homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #26
Banned

420n7strings is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's pretty funny that this noob logs in here, calls mustaine a noob, then proceeds to .... up embedding videos several times in a row, all for a video that's been posted and discussed on here 20 times already.
Yeah well I'm sure playing to a one-person audience for the past few years makes him a better performer than mustaine I'm new too but that kid is in desperate need for some of "the mirrors truth"
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #27
Cancer:The Crucifuct

Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Mustaine could prolly play if wanted, problem is, he just doesn't care. To me, that's worst, well except maybe talking about it.
Unread 04-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #28
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this thread isn't locked yet becaaaaaaause...

*insert reason here*

personally? couldn't care less. I dont listen to pantera, and i dont listen to megadeth. contine your complaining, im gonna go listen to some more Bulb tracks cuz i feel like a break from other stuff.

take care, everyone.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #29
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
I'm just wondering why on earth Dave evened bothered trying with John Petrucci, a man who absolutely blows him out of the freaking water, standing right there. Also, LaBrie didn't have the greatest night obviously, but he didn't do bad. Choruses could have been better, but he did well on the verses.
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #30
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Hmm, I didn't think it was *that* bad. I think we all know that Dave Mustaine has already proven that he can play. I've seen him live a couple of times. I think that that video was from early in Gigantour, no? IIRC, Dave had just started touring again after a long hiatus.

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
Unread 04-15-2008, 01:43 AM   #31
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
I'm just wondering why on earth Dave evened bothered trying with John Petrucci, a man who absolutely blows him out of the freaking water, standing right there. Also, LaBrie didn't have the greatest night obviously, but he didn't do bad. Choruses could have been better, but he did well on the verses.
If I was on stage next to Petrucci, I'd play.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Unread 04-15-2008, 02:05 AM   #32
Fedex must die!!!!!

Alien DNA is a jewel in the rough
Has everyone forgotten that it was just a tribute to Dime?? Really, when someone covers another artists tunes, it never sounds right!!! I thought it was pretty cool to see them having fun on stage and i bet Dime would be watching from above slamming down some blacktooths and saying 'watch it go'.

The bearded one
Unread 04-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #33
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
For anyone who thinks Mustaine can't solo, I deem thee false, although he's hardly a favourite of mine. As for those who wonder why he bothered... he's Mustaine, the guy who taught Kerry King how to play guitar, hummed solos to Marty Friedman, wrote "Leper Messiah" and singlehandedly won Bill Clinton his first election, of course he can play that guitar solo he listened to fifteen minutes before going on stage Par for the course, as far as I'm concerned.
Unread 04-15-2008, 02:57 AM   #34
Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

InTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud of
meh...he's proved he can play, over and over again

/thread

(besides, all that was missing to me was a total lack of mids and occasional divebombs )

Sabaton
Unread 04-15-2008, 04:57 AM   #35
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
why bother rag on other musicians?

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #36
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Quote:
I'd probably sound a lot worse than Mustaine did here because I'd be too busy pissing myself, but I'd do it and I'd ....ing brag about it afterwards. "Did you see the video of me playing on stage with Dream Theater? Sure, I ....ed up the solo and you can see the wet spot on my jeans where I pissed myself halfway through, but I ....in' played with DREAM THEATER on stage! I rock!"

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #37
Whoopsie Daisy!

DelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:

Of course, everyone would sound bad in comparison to Petrucci. But still as Drew said you can brag your balls off about being on the same stage as him even if you did royally .... it up.

More words here is more words.
Unread 04-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #38
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edroz View Post
who cares if he can't play Dime's material perfectly... Dave isn't even close to being one of my favorite lead players, but he's come up with pretty good stuff through the years, and can play his own leads fine live.

i don't judge guitarists based on how well they can play a Dimbag solo .

I've always thought he was an alright lead player and I like his stuff on Rust In Peace, always have.

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Unread 04-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #39
Prog Metalish

ArchAngel1024 is a jewel in the rough
I love his leads personally, only 2 albums have ever disappointed me, Risk and Cryptic Writings. The System has Failed was full of excellent leads, as was United Abominations.

So he can't play Pantara (which personally, I don't like) it doesn't make his leads any worse.

-------------------
Current Axe: Epiphone Explorer,custom pickups (Unknown brand), a coil tap, and a killswitch

Current 7: Ibanez RGX that's in bad shape right now (no strings, broken killswitch, neck needs work).

Current Acoustic: Fender Stratacoustic (I love that guitar)

Latest Guitar: Frankenfretless hand assembled custom
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #40
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
I think he's a GREAT lead guitarist. "Worst lead player ever"? So he ....s up a solo? Who hasn't? The dude plays tons of amazing solos on Rust In Peace and Peace Sells, not to forget a lot of other albums. I've seen live performances with him playing breathtaking solos.

The solo in that song WAS horrible (and so was the singing of every single singer up there except the guy from Symphony X who did an awesome job. Labrie sounded absolutely horrible on that song), but if I acted like he was the worst guitarist in the world for that, I'd be a hypocrit. I'd be forgetting the solo I played live in a show a few months ago where I accidentally started the solo on the 15th fret instead of the 12th fret and fixed it by just playing the correct frets on the next string when I changed strings - but it still sounded absolutely horrible. I could blame it on playing it live on a 27" baritone while I had always practiced it on a 25.5" scale guitar, but the truth is I was just having a really bad night. If you expect Dave to play great every single night, then you're crazy. He's been playing in bands for a living for almost 30 years. I personally think he's a great lead guitarist. And, considering how famous he is and how respected his band is for albums they've released, I'd hardly say that anyone could consider him the "worst lead player ever."
Unread 04-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #41
Appreciates Kwolity

ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Tempest View Post
I just LOL'd soooo ....ing hard at that I'm in tears. I played the video right as that part was coming and said that quote to myself. OMFG!

+rep for laughs
No idea it was going to be that funny. Thanks guys.
Unread 04-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #42
SS.org Regular

thedonutman is a glorious beacon of lightthedonutman is a glorious beacon of lightthedonutman is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Off topic: That guy in the crowd at the beginning looks slightly like the drummer from Sum 41

On topic: Mustaine is becoming more and more of a f***up in my opinion, but he still writes/wrote great songs. And I think UA is a good album.
Unread 04-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #43
Appreciates Kwolity

ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.
Haha! I only noticed Burton C. Bell just now!
Unread 04-16-2008, 01:12 AM   #44
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
meh, he did one helluva a lot better than I could of, and looked like a badass doing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I'd probably sound a lot worse than Mustaine did here because I'd be too busy pissing myself, but I'd do it and I'd ....ing brag about it afterwards. "Did you see the video of me playing on stage with Dream Theater? Sure, I ....ed up the solo and you can see the wet spot on my jeans where I pissed myself halfway through, but I ....in' played with DREAM THEATER on stage! I rock!"

I literally "loled" when I read that, +rep
Unread 04-19-2008, 04:14 AM   #45
SS.org Regular

Fionn is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
It's pretty funny that this noob logs in here, calls mustaine a noob, then proceeds to .... up embedding videos several times in a row, all for a video that's been posted and discussed on here 20 times already.
Whoa! Calm down. Sorry that I don't sit on my arse for 15 hours a day running a website! But I'm ....ing sure that I'd have the respect and decency to learn how to play a solo before I went out to play a tribute to the guy who originally wrote it! ESPECIALLY DIME!

Quote:
Yeah well I'm sure playing to a one-person audience for the past few years makes him a better performer than mustaine I'm new too but that kid is in desperate need for some of "the mirrors truth"
Yep! I always play with myself! Feels good!

Yeah I am a noob when it comes to the internet but I've got better things to be doing so call me what you will, but I DON'T GIVE A ....! Thought you might find it funny! Oh and for the record Megadeth are shit! Always were and always will be! Best song they ever wrote isn't even on an album! Angry Again!

Perfection at Blistering Speeds! TM
Unread 04-19-2008, 04:25 AM   #46
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
^

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 04-19-2008, 04:40 AM   #47
SS.org Regular

Fionn is a jewel in the rough
Yeah Yeah!

Perfection at Blistering Speeds! TM
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:05 AM   #48
Try my fist!

Uber Mega has much to be proud ofUber Mega has much to be proud ofUber Mega has much to be proud ofUber Mega has much to be proud ofUber Mega has much to be proud ofUber Mega has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
Yeah Yeah!
Hahaha, what a classic internet twonk. Where is the ban hammer?

this thread was a complete failure from the moment you started it Fionn...using a superlative (worst) in something as subjective as music makes you a girly man
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:12 AM   #49
plays in 69/42

???

-Desecrated

budda
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #50
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i'd say one good thing has come from this thread, its made me bust out 'Rust in Peace'

Knights that say
Closed Thread