homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #26
Metal Teddy Bear

auxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
auxioluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #27
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalex View Post
Metallica ?? whats that?

I dont know of any band named Metallica anymore.. you mean Faggotallica? Yeah the last album they did was the black album after that they disappeared..
the black album? ha! those guys never released anything after AJFA.

[/fans from before 1988]

the black album? man, that was a sweet album, but it sure went downhill after that.

[/fans from before 1995]

the black album? eh, it had some hits, but nothing like 2x4!

[/fans from before 1997]

...ad nauseum...

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #28
The Viking himself

stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What do you do if you didn't start listening to them until 1999, and still think everything after AJFA was pretty dire?

Oh and ULTIMATE kudos on the Egon avatar
stuh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #29

Petef2007 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone think mustaine looked at the st anger cover and this cover and had himself a quiet chuckle?

Truth.Integrity.Strength.
Petef2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #30
E♭M7(♭5)

TheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to allTheHandOfStone is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petef2007 View Post
Anyone think mustaine looked at the st anger cover and this cover and had himself a quiet chuckle?
Knowing him, he'd be more likely to go off on a tirade and complain about his talent being neglected. But yeah, maybe he did.

"Food to help some wolf that eats your ass generate enough sperm to impregnate their mate. Right there.... boom. Your energy was literally used to create a baby wolf...so in some way you are apart of the wolf.
Non of this 'ima come back as a mighty shark and rule the sea or some shit' just death as we know it. You and all your youness totally gone. But your death is totally required for the rest of existence to thrive."
-BadStarWanderer on reincarnation
TheHandOfStone is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #31
AU director / RHLC ©

cow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHandOfStone View Post
Knowing him, he'd be more likely to go off on a tirade and complain about his talent being neglected. But yeah, maybe he did.
or how kirk has ripped of every solos of his
meh,i dont mind the angry vagina as there cover it looks good

do you have a fetish for reverse heads stocks?,do you find your self sweating or drooling over the site of a reverse head stock? if the answer is yes then i can help with therapy and rehab.join RHLC to feel normal again.....first consult free,normal rates apply after..LOL

Rock The Fuck Out
..DAN/CYBERSYN

NOS tube freak

MESA OWNERS CLUB MEMBER..R-014XXX
cow 7 sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #32
Resident Gangsta

GH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud ofGH0STrider has much to be proud of
Is it bad that when I see or hear the name Metallica I instantly associate it with no longer giving a shit?
GH0STrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #33

daybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^ +1

"Most of the time we're just typing random nonsense and then responding to it with even more nonsense." - Desecrated

Son of Jor-El
daybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #34
ss.org Regular

TheAceOfSpades1 will become famous soon enough
I don't think it's all that bad. I was expecting much worse.
TheAceOfSpades1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #35
ERG Drummer!

MerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydefrog View Post
Am I looking at a gray angular vagina?
Oh God... that's all I'll ever be able to see now....
MerlinTKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #36
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
You ask where it all went wrong?

Absolutely

That was my first thought when I read the thread title.
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #37
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0STrider View Post
Is it bad that when I see or hear the name Metallica I instantly associate it with no longer giving a shit?
That's exactly how I feel.
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 05:31 AM   #38
Stranger

Thomas is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Thomas is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Thomas is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Thomas is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Thomas is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Thomas is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Thomas is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Well, the Black Album was my first Metallica album, I was only 10 or 11 years old when I received it, after having heard Wherever I May Roam on the radio. I still enjoy to the album, especially that particular song. I did not get to hear earlier Metallica (Kill 'Em All - AJFA) until many years later when I got access to the intertubes.

Bash it all you want, I still think it's a pretty crotch-rocking album.

Don't tell me what I can't do.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 05:49 AM   #39
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
damn, the artwork looks like a hairy grave-vagina or something...

it will suck, but i am an idiot, therefor i'll buy it, give it a listen, laugh at it, curse it, put it in the shelf. then turning on MOP.

"NAPSTER! NAPSTER! Where's the cash that i've been after?"
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 05:55 AM   #40
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hmm, I wouldn't say it's a terrible album cover, okay stupidly literal but eh I don't care about the album cover, I'm more interested in hearing the album I mean I hope its good but um... I'm definitely not holding out much hope.

Knights that say
Mr. S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 05:56 AM   #41
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
That's ....ing stupid looking.

Although, I welcome the return of the old logo. The St. Anger logo was incredibly stupid looking.
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 06:06 AM   #42
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
hm.

meh.

Rock on!
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #43
APEX

Esp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petef2007 View Post

I doubt it

Esp Griffyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #44
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Perhaps the band will slowly sink into that gray coffin and let Metallica die already, like they should have a few albums back....
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #45
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
A promo picture from the new album has been released. Bob Rock becomes band frontman -- official statement from the band to be announced soon.

That's mildly funny, except for Trujillo being in there. Yeah, I know he boarded the sinking Metallica boat by choice, but he's still the F'ing man! I still say him and Broderick (languinshing on the set of the Megadave show) need to just get together and record and album and screw these lost metal souls.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #46
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Um.... It looks like it's shaped like a tall rectangle. Last I checked, CD cases were more square.
Perhaps this is the cover for the box set?

And honestly, I don't care what's on the cover... They're using the old logo
I'll say it again... If this was a Meshuggah cover, people would be creaming their jeans and talking about how Meshuggah's symbolism is great blah blah blah.

Metallica's stigma ruins it... And Metallica ruined their own image, so it's their fault.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #47
SS.org Regular

stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissing View Post
Metallica's stigma ruins it... And Metallica ruined their own image, so it's their fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
With each project, we go through a grueling creative process to achieve music that we feel is representative of Metallica at that very moment in our lives.
They must have had a collective low point around the time of "St. Anger".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
We take our craft -- whether it be the music, the lyrics, or the photos and artwork -- very seriously, as do most artists. It is therefore sickening to know that our art is being traded like a commodity rather than the art that it is.
Newsflash - art is a commodity...

And the royalties they're paying David Bowie for the "Leper Messiah" line must be killing them...

Source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Stone
3. Metallica
$43.1 MILLION

ON THE ROAD The band's Madly in Anger With the World Tour was the fourth-biggest in North America last year.

ON CD The members of Metallica don't need to lift a finger, or bang a head, to earn million-dollar-plus salaries. Credit goes to a shrewd mid-1990s renegotiation with Elektra Records by the band's management company and consistent sales for catalog albums. Metallica perennials the Black Album and Master of Puppets helped the band sell 1.4 million units from catalog alone in 2004. They earn close to three dollars for each CD -- which might help explain their aversion to file-trading.

ON THE SIDE Metallica haven't yet eked out a profit from the theatrical and DVD release of their soul-baring documentary, Some Kind of Monster, which they co-own with its directors. But it can't hurt their financial picture that they finally canned the $40,000-a-month therapist seen in the film.
(My emphasis).

Link.

Sorry. Went on a bit of a Lars-bash there. But it's just too easy...
stuz719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #48

Tiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalex View Post
I dont know of any band named Metallica anymore.. you mean Faggotallica? Yeah the last album they did was the black album after that they disappeared..
Lots of poetic grace there.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 11:55 PM   #49
SS Contributor

Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
ha ha!
Ancestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #50
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp Griffyn View Post

I doubt it

Yeah.... that one is pretty bad as well, I actually like I like the new Metallica cover better than that one.
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote