homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #1
I is Smart

Aberak is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So Gigantour Was Ummm.....

Kinda ....ing lame, the sound dude should be ....ing fired. It sounded like shit, even Broderick's tone sounded shitty last night.
I don't know if it is because the tour just started, but every band seemed to have an off night, no one was on the same page.
I'm pretty bummed about it I was expecting a lot better.

You couldn't hear shit, I could barely tell what song was being played.
Aberak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
ss.org Regular

rcfreak7772000 will become famous soon enough
i didnt go this year, but last year i went to the show in columbus ohio, and the sound guy messed everything up there too

arch enemy had a pretty good sound, but opeth, peter's guitar wasnt even audible in the mix, and the bass was very low, so all u heard was mikael singing, playing rhythm and lead guitar over a drumkit :/

lamb of god, the mix was good, but they cranked the master volume down, and i couldn't hear anything over the crowd yelling :/

and i left b4 megadeth went on :P

blah, horrible
rcfreak7772000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberak View Post
Kinda ....ing lame, the sound dude should be ....ing fired. It sounded like shit, even Broderick's tone sounded shitty last night.
I don't know if it is because the tour just started, but every band seemed to have an off night, no one was on the same page.
I'm pretty bummed about it I was expecting a lot better.

You couldn't hear shit, I could barely tell what song was being played.
i could have told you that before you even went dude, it was a shit line up anyway

Confront and Destroy!
-7SoH
http://www.myspace.com/7stringsofhate
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
In Flames is part of a shit lineup?

I mean, I would have gone to see them and JFAC but that's all.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

TheAceOfSpades1 will become famous soon enough
I have some friends who are trying to convince me to go along with them but all I wanna see is High On Fire, JFAC, and Chris Broderick do some shred but I don't know if that's worth 50 bucks...especially if there's gonna be sound trouble.
TheAceOfSpades1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I saw Lamb of God once.

The sound was awful. I couldn't hear anything aside from white noise throughout the entire show.

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
In Flames is part of a shit lineup?

I mean, I would have gone to see them and JFAC but that's all.
these days? yea, i would

Confront and Destroy!
-7SoH
http://www.myspace.com/7stringsofhate
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #8
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
you think they wouldnt play any oldies and not put on a good show?

Rock on!
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
Et tu, Brute?

Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
How was High on Fire?
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Banned

MorbidTravis is just really niceMorbidTravis is just really nice
i went in 2006, and if you are on the floor, you wil ge ta face full of bass, and thats it, i couldnt hear opeth, i heard bass.
MorbidTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
I can haz title?

Eli14 is just really niceEli14 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
you think they wouldnt play any oldies and not put on a good show?
Apparently they've been playing more old stuff like Scorn, Graveland, and Jotun at recent shows. I know they did the first night.
Eli14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #12
Trippin' balls

Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrion View Post
How was High on Fire?
+2

Too much blood in my alcohol system
Kotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #13
Banned

Anthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud of
I'm going to Gigantour next week. Broderick's hooking me up with tickets
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #14
SS.org Regular

ChaNce is just really niceChaNce is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just got back from the Houston show, stood on the rail behind soundboard, right in the middle, ears right at the player's level. A few random thoughts:

Sound was pretty good, Megadeth was... weak sounding. Drums wern't crushing, bass was basically non-existent, couldn't really hear Dave sing or play. Chris sounded pretty good. Honestly, I think it is a function of these stupid auto-recall settings for each song, all controlled by a computer. There was a different soundguy for each band, as expected, and Megadeth's was pretty useless, weird little vocal surges, wrong guitar loud during solos.

On the other hand, In Flames and COB sounded heavy, COB was surprising, tight and "fun". JFAC was pretty killer.

Guitars: The ESPs in COB were sick, Alexi switched between a yellow and red sig, and the other guitarist had these really sick Random Star guitars, the best being a white one with a reverse headstock.

In Flames was playing a vintage LP Custom (sounded great, very thick without muddy) and something else. Don't remember.

Megadeth: Mustaine played all Dean sigs (at least prior to me leaving after Chris's "solo", more on that in a sec), and Chris played his Ibby custom 7. Just an amazing guitar, it is exactly what I would get (reverse headstock looks so good on those 7s).

I've read that the set tonite for MD was pretty typical: blocks of 3-4 songs with no break, 4-5 blocks per set. Chris's solo was at the start of the third block, in the middle of À tout le monde. I was excited, since I could see the setlist on the soundboard. Chris's solo was about 30 seconds, a bunch of 8 finger taps, and right back into the set. Bummer.

The one thing I noticed was how dated MD sounds now. Lots of chugging on one string, chords-on-the-downbeat choruses. A few songs stand out, like Hangar 18 (a masterpiece, especially during the traded solos at the end), but overall Megadeth now sounds like what it is: historically interesting but wholly uninspired now, more akin to a museum exhibit than an avant garde gallery. In Flames, COB, and JFAC bled up there, while Megadeth went through the motions. The only one who looked like he had something to prove was Chris, who by the way is GIGANTIC in person. Just a force on stage. Also, I hate the "rule" that Mustaine has that everyone moves to the back of the stage during solos. It just looks so forced.

BTW, Chris is human, I did hear a small mistake during his solo. I'm assuming that he did it on purpose to keep the guitarists in the audience from hanging themselves in the bathroom during the show

Van Hagar was a musical genius, a monster drummer, a competent bass player, and a brilliant singer. Van Halen was a musical genius, a monster drummer, a competent bass player, and a male stripper.
ChaNce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 12:23 AM   #15
Smart Dumby

lailer75 is just really nicelailer75 is just really nice
wow gigantour sucked? what would you expect from a tour headlined by one of the all time WORST live bands.
lailer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #16
SS.org Regular

ChaNce is just really niceChaNce is just really nice
It didn't suck. Everyone but Megadeth was great, and Megadeth was old, not bad. Broderick was amazing.

Van Hagar was a musical genius, a monster drummer, a competent bass player, and a brilliant singer. Van Halen was a musical genius, a monster drummer, a competent bass player, and a male stripper.
ChaNce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #17
lurkin'.

_detox is a glorious beacon of light_detox is a glorious beacon of light_detox is a glorious beacon of light
In Flames are playing oldies for sure, first day of Gigantour setlist:

_detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #18
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by lailer75 View Post
wow gigantour sucked? what would you expect from a tour headlined by one of the all time WORST live bands.
Fail.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #19
ERG Ambassador

lucasreis is a glorious beacon of lightlucasreis is a glorious beacon of lightlucasreis is a glorious beacon of light
I wish I could see In Flames live.

I´ve seen Megadeth 2 times and they were good when I saw them (1995 and 1998)
lucasreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #20
SS.org Regular

Nats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of light
gigantour 05 fo lyfe!
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #21
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Gigantour 05 in San Antonio was amazing.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #22
SS.org Regular

heavy7-665 is just really niceheavy7-665 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidTravis View Post
i went in 2006, and if you are on the floor, you wil ge ta face full of bass, and thats it, i couldnt hear opeth, i heard bass.
All their bass are belong to you

You am need help, your right hand is all ....ed up girl!

"thats why i spring it on her

like a cobra"
heavy7-665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #23
King of the Swing

Labrie is a glorious beacon of lightLabrie is a glorious beacon of lightLabrie is a glorious beacon of light
I'm hoping to see the show in Toronto on the 30th. I'm mostly just going for In Flames so hopefully it's good.
Labrie is online now   Reply With Quote