homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Carcass

Who here likes them? I first got into Carcass back in 1992 when I went out and bought Necroticism Descanting The Insalubrious cassette and I listened to it alot back then and over the years, i'd give it a listen and I still do listen to it every now and then. Well, I just listened to it today. Great album, great guitar sound great guitar work and great everything for 1991.

Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Carcass rule. Necrotocism and Heartwork are ....ing glorious. I like Necrotocism a bit more, cause i think the whole medical lyrics thing was awesome.

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
Et tu, Brute?

Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Necrotocism and Heartwork are my fav. Amazing band.
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Heartwork is a good album too. I remember when it first came out, it took me a few listens to really like it.
Unread 09-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

Decreate has a spectacular aura about
Heartwork was actually the album that got me into them so to me its still my favourite album by them. However I was quite disappointed with Swansong when it first came out...
Decreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
im leaving ss.org

Xtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
As mentioned, necroticism and heartwork are their best. I used to love Heartwork, uncomfortable Steer vocals...steered me away from Necroticism.

Then I listened to Corporeal Jigsore, Inpropagation, looked up the lyrics.......ing my god.

They are my top 3 favorite bands: Necro, Carc, Arsis.
Xtremevillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 10:48 PM   #7
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
<<< former guitarist for the Carcass tribute band, Symphonies Of Sickness.

Yeah, I love them.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
Ibanez Guitars

Badass, Shannon! I'd like to here some recordings if you have any. I learned Pedigree Butchery first and then Corporeal Jigsore Quandary. The riffwork in those songs, pretty much the whole Necroticism album influenced me quite a bit. I also had Symphonies Of Sickness briefly and I need to get it again.
Unread 09-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #9
ss.org Regular

Axel is a jewel in the rough
Carcass got me into death metal. They also got me into 5150's
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Badass, Shannon! I'd like to here some recordings if you have any. I learned Pedigree Butchery first and then Corporeal Jigsore Quandary. The riffwork in those songs, pretty much the whole Necroticism album influenced me quite a bit. I also had Symphonies Of Sickness briefly and I need to get it again.

Nah, there are no recordings unfortunately. It was fun why it lasted. I can thank Carcass mainly for getting me to tune down to B. That eventually led to me getting my first 7-string.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:17 AM   #11
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have all Carcass CD.
I love their music. And as I see i'm not only who stanted tune to B after hearing their music
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:29 AM   #12
Smart Dumby

lailer75 is just really nicelailer75 is just really nice
wow i just listened to necro yesterday, like 20 min before you stopped by Shawn
lailer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #13
ss.org Regular

Diogene303 is a jewel in the rough
Hey,

Carcass where the guys that really got me into using Ibanez guitars and seeing there great video's they did ........very cool band to see live also. If my memory is right i saw them play twice once up north somewhere when staying with a friend and the other time was at the barfly or underworld if i remember right !

Diogene
Diogene303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #14
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
I carcass, they still rock. Heartwork and Necroticism are my favorites, but I dig pretty much all their stuff, just wish some of it was better recorded!

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:10 AM   #15
SS.org Regular

Shaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to behold
Hell yeah!

One of my all time favourite bands. Necrotism was the first Carcass album I got, and I loved it(the first riff on Corporeal Jigsore.. holy sh**, you can't top that), but Heartwork was the one that really blew me away.

I actually like Swansong too, it grew on me little by little. Wake up and smell the Carcass has a lot of cool unreleased stuff too.

There has been a lot of rumors about a reunion, and even Bill Steer has agreed to do it, so we'll see. Let's keep our thumbs up!

Jeff Walker talked about the "possible" reunion in an interview, and he mentioned that Michael Amott would love to do it also.
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #16
SS.org Regular

DiezelMonster is just really niceDiezelMonster is just really nice
I think any toalk of them doing a reunion is actually Jeff and Bill ....ing with everyone. I had a good talk one night with Jeff walker when his first solo cd came out for blackstar and he would always tell people that to .... with them hahaha he's a very funny guy!

anyhow my fave Carcass disc is Heartwork but I got into them when symphonies came out, HOLY .... that album still burns a hole in my cd player! along with reek! I'm probably the only guy here that loves the early grind!

I got into 7's and tuning to Bb because of morbid angel however! they will forever be my favourite band!

Hails Trey and Erik!

C
DiezelMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #17
Ibanez Guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lailer75 View Post
wow i just listened to necro yesterday, like 20 min before you stopped by Shawn
What a coincidence. Yeah, it always brings back memories too whenever I listen to it.

I had no idea they used 5150s. I love their guitar tone on Necroticism too.
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #18
Bowes Guitars

canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Carcass live was pretty good. All Ibanez guitars and basses, 5150's on the backline and an absolutely sick live sound. They didn't play a single song off any material previous to Necrotism though.

I was bitter to see that Mike Hickey was playing guitar instead of Mike Amott when i got to see them though and Jeff had already removed those huge assed dreads.
canuck brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:51 PM   #19
Ibanez Guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiezelMonster View Post

I got into 7's and tuning to Bb because of morbid angel however! they will forever be my favourite band!

Hails Trey and Erik!

C
Me too actually. I saw Morbid Angel live in Boston back in July of 1994 (Covenant tour, no Eric) and he was playing a UV7PWH along with his Hamer Custom V. Even before that though, the God Of Emptiness vid, his UV7BK!

I had no idea Carcass played Ibanez guitars either. All these years listening to them, I thought they played droptuned ESP sixers. They did influence me quite a bit as I said earlier. Them, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Malevolent Creation, Incantation, Internal Bleeding, Obituary, Death, etc, etc...too many to list!
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #20
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
big carcass fan here, buried dreams is like the most badass song ever, that and death certificate, both off heartwork

Confront and Destroy!
-7SoH
http://www.myspace.com/7stringsofhate
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #21
Ibanez Guitars

Unread 09-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #22
ss.org Regular

IrfaanSE801 is a jewel in the rough
I started playing a seven string for the B tuning because of Carcass. I was tuning my 6 down, but it just became a pain after awhile. Fukkin love that band though.

I was stoked because they hinted at various times about doing a reunion tour (not a record), but it's not the same without Ken (although I heard he told them to do it). I think Bill mentioned he was thinking of using another drummer that recently left his band (I thought it was Derek Roddy when he left Hate Eternal, and maybe the only drummer that would do it justice) but I haven't heard anything back since then, maybe 6 months or more.

IrfaanSE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #23
Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

InTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
fwiw...my favourite album is symphonies..., just for ruptured in pureulence

Sabaton
InTheRavensName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #24
Sean

teelguitars will become famous soon enough
Jeff Walker has been one of my idols since like '91, I love his voice.
teelguitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #25
Ibanez Guitars

Another cool vid~