homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Chevelle - I Get It

This = Kicks ass.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

They'll be here in a month, Christine, some friends, and I are gonna try and check them out. Last time I saw them was Ozzfest '03.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
SS Contributor

Berger is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I may have to pick up their latest now...I have all the others and a dvd
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
I'm Back Bitches!

CrashRG is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Haven't picked this one up yet.....heard alot of it though.

anybody else think he sounds alot like maynard james keenan on some new songs?

funny story about chevelle's last CD........i lost it, had no idea where it was for like 2 months, then remembered about 3 weeks ago, that one drunken night, i had tried to put it in the cd player in my car, and stuck the CD in the slot between the CD player and the storage space below it, and it had fallen into the center console/ dashboard area. i saw the girl that had bought the car from me, flagged her down, explained to her what was up, and suprisingly she let me dismantle the interior of the car to get the CD back, right there in the Kmart parking lot. awesome.
CrashRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
hates womanizers.

ShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i disagree.

it just doesn't do anything for me.

I'm typing this on my knees with my butt in the air. -Drew
ShawnFjellstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #6
The Djentle Giant

muffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to behold
Didnt strike anything with me either.. just my opinion tho
muffgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
President / RHLC

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I personnaly prefer "Well enough alone"

Listen to it on :

MySpace.com - Chevelle - Chicago, ILLINOIS - Rock / Alternative - www.myspace.com/chevelle

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
SS Contributor

7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I Get It = great song. the whole new album is very good IMO. Can't watch the video at work but I've loved that CD since it came out.
7StringofAblicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
SS Contributor

AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/AngelVivaldi is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Chevelle is one of my BIGGGGEST influences. Love that guy's tone Sounds a lot like MUSE

Now Available on iTunes, Amazon & BigCartel iTunes | Amazon | BigCartel
YouTube.com/AngelVivaldi | facebook.com/angelvivaldi
AngelVivaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
King of the Swing

Labrie is a glorious beacon of lightLabrie is a glorious beacon of lightLabrie is a glorious beacon of light
I posted about their new album back at the beginning of the year and no one gave a shit lol. Good to see people listening to them.
Labrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #11
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
I've been a fan of them since their first cd came out and the video for Point # 1 started playing. It seems like they tune lower and lower with each cd (which isn't necessarily a bad thing )! I like the new one too.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Thorn, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #12
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
To me, the magic is in the bass tone, that's what makes them sound so huge. They just have that killer EB+Ampeg tone that sounds amazing with those low tunings. Blending that with his guitar tone just makes buildings fall over.

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #13
I SS.org Salute You!

BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrie View Post
I posted about their new album back at the beginning of the year and no one gave a shit lol. Good to see people listening to them.
I hear ya. I haven't quite comprehended the lack of for Breaking Benjamin's latest effort either. Every time I throw it on I just keep thinking "holy shit this album is good"

And yeah Chevelle's Vena Serra kicks ass too.
BigM555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #14
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM555 View Post
I hear ya. I haven't quite comprehended the lack of for Breaking Benjamin's latest effort either. Every time I throw it on I just keep thinking "holy shit this album is good"

I definitely agree here too! Not to stray off-topic but the newest breaking benjamin disc is awesome.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Thorn, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #15
ERG Drummer!

MerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to allMerlinTKD is a name known to all
I like it, and like Chevelle, but what's always kept me from loving them is the lack of dynamics. The arrangements get thinner and thicker, but the volume never actually changes. After a bit, my brain starts to fade off.

I don't doubt that's their intention (to play with the arrangement while keeping the volume steady), and it's a legitimate theory, just makes it hard for my ear to get past it is all. Personal preference.

I still think they're good writers, getting better with each release... and of course, heavy as ....!
MerlinTKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #16
Banned from Reality

Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashRG View Post
Haven't picked this one up yet.....heard alot of it though.

anybody else think he sounds alot like maynard james keenan on some new songs?
Sort of, except that I can't stand Maynard, and I love Chevelle. So they're different enough for that to be possible.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #17
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Nice, but not my style
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote