homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-11-2008, 02:24 AM   #1
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electric Wizard anyone?

i just got witchcult today and holy shit!
why did no one tell me about these guys!?
its like if sabbath tuned down and smoked weed all the time.
and yes, its a good thing, not that im ragging on sabbath, i love sabbath.
but man, im impressed.
so far i've only got the one album, can anyone recommend me some good ones to buy?

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-11-2008, 03:01 AM   #2
Army Without A Flag

All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.
Also check out 'Sleep'.

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_Ľour_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 03:01 AM   #3
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Ľour_Bass View Post
Also check out 'Sleep'.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
thanks guys, will do

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 09-11-2008, 04:02 AM   #5
SS Contributor

elrrek is a jewel in the rough
I only have sparse pieces of Electric Wizard but I would recommend the album before "Witchcult" called "We Live". If you can find it the EP "Supercoven" is a bit of a blast and it's generally considered that the "Dopethrone" record is their definitive work.

If you want to check out similar acts then Sleep is a very good recommendation, the bands following Sleep, High On Fire (very metal but still doom) and Om (very hippy) are worth looking into and the earlier and later works by Cathedral might be to your taste.

For further doom adventures you should pop over to D.F.F.D - Doom Forever Forever Doomed.
elrrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #6
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Dopethrone and We Live are indeed (their) masterpieces. "Funeralopolis" is such a monumental song!

EDIT: when you check out SLEEP - get the DOEPSMOKER record.
Unread 09-11-2008, 07:29 AM   #7
plays in 69/42

thanks heaps guys

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 09-13-2008, 12:32 AM   #8
ss.org Regular

TheAceOfSpades1 will become famous soon enough
You must get their self-titled "Electric Wizard", "Come My Fanatics..." and "Dopethrone". Those albums will crush you. I love them all, but Withcult isn't really that crushingly heavy compared to the other ones.
TheAceOfSpades1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 03:19 AM   #9
Trippin' balls

Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Actually I did tell you about these guys. Nobody posted in the thread I made (a long ass time ago).

I ordered the special edition of the Witchcraft album from Europe. It's an awesome album and a tie for my fav from them (the other being "Come my fanatics").

When you get CMF make sure you get the one with the bonus songs (Demon lung being one of them).

Too much blood in my alcohol system
Kotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 03:45 AM   #10
plays in 69/42

^ dam i must have missed that thread!
thanks heaps though mate

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 09-16-2008, 04:16 AM   #11
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAceOfSpades1 View Post
You must get their self-titled "Electric Wizard", "Come My Fanatics..." and "Dopethrone". Those albums will crush you. I love them all, but Withcult isn't really that crushingly heavy compared to the other ones.
+1. These are the essential Electric Wizard albums, Come My Fanatics is a personal favourite. They were awesome when they toured in 200...5? too. Hopefully the Pod People lads decide to bring them back.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 05:23 AM   #12
Banned

Josh Lawson has much to be proud ofJosh Lawson has much to be proud ofJosh Lawson has much to be proud ofJosh Lawson has much to be proud ofJosh Lawson has much to be proud ofJosh Lawson has much to be proud of
Don't forget Stonerrock kings:

Essential Sabbath worship.
Josh Lawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #13
Trippin' balls

Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I made a thread about those dudes too.
Awesome band also though. The new album "Gods of the Earth" is awesome. A little bit faster than the last one too.

Edit: I think like twice a year one of these doom metal threads get made and the same 5 people hella' meet up and talk about it for a bit

Too much blood in my alcohol system
Kotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #14
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

everyone who likes the wizard should check out these guys:

MySpace.com - Toner Low - Leiden, NL - Psychedelic / Rock / Metal - www.myspace.com/tonerlowstonerdoom