homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

Wolfster is just really niceWolfster is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is it just me or do people on the meshuggah forum seem really negative?

This may seem a tad bitchy and what not, but im not trying to draw comparisons and say sevenstring.org is better etc, neither am i slating the meshuggah forum. But in my experience when ive posted new music up or links people on that forum have been nothing but arseholes and been totally negative. I mean if your not going to say something productive why bother saying anything at all.
Is it just me or have other people experienced this?
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
The Viking himself

stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You have to understand, over there its going to be a high quantity of people who view Meshuggah as their favourite band, and some will expect nothing but Meshuggah clones.

Over here, you have people listening to pretty much anything, as this place isn't limited to fans of a certain band, so there are likely to more people like your music than dont. Also, most people on here are pretty laid back and if they don't like your music, they'll just look at another thread.
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Well thats interesting because some of the guys always seem to call stuff i post really derivative and just copying meshuggah sikth dillinger etc. so it cant be that they are just expecting to hear meshuggah clones. dont get it
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
The Viking himself

stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Yeah, but they still worship the bands which clone Meshuggah , because its not a clone, they wont like it, hell they'd probably say my stuff copies Meshuggah and its nowhere near, yet if I became the next Coprofago they'd be all over it.

At the end of the day though, I wouldn't worry about it, its only one forum, about 3 or 4 people on it at that. The Meshuggah forum is one of the slowest moving forums too, used to be pretty vibrant over there but thats about 5 years ago.
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
ERG Drummer!

MerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuh84 View Post
You have to understand, over there its going to be a high quantity of people who view Meshuggah as their favourite band, and some will expect nothing but Meshuggah clones.

Over here, you have people listening to pretty much anything, as this place isn't limited to fans of a certain band, so there are likely to more people like your music than dont. Also, most people on here are pretty laid back and if they don't like your music, they'll just look at another thread.
Exactly.

Plus, I've found the general attitude of this board to be welcoming and friendly. This is a reflection of the owner and moderators - well done, guys!

I'm still looking for a drumming forum with this kind of quality...
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have nothing good to say about this thread, and my morning coffee is half empty. Screw you all!

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
The Viking himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This thread's stupid, and my morning coffee is half empty. Screw you all!
You're half empty

Unread 06-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.

[action=Chris]is actually drinking tea, and the glass is almost full![/action]

Unread 06-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

[action=Chris]is actually drinking tea, and the glass is almost full![/action]
There's your problem, go get some coffee

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
metalguitarist.org

I gave up coffee for lent two years ago and have had maybe 10 cups total since then. Coffee makes me want to smoke. ;(

[action=Chris]has ruined this thread[/action]

Unread 06-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #11
The Viking himself

Take it to off topic

Unread 06-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
ss.org Regular

GuitarG2 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah, the Meshuggah forum is really negative. Most of them just bitch constantly about how crap they think Meshuggah are nowadays. In fact, half of the posts don't make any sense. When you try and post, I find you have no idea what the hell other people are on about. What's the general consensus? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!!???!?!???!?

OK, rant over.

I'm going to Iowa for an award. Then I'm appearing at Carnegie Hall, it's sold out. Then I'm sailing to France to be honored by the French government. I'd give it all up for one erection. Groucho Marx
Unread 06-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinTKD View Post
Exactly.

Plus, I've found the general attitude of this board to be welcoming and friendly.
As have I, and now i appreciate it more. If you check the meshuggah forum Ive posted a link in the other bands section, about If Fire Would Fall, read what they say if your interested.
Unread 06-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #14
AU director / RHLC

cow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of light
with the exception of the members that i know from this fine establishment that post on the mesh forum,i find the great majority to be a bunch of immature negative assholes who like nothing more than to flame and generally make one feel not welcome.

do you have a fetish for reverse heads stocks?,do you find your self sweating or drooling over the site of a reverse head stock? if the answer is yes then i can help with therapy and rehab.join RHLC to feel normal again.....first consult free,normal rates apply after..LOL

Rock The Fuck Out
..DAN/CYBERSYN

NOS tube freak

MESA OWNERS CLUB MEMBER..R-014XXX
Unread 06-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #15
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
I find it's the same with any band specific forum, you get a lot of asstards. I would rarely, if ever, visit the forums of even my favourite bands. Hell, even the brand specific guitar forums are full of jerks a lot of the time, I can't stand the Ibanez board for example.

But then again, I find it rare to ever, ever get a forum that comes close to how awesome this one is. You guys are the best.

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Unread 06-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #16
Smokestack Lightning

telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Unread 06-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #17
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

I don't think they are negative but maybe a bit close minded from time to time.

Unread 06-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #18
Sir Groove-A-Lot

Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yeah, and close-mindedness breeds negativity! I remember you complaining about this before Nik, just tell'em to .... off. You're music's good, very ....in good, it's only cos it's not br00tuhlz and tr00.

So, what did they say exactly? if u don't mind spilling...

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just a ....ing lunatic" - Stephen Fry

Recording. Mixing. Mastering. ReAmping. Editing
Unread 06-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #19

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
aww i love that forum, but i have been there forever since it was my very firstest!
Unread 06-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #20
ss.org Regular

FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
I find it's the same with any band specific forum, you get a lot of asstards. I would rarely, if ever, visit the forums of even my favourite bands. Hell, even the brand specific guitar forums are full of jerks a lot of the time, I can't stand the Ibanez board for example.

But then again, I find it rare to ever, ever get a forum that comes close to how awesome this one is. You guys are the best.
Ibanez board is eh alright, I just find the forum system they run to be a bit . Also like 3/5 words you write are censored whereas here I can say .... shit .......

When I went to the Mesh forum it seemed like the entire place was packed full of inside jokes everyone laughed at and I was just ?_?

Bulbinator posts there some bit though.
Unread 06-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #21
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortePenance View Post
Ibanez board is eh alright, I just find the forum system they run to be a bit . Also like 3/5 words you write are censored whereas here I can say .... shit .......

When I went to the Mesh forum it seemed like the entire place was packed full of inside jokes everyone laughed at and I was just ?_?

Bulbinator posts there some bit though.
The mesh forum definitely has an "in"-crowd, and it's to small to have groups. over here we have enough members to have different groupings.

Unread 06-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #22
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
there's definitely certain types of people who go to certain forums, like JCF is mainly 30+ year old dudes who grew up in the 80s and the ESP forum is teenage guys with some dudes over 20 who just like posting stupid shit all day. meshuggah's definitely a band who has a giant following of "anything but meshuggah sucks" mentality people, same deal with metallica, etc.

əBCAir
Unread 06-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
yeah, and close-mindedness breeds negativity! I remember you complaining about this before Nik, just tell'em to .... off. You're music's good, very ....in good, it's only cos it's not br00tuhlz and tr00.

So, what did they say exactly? if u don't mind spilling...
Just that the music was boring and that we were copying other bands too much.check the thread if your interested.(on the meshuggah forum i have already said where earlier in this thread)Dont get me wrong i dont mind constructive criticism, but their comments were just childish.

By the way Bulb if you read this and have read the thread i posted on the meshuggah forum, I think your music's awesome, was just using your style being influenced by meshuggah as an example to counter what the guys were saying.
Unread 06-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #24
The Viking himself

Yeah you are always going to get people like that everywhere, its the problem with metal sometimes, people hold stuff close to their heart, so unless its repeating what they already like, or is something that completely sideswipes them out of nowhere, they are going to complain, I'm guilty of it myself on occasion.

However, don't worry about it, every band gets the same thing from someone, you just have to take what they say with a pinch of salt, sometimes wonder if some things they have to say are valid (i.e. listen to your own music objectively and see if you can hear anything from any other bands they mentioned), but then get on with what you are doing.

There's enough people ragging on Metallica all the time, but it doesn't stop them selling out gigs on a regular basis, and still has people interested in them after 4 albums that many people do not care for. As long as you feel you are getting what you want across with the music, then that is what matters, and if people like it or not, then thats their problem, not yours
Unread 07-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #25
ss.org Regular

Louseman is headed in the right direction.
Quote:
No.

Quote:
Yeah, but they still worship the bands which clone Meshuggah , because its not a clone, they wont like it,
No no no no.
Closed Thread