no idea wtf deathcore was.

All in all, I don't care. If I like what I hear, I don't stop to think what genre the band is "classified" as and don't care. Plain and simple.

I've heard bands with similar style to ASP and basically didn't like them.

At least I'm not surprised as I was when I found out Lamb of God was considered "metalcore." I mean, wtf? Just because they have breakdowns in some of their songs?

/rant.
yea... i don't really fully understand the genre classifications either... i've just come to realize that the majority of the bands considered "deathcore" don't make my ears happy... i want to like it until i hear a 15 min breakdown... anyone can play triplets 30 seconds apart from each other all day long... that's just shamelessly lazy...

Last edited by Konfyouzd; 03-27-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 03-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #256
ss.org Regular

King213 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I didnt read the whole thread, but I agree with whats already been posted. Lame, boring, all sounds the same, no soul, no integrity, uninspired, gay image, etc etc
Unread 03-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #257
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^Yep. This thing needs to be closed.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Unread 03-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #258
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have no idea what makes something qualify as 'deathcore' as opposed to 'death' or whatever-the-....-core, despite my roommates hundreds of attempts to explain it to me while playing examples from his CD collection.

That being said, I don't like what I've heard described as 'deathcore' (much as I don't like what I've heard desribed as ANY other word that ends in 'core' other than the original term 'hardcore'...) because I have yet to hear a single recording described as such that has a single ounce of anything fresh/exciting/original/new to it. My roomate has played me easily 200 various "(insert a word here)core" CDs, and regardless of what sub-genre they're supposed to be, they all sound like they're trying way too hard to sound exactly like each other. Honestly, I don't know how people can attend a concert like Ozzfest without being mindnumbingly bored after the first 2-3 hours of (3 power chords + random screaming).......

I also can't stand 99.9% of metal vocalists. That's a BIG issue for me. Of the 1 in 200 some odd 'whatever-core' songs that I might be able to enjoy based on the riffs, the vocals ruin it for me immediately. To me, they tend to sound like some 7 foot tall 400 pound guy is recording them while sitting on the toilet trying his damndest to pass a constipated shit (think Anal Blast, for instance..). When I hear their voices and I close my eyes, I can just SEE the vein on his forehead ready to burst from the strain of trying to pass that shit.

It's just a personal taste thing. I get why other people like it, () but I sure don't...
Unread 03-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #259
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
^ what this guy said... and as for the vocals they either sound like what he said or a ....in' ptaradactyl (sp?)
Unread 03-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #260
SS's Only Dick Butt

metaljohn is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
^Yep. This thing needs to be closed.
I agree, it's just gotten downright retarded.

I mean, c'mon, I actually got neg repped for being a "hardcore dancing bitch"? I think it's time to grow up.

Incidentally, did you know that every pope since 1054 has actually been two badgers one on top of the others shoulders? This is my opinion, but I'm on the internet so I'm stating it as fact... - MR. S

And there's always bum fights out there. Especially involving "wheels", the guy with no legs who holds the sign "give me money or I'll kick you in the face" or the ever popular "will dance for money". - Ibz rg
Unread 03-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #261
Dread-I Master

hehe... i think that's the lamest thing i've ever heard... smite the bastard...
Unread 03-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #262
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
The neg-repper was one of the usual suspects who's since been dealt with. The thread stays open, it might be going around in circles but if I close it it just mean's we'll have a new one every other day, so we might as well contain all the drama to one place.
Unread 03-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #263
Geek-chic

liamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to beholdliamh is a splendid one to behold
Haha, wow this thread is funny..
Unread 03-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #264
Dread-I Master

it was...
Unread 03-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #265
surrounded by chairs

groph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud of
then it hit a breakdown and started to suck.

ba-doom pshh
Unread 03-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #266
Banned

ugmung has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecaster90 View Post
What he said.

Honestly, the music is just mixing Cannibal Corpse riffs and the worst part of about hardcore. If they mixed death metal in the style of let's say Death or Morbid Angel or Necrophagist with hardcore, then that'd be cool
no. they'd find a way to .... it up.
Unread 03-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #267
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
^
Unread 03-31-2009, 08:35 AM   #268
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by groph View Post
then it hit a breakdown and started to suck.

ba-doom pshh
Shazzam!

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 04-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #269
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttural View Post
Ion Dissonance grindcore? lolwut? myspace.com/yacopsae

stop misusing the name doods
Holy shit, your band is actually awesome enough for you to actually say that

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
Unread 04-15-2009, 01:45 AM   #270
ss.org Regular

spencoed will become famous soon enough
i have met alot of bands like these and they are pretty much summed up in a short definition
self centered pretty boys who's greatest musical achievement was stumbling upon a harmonic minor riff and pulling off a shitty sweep. i give credit where it is deserved and i must applaud there hair stylist and make up crew lol, seeing as thats the only talent put into their work
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #271
Banned

∆xitosus has a spectacular aura about
breakdowns are rarely good in my opinion, but my band actually has a surprising amount...ooh geez we may be going deathcore

i actually made one of those breakdown videos, but i tried to stay as far away from deathcore as I could. I included The Ocean, Gojira, Meshuggah and Opeth.

pig squealing sounds good in moderation, and if done right
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #272
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm fairly picky on the scream vocals I'll listen to and pig squeals or necrophagist type vocals are unbearable for my ears.

It really sucks too because most of the time I'll hear a guitar part or something be like OOH that sounds interesting then the singer goes at it and

no.
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #273
meh

jimmyshred is a jewel in the rough
If the vocals are shit they tend to put you off everything.
For me, the whole band has to interest me if I am actually going to listen to them.
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #274
Alpha Incipient

WhitechapelCS is a jewel in the rough
Ill try and sum this up the best I can from my point of veiw.
but Im half asleep this morning so bare with me if I dont get it all.
I've defended deathcore in other threads, and I will here.

First; Its been explained countless times over and over that the newer styles and scenester fags who DO in fact jump on the band-wagen is whats ruining it for everyone else. I play in a deathcore band, and we in fact dont write all of our songs on a C-Minor scale to sound like As I lay Crying and label ourselves "Death Metal"
It pisses me off when I see a band have one intro riff thats good, with a trem pick riff following and a breakdown that gets generally slower and lasts WAY to goddamn long so everyone else goes "...okay...anytime you would like to stop now...". My band actually writes riffs on phrygian scales and Harmonic minors with string skippings and etc, all the little goodies we like to throw in there. However, we do love to put breakdowns in because they get the crowd amped and its fun to lose your mind while being up on stage. Just sitting in one spot, riffing for 25 minutes and bobbing your head a little...Wheres the fun in that? Just my two cents.

But as Ive seen people say in this thread, ALL deathcore band members just started playing and its a shitty bi-product? Who are you to say? Thats like saying some guys who THINK they can shred start a shitty band (necrosquatch, anyone?) and say that they sound and/or influenced by nile or Necrophagist but they actually are nothing like those bands are shitty, so that automatically makes you shitty? No. It doesnt. Your probably a really good musician, etc, and I would never label you shitty or uncreative.
I grew up listening to classical, any musical style really, and as far as metal, anything I feel like at the time. I've just found that Deathcore and hardcore, hardcore punk, thrash, Death Metal, etc is my favorite. That doesnt mean Im uncreative, or a shitty bi-product of what once was. I listen to classical guitarists aswell as anything else, (Save for Yngwie Malmsteen...or however you spell it. I honestly cant stand him for some reason =\) but I play to MY own styling. I would never conform to make a complete death metal band where I wouldnt have fun playing in it. Neither should you, if you dont like deathcore. I still enjoy Death metal...but only some of it. Same for Deathcore. So before you go judging and thinking all of us are the same, please take a listen and ask someone who actually gives a shit about music other than some kid who picked up a guitar a year ago and knows breakdowns and a few C-Scale trem pick riffs.
Unread 04-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #275
WTFCAKES

omgmjgg is a glorious beacon of lightomgmjgg is a glorious beacon of lightomgmjgg is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I just really think why MOST or a majority of people that dislike deathcore is mainly because that is what you hear EVERYWHERE in underground metal pretty much. Every venue has their share of them, and so does every bill that any band plays on. There is always some type of deathcore. I personally do not like deathcore. I could just never really get into however i have heard a few guitarst that play in deathcore that are very good and talented.

So I guess you just have to take it in bits and pieces., and the good with the bad. I've learned to just live with the fact that there a tons of the sterotypical deathcore band's. If thats what they are having fun playing then i'd say just let htem continue it
Closed Thread