homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
je t'aime

David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Basshunter is amazing

http://www.myspace.com/basshunterdance

I've been a fan for like 3 months. What's interesting, is that this guy is the biggest nerd in the world. I think there's a few videos on youtube with the subtitles, but basically... Boten Anna is about a chat room/forum mod named Anna, who bans people, and keeps the channel clean... and he thinks she's a bot, but she's real... that's uhhh, strange. Spelar DotA, or "Vi Sitter I Ventrilo Och Spelar Dota," is a story about sitting on Ventrilo and pwning in World of Warcraft. I use Ventrilo all the time for Unreal Tournament and Battlefield, so I just find it hilarious that he integrated this into a song.

The first time I heard his music, I was entranced because it's so good, so euphoric. Then I found out that the lyrics are practically a joke, but he's completely serious about them becuase he's such a nerd, and yet, they still have the same effect on me.

It's also helped me to understand Swedish and look into learning more euro-languages.

ss.org's official most photoshopped member
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
ouh...

Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.
I ....ING hate him... he is swedens biggest disgrace and the music sucks... I mean "Spelar DoTA" is a total rip off of Daddy DJ (dont ask me why i know that song) but with other lyrics on it. Since he sings in swedish this gets played on the radio and television all the time. Disgusting music...

Check out my Myspace for some fusion and prog! www.myspace.com/ianeiderbo
Seedawakener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
Nik
Arrogant asshole

Nik will become famous soon enough
I try to be pretty open-minded about music...

...but I can't imagine why anyone left unscathed by the crap spewn from the modern music industry would listen to this

----------------------
Visit my band, 'Emulsifier.' Unless you suck. You don't suck... do you?
http://www.myspace.com/demx
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
je t'aime

David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
oh shit! if there's something like that going on, tell me bro

How is it shitty music? I mean if I find out they copied... like Metallica or Dane Cook, then I'm gonna feel quite different about it.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME NICK!??!? dude the sound is orgasmic

what about darude sandstorm... please tell me you guys like that song at least...

Unread 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
Nik
Arrogant asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
oh shit! if there's something like that going on, tell me bro

How is it shitty music? I mean if I find out they copied... like Metallica or Dane Cook, then I'm gonna feel quite different about it.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME NICK!??!? dude the sound is orgasmic

what about darude sandstorm... please tell me you guys like that song at least...
I simply hate techno Euro-pop, whatever-the-hell-it's-called-now

I think it's probably cause I'm scarred for life. My parents used to drag me to all of these parties that I absolutely loathed and this is the type of music which would be driven into my skull all night long. Fortunately those days are over, but I guess I'm just scarred for life.

----------------------
Unread 01-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
je t'aime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
I simply hate techno Euro-pop, whatever-the-hell-it's-called-now

I think it's probably cause I'm scarred for life. My parents used to drag me to all of these parties that I absolutely loathed and this is the type of music which would be driven into my skull all night long. Fortunately those days are over, but I guess I'm just scarred for life.
ah, now that's understandable.

Well go rollin on some E, and listen to it while watching a pink floyd show, then you'll dig it.

ok seriously, please don't go do that

Unread 01-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
Shun Goku Satsu!

Oguz286 is just really niceOguz286 is just really nice
Quote:
THAT is a good song, but boten anna... come on, the 'song' sucks, his voice is freakin synthesized.

Just start Nuendo, add nothing but bass and your voice, make the lyrics about WoW and call yourself DaviDHunter or something... et voila!

"You should treat your plane like you treat your women... get inside them 5 times a day and take them to heaven and back. WOOF!" - Lord Flashheart
Last.fm
Oguz286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #8
je t'aime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oguz286 View Post
THAT is a good song, but boten anna... come on, the 'song' sucks, his voice is freakin synthesized.

Just start Nuendo, add nothing but bass and your voice, make the lyrics about WoW and call yourself DaviDHunter or something... et voila!
hahhaha, see for those of us who don't know how to speak swedish, the sound of his voice is so smooth and kick ass. No matter what he's saying, hahah. If someone sang that in English, holy shit, I'd die, hahahha. I'd be pissed at the world if they liked them.

He has a good voice tho! It has some synthesis on it, but god damn does he have an orgasmic voice.

Unread 01-29-2007, 11:58 PM   #9
Wiz
SS.org Regular

Wiz is just really niceWiz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
And I thought that Sweden was the only country in the world immune to shitty music. :P
Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 12:13 AM   #10

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Oh yeah, that boten anna has been a huge (s)hit here as well. There's a lot of crappy stuff out there right now (all you scandinavians probably know Darin) but this one takes the cake. First time I heard it I thought it was 1995 all over again.

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire Walk With Me
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 12:37 AM   #11
je t'aime

we really don't have many techno-euro-pop lovers up in here do we?

I guess I'm on my own!

Unread 01-30-2007, 12:51 AM   #12
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
we really don't have many techno-euro-pop lovers up in here do we?

I guess I'm on my own!
I didn't even click on the link because Euro Pop is one of my least favorite styles of music (after country and rap). It was a nightmare both when I worked with someone who loved Euro Pop and put it on every chance she got and when I went to England for two weeks and they played Euro pop in the car whereever I went. I thought I was going to go insaaaaane.

If you like it, that's cool though. I just have a feeling that if I click that link, the songs will be stuck in my head all day long and I'll go insane, eventually my head exploding.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 01:13 AM   #13
ouh...

Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
(all you scandinavians probably know Darin)
Lets kill him.

Unread 01-30-2007, 01:16 AM   #14

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedawakener View Post
Lets kill him.
He is pretty crappy.

Fire Walk With Me
Unread 01-30-2007, 02:55 AM   #15
Jag har en plan.

Newkie is just really niceNewkie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah he's pretty bad imo and from what I've heard the will be a follow up to this song

It's supposed to be Anna singing from her perspective or something and it should be ready for an early summer release

Let's hope this is just a rumor and nothing more
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 03:24 AM   #16
ss.org Regular

Deathlef is on a distinguished road
Well, right the moment I came to beautiful Sweden, I was confronted with this particular song. At first, I thought it is some sort of a joke from a nerd. But after seeing it at TV, I was seriously frightened.

By the way: Do the guys from Stockholm know where to go and try some nice guitars and amps (I am looking for some Mesas or Hughes & Kettner Switchblades in particular)? I live at Fridhemsplan, so something within 50km would be nice

Regards
Deathlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #17
SS.org Regular

Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.
In my opinion, Basshunter should be hung from a tree, shot, gutted, and run over by a Buick. Then his corpse should be cut into pieces with a chainsaw, and fed to reindeer, all because I've had to endure listening to the whole ....ing "LOL" album. It's only fair.

Now I lay me down to sleep
Blah, blah, blah my soul to keep
If I die before I wake
I'll go to hell for heaven's sake
Makelele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makelele View Post
In my opinion, Basshunter should be hung from a tree, shot, gutted, and run over by a Buick. Then his corpse should be cut into pieces with a chainsaw, and fed to reindeer, all because I've had to endure listening to the whole ....ing "LOL" album. It's only fair.
Thank god I've never heard the whole album

Seriously, I'd be ashamed to buy an album called "LOL."

I mean it's just... so... LOL!

Fire Walk With Me
Unread 01-30-2007, 08:57 AM   #19
ouh...

Does any scandinavian person remember these lyrics?: hej monika, hej på dig monika? That is another song that I just want to burn in a big pile with all the other shit.

Unread 01-30-2007, 09:08 AM   #20
ss.org Regular

Nidolf is on a distinguished road
Two girls studying at the dance program at my school danced in his video for "Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar Dota", they said he was a total ass.
Plus his music sucks.
Nidolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 09:17 AM   #21
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

.... swedish mainstream music. and most of the udnerground music to.
Unread 01-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desecrated View Post
.... swedish mainstream music. and most of the udnerground music to.
Hey, ABBA kicks ass!

Fire Walk With Me
Unread 01-30-2007, 09:54 AM   #23
Jag har en plan.

Newkie is just really niceNewkie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedawakener View Post
Does any scandinavian person remember these lyrics?: hej monika, hej på dig monika? That is another song that I just want to burn in a big pile with all the other shit.
Yeah I remember that one unfortunately...
It's almost worse than Boten Anna... come to think of it, it IS worse!
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #24
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Hey, ABBA kicks ass!
no, they are the 8 plauge that the allmighty noodle-lord realesed on the earth to punish the pirates.
Unread 01-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #25
Nik
Arrogant asshole

Quote:
Hey, ABBA kicks ass!

ABBA is the reason Yngwie fled from Sweden

----------------------