homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree1680Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #1476
Dr Djodson

xCaptainx is a name known to allxCaptainx is a name known to allxCaptainx is a name known to allxCaptainx is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't be suprised if you see them pick a close friend, or someone from an already established band with touring experience. Wouldn't make sense to pick someone fairly 'green'
xCaptainx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #1477
SS.org Regular

Ninetyfour has a spectacular aura about
> Know theory
> Experience of touring

AJ Minette!

Probably won't happen, but still a lot of respect for this band has just gone right out the window.
Randy likes this.
Ninetyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #1478
Bring the gain

MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaReaper View Post
you think anybody in born of osiris knows music theory??
To an extent, but I guess theory was the wrong word. He lacks the ability to do anything but super fast picking.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #1479
Need more gain

Lukifer is a name known to allLukifer is a name known to allLukifer is a name known to allLukifer is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
To an extent, but I guess theory was the wrong word. He lacks the ability to do anything but super fast picking.
Like write good material that is BoO. Not what he thinks sounds good but what the whole band would say, yeah that is a good BoO song.

I still dig there music, and there are always sides to stories that we will never know. Jason could be on his high horse and trying to make the other guys sound really bad because he got kicked out. Like saying the girl who dumped you was a lying cheating bitch, even though your just mad she dumped you.
Lukifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #1480
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawnacrol View Post
Was he the guy who used to always post World Record Picking videos?

Travis Montgomery would be a great replacement. He has a lot of touring experience and already has Jason's solos down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
Yeah, but it's a matter of Travis quitting Threat Signal, or at least trying to juggle two touring bands.

And I strongly disagree with Cam being an option. He's a cool guy and all, but he isn't BOO material. He's fast, but lacks theory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLG View Post
travis is definitely a better pick than the shreddy youtube guy.

BoO probably does much better than Threat Signal, but I imagine it would be hard to leave your baby to play someone else's music as a hired gun essentially.
You guys not wondered why he's been playing a lot of BoO stuff recently

The guys in BoO have already made a decision pretty much as to who they want to audition from what i can gather. Cam's a nice dude but i dont think he would get the job.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #1481
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCaptainx View Post
I doubt BOO will pick a youtube bedroom guitar warrior.
lol thats how jason got into All shall perish, and in turn BOO

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #1482
Need more gain

Lukifer is a name known to allLukifer is a name known to allLukifer is a name known to allLukifer is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalwizard View Post
lol thats how jason got into All shall perish, and in turn BOO
and dont forget now Chelsea Grin woop woop!!! HAHAHA
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #1483
Dr Djodson

xCaptainx is a name known to allxCaptainx is a name known to allxCaptainx is a name known to allxCaptainx is a name known to all
I doubt Jason got into ASP on the back of a youtube video audition alone.

I've done a full time band with months of touring australia/south east asia. Bedroom warrior theory and amazing youtube videos don't mean much when you're sleeping head to tail in the same van for weeks at a time, haha and sharing more time with them in a given year than your family and wife. You need to gel with everyone on a personal level well before worrying about if they can do a certain appeggio or not, haha.

Various ASP interviews stated... *edit* actually the interview stated he would be better suited for BOO as they are 'all 18 and like to do drugs' so who knows what that really means. I shouldn't really comment either way

That being said, BOO are an amazing band and Jason is a brilliant young guitarist. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they both move on to. I'm like Chelsea Grin and I cant wait to see what Jason can do with them.
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #1484
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
You guys not wondered why he's been playing a lot of BoO stuff recently

The guys in BoO have already made a decision pretty much as to who they want to audition from what i can gather. Cam's a nice dude but i dont think he would get the job.
I hope it isn't Travis; I like Threat Signal way more than BoO

Love Charity Esteem
wannabguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #1485
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCaptainx View Post
I doubt Jason got into ASP on the back of a youtube video audition alone.
he was 17 years old, had never toured before, and lived on the other side of the country when he joined asp.
i remember following it pretty closely, and at the time no one was stepping up on playing chris's solo's haha.

and of the 3 times i have met him, he was unsober 2 of the times

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabguitarist View Post
I hope it isn't Travis; I like Threat Signal way more than BoO
i am speculating so hard haha, like a boo cover everyday

Check out my band

My youtube

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Unread 01-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #1486
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
he was 17 years old, had never toured before, and lived on the other side of the country when he joined asp.
i remember following it pretty closely, and at the time no one was stepping up on playing chris's solo's haha.

and of the 3 times i have met him, he was unsober 2 of the times

i am speculating so hard haha, like a boo cover everyday
Damn he is good enough for the spot though.

And I read somewhere that Jason was sponsored by a vaporizer company? That's pretty awesome

Love Charity Esteem
wannabguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #1487
Dr Djodson

Quote:
I stand corrected then! Interesting though, I definitely wouldn't pick someone so young and inexperienced with touring. Mind you, I can see the difficulty they had; who on earth could have played Chris's guitar parts?!?
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #1488
SS.org Regular

Sikthness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
That's too bad if he was because the only part of BOO I really enjoyed was the solos with the neat phrasing, otherwise there's a bit too much 0-0-0-000-00-00000 for me.

Gotta agree here. Honestly I really like BOO, always have. And I like the Disovery. But since they switched to 7 strings the riffs have regressed from AHP, and thats not good. All chugs, with some awesome lead work here and there. Hopefully they can find a good replacement.
Sikthness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #1489
SS.org Regular

TravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud of
Yes....it is no secret now that I've been auditioning for BOO :P. I have just as good of a chance as anyone else of being the new guitarist, so I'm just going to continue making cover videos, and I'll see what happens!
TravisMontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #1490
Dr Djodson

Good luck man! you videos are killer, looking forward to seeing the outcome!
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #1491
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisMontgomery View Post
Yes....it is no secret now that I've been auditioning for BOO :P. I have just as good of a chance as anyone else of being the new guitarist, so I'm just going to continue making cover videos, and I'll see what happens!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't quit Threat Signal.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #1492
Need more gain

Travis your a hell of a player, so good luck to you bro. BoO need a solid dude so if you can fill that spot you have my vote. Not that my vote matters!! But hey if u make it and I come see u live don't forget me! Anyways, you have the chops so best of luck.
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #1493
The Decepticon

Triple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't quit Threat Signal.
dreamermind likes this.

For some sweet progressive/grunge/metal, check out my band:
www.facebook.com/wearenihilistcrane

Our debut ep will be available April 1st!

For all my solo stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/brianharrigan
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #1494
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
If Travis joins BoO, I'm auditioning for Threat Signal.
Levi79 likes this.

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #1495
7slinger

Lorcan Ward is a splendid one to beholdLorcan Ward is a splendid one to beholdLorcan Ward is a splendid one to beholdLorcan Ward is a splendid one to beholdLorcan Ward is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisMontgomery View Post
Good luck with it dude!!!!! What other covers you got planned?
Lorcan Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #1496
SS.org Regular

TravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawnacrol View Post
Good luck with it dude!!!!! What other covers you got planned?
I'm going to be learning a bunch of songs from their latest setlist that was posted in this thread a while back. I'm thinking of doing "Empires Erased" or "Open Arms To Damnation" next.
TravisMontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #1497
Pretty Your Petunia

mmm travis in boo would be amazing!!!

Ps offtopic, i found a flyer for a threat signal show in idaho in some pants of mine the other day. totally missed you guys

Check out my band

My youtube

Unread 01-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #1498
Go meat!

littledoc is a glorious beacon of lightlittledoc is a glorious beacon of lightlittledoc is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If Travis leaves Threat Signal, I'm totally auditioning... for the tambourine spot.

Youtube seems to be the way lots of guys are getting... uh, discovered. No pun intended. Nevermore found Attila Voros there. I'd imagine that when you start playing material of the uber-shred variety, you don't have too many options since so few guitarists can actually play covers at that level, much less compose at that level. So you gotta go wherever you can find 'em.
littledoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #1499
SS.org Regular

Blind Theory is just really niceBlind Theory is just really nice
I like BoO's older stuff. I'd probably like the Discovery if I ever listened to it. Jason is pretty damn impressive too. I remember watching his videos after finding out ASP took him in. To be able to play Chris's solos, especially at such a young age, is ridiculous to say the least. Although, and I am thinking this because he is my number one idol guitar wise, it would be kind of funny if the guy Jason replaced in ASP replaced him in BoO....just think, Born of Osiris with Chris mother....in' Storey. Shit would be intense!
Blind Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #1500
Chris

Zelos45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Chelsea grin is quite literally the most generic deathcore band...ever.
Honestly, it's a huge downgrade. Jason is an insane shredder and seems like a good dude... No idea why he'd pick Chelsea Grin of all bands. The only people I know who like Chelsea Grin are my old band's vocalist and drummer and their friends, and all they did was listen to Chelsea Grin and smoke pot all day.

I think BOO will be fine without him though, they just need to find a guy of his caliber (Lee is still there!). I still can't believe he'd join a shitty band like CG though.

EDIT: Just read the thing Jason posted and that really ....ing sucks that BOO would kick out such a talented dude because he didn't agree with their drug/alcohol use. Really shitty situation.
Zelos45 is offline   Reply With Quote