homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Loomis to start his solo CD!

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - NEVERMORE Guitarist Begins Recording Solo Album

That means he'll be done soon and can get back to making some Nevermore tunes!

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
AU director / RHLC İ

cow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a loomis solo disc? this should be some killer stuff

do you have a fetish for reverse heads stocks?,do you find your self sweating or drooling over the site of a reverse head stock? if the answer is yes then i can help with therapy and rehab.join RHLC to feel normal again.....first consult free,normal rates apply after..LOL

Rock The Fuck Out
..DAN/CYBERSYN

NOS tube freak

MESA OWNERS CLUB MEMBER..R-014XXX
cow 7 sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Demeyes is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I thought it was already done, guess not. It should be fairly deadly stuff.
Demeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #4
it's a british thing

halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
please, please, PLEASE let it be with a good singer. not that nevermore mess...

H

http://www.talanas.org
death metal's gentlemen
halsinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #5
BowToPeppersMessiah

Blood Tempest is a glorious beacon of lightBlood Tempest is a glorious beacon of lightBlood Tempest is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I can't wait!!!! I hope it's all instrumental and full on insane, yet always tasteful, Loomis shreddy goodness.

Son of Northern Darkness
Blood Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by halsinden View Post

H

I'll pretend I didn't hear that and just say that his solo disc is instrumental, so there's probably no singing anyway.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 03-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #7
SS Contributor

AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I heard the drummer from Nile was supposed to appear as loomis's drummer for the solo stuff. that was a while back. im mad stoked to hear what loomis is gonna break out

Now Available on iTunes, Amazon & BigCartel iTunes | Amazon | BigCartel
YouTube.com/AngelVivaldi | facebook.com/angelvivaldi
AngelVivaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #8
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:

H
Heathen. It's all about appreciation, personally, I love Warrel Dane's vocals, there's just somethg excellently bizarre about them

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #9
Desk Magnetic

Lozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

H
Agreed, can't describe how much I hate that guys voice. Such a shame because I really want to be able to see what people see in Nevermore but the vocals are like fingernails down a blackboard for me!!!
Lozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #10
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
Heathen. It's all about appreciation, personally, I love Warrel Dane's vocals, there's just somethg excellently bizarre about them
Well, he's powerful, and is a hell of a writer.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 03-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #11
Sarcy English Twat

7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
Agreed, can't describe how much I hate that guys voice. Such a shame because I really want to be able to see what people see in Nevermore but the vocals are like fingernails down a blackboard for me!!!
You are also a heathen.

You live in the house of heathen, were the males failure to appreciate Nevermore in all it's glory will be the undoing of you all!

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #12
Sarcy English Twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissing View Post
Well, he's powerful, and is a hell of a writer.
Exactly, the lyrics are immensely intelligent, and the delivery is just unique in a way that conveys them exceptionally well. No sugar coating.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:40 AM   #13
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Quote:
Exactly, the lyrics are immensely intelligent, and the delivery is just unique in a way that conveys them exceptionally well. No sugar coating.

He's probably one of the best poets of our time.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 03-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #14
Desk Magnetic

Lozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
You are also a heathen.

You live in the house of heathen, were the males failure to appreciate Nevermore in all it's glory will be the undoing of you all!
We have the might of Dickinson to keep our doings firmly done up.
Lozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
Sarcy English Twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
We have the might of Dick in son to keep our doings firmly done up.
Now that's just incest...

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #16
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looking foward to it.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #17
Loomis Brotherhood

SevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of lightSevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of lightSevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

H
my vote is Diana Serra from Aghora

The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God.

We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God
-Ludwig Van Beethoven

25 essential metal licks

Advanced Arpeggios
SevenDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #18
Dr. D. Suzuki

shredder777 is a jewel in the rough
No vocals, im very picky when it comes to instrumentals, hopefully it gets featured on Guitar9
shredder777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #19
Loomis Brotherhood

SevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of lightSevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of lightSevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder777 View Post
No vocals, im very picky when it comes to instrumentals, hopefully it gets featured on Guitar9
whoa, are you really David Suzuki? That would be awesome!

The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God.

We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God
-Ludwig Van Beethoven

25 essential metal licks

Advanced Arpeggios
SevenDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #20
Banned from Reality

Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Nevermind the fact that it sounds like he's singing a song other than what the rest of the band is playing.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #21
it's a british thing

halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.
Quote:
actually his lyrics were one the pivotal reasons for me hating his performances so much.

really, i can't stand everything that man generates, artistically.

also, when i finally got to see a nevermore video, i genuinely lost my balance and composure. i'm all for acknowledging (though far from appreciating) power metal's pomposity and 25-years-behind approach to women and what makes an attractive male but leering through christmas cracker plastic camden-goth 'skull rings' on a throne flanked by bored looking fluesies really doesn't make me believe a theme much.

to me, his vocals sound crucially weak. the way he applies this stylised 'break' to the beginning of almost every line, it's like listening to a guitarist hitting a pinched harmonic at the end of every bar. EVERY bar.

but seriously, lyrically? from the 2 albums i've listened to extensively, it struck me as cliche after cliche after cliche. yeah, ok, you're a monster, it's horrific, yeah there's another parallel to modern life presented as swords 'n sorcery.

not for me.

H

http://www.talanas.org
death metal's gentlemen
halsinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #22
SS Contributor

kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
+1 I couldn't imagine Nevermore with any other singer.

Axe Fx II in da house
Mark IV in da House
JVM in da House
kmanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

Shaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to behold
Warrel's vocals are a bit like James LaBrie's vocals, you either love it or hate it!

I personally love Warrel's voice and the style of his singing, but I have never gotten used to James LaBrie's vocals, to the point where I can't even listen to DT... BUT, it is only a matter of taste and not a universal truth.

But to the point, I am really waiting to hear Jeff's solo work, since the song that has been around for a while kicks ass. I love neo-classical so I hope Jeff will explore that style.
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #24
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Quote:
also, when i finally got to see a nevermore video, i genuinely lost my balance and composure. i'm all for acknowledging (though far from appreciating) power metal's pomposity and 25-years-behind approach to women and what makes an attractive male but leering through christmas cracker plastic camden-goth 'skull rings' on a throne flanked by bored looking fluesies really doesn't make me believe a theme much.
I understand you don't like him, I won't crucify you for it.
People either love him or hate him.

But the video was probably not their idea, and was something the director had come up with.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #25
ss.org Regular

Celiak is a glorious beacon of lightCeliak is a glorious beacon of lightCeliak is a glorious beacon of light
Nevermore would not work with out Warrel. He is amazing.

I'm really looking forward to this CD, an indulgent shred record from Loomis is going to pretty much be the shit. I think I'm almost looking forward to this more than new Nevermore.
Celiak is offline   Reply With Quote