homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree368Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #76
ss.org Regular

Ageispolis will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hardcore in general eludes me. I don't see the appeal of bands like Underoath or The Devil Wears Prada (some cool riffing tho) or A Day To Remember. I don't see the appeal of hardcore dancing either. The one show I've been to there was no hardcore dancing or moshing because the venue was pretty small. (Heritage Hunter tour in Winnipeg, awesome first show)

Though I think, thanks to this thread, I'm going to avoid the hardcore dancing pits when I go to a show with a larger floor area. It sounds like a pain in the ass, honestly.
otisct20 likes this.
Ageispolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #77
ss.org Regular

postalrecon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageispolis View Post
Hardcore in general eludes me. I don't see the appeal of bands like Underoath or The Devil Wears Prada (some cool riffing tho) or A Day To Remember. I don't see the appeal of hardcore dancing either. The one show I've been to there was no hardcore dancing or moshing because the venue was pretty small. (Heritage Hunter tour in Winnipeg, awesome first show)

Though I think, thanks to this thread, I'm going to avoid the hardcore dancing pits when I go to a show with a larger floor area. It sounds like a pain in the ass, honestly.
None of the above bands you mentioned above are hardcore bands
postalrecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #78
SS.org Regular

spawnofthesith is just really nicespawnofthesith is just really nice
Yeah it always distresses me to see metalcore and deathcore bands referred to as hardcore (note that I have nothing against either of the two aforementioned genres)
poopyalligator likes this.
spawnofthesith is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #79
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ Hardcore is alien to me too - all I can say is I would consider those bands part of hardcore and their fans to be hardcore kids who like to hardcore dance. I also had a feeling however, that this is not the true front of hardcore and true hardcore fans hate that scene, and most likely the dancing too.
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #80
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
This thread has gone way downhill, and even more so than I thought it would.
straightshreddd likes this.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #81
SSBRO.org Regular

straightshreddd is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I can agree with some anti-dance people's statements. There are a lot of dicks who dance who hurt people for no reason BUT there are also respectful people who just want to have fun. There are also push moshers who are huge dicks and get nuts and try to compensate in the push pit for their horrifically small penises, BUT there are also chill people who want to have fun with their friends and get in a push pit.

In my humble opinion, push moshing looks pretty retarded and whenever I see someone doing it, they usually have tripp pants, a slipknot shirt, and are insanely socially awkward, but I can respect someone wanting to have fun as long as you don't go out of your way to hurt people. Both dancing and push moshing can be fun or stupid as shit.

It's kinda like two dance crews fighting over whether the dougie or the jerk is cooler. Both can look stupid as hell but if they're having fun and not bothering anyone then 'tis all good, man.

Also, I see alot of people who hate dancing making some very bold statements. While I hate assholes of all kinds, I know when it's time to take a step back and analyze a situation carefully before acting on impulse. I've watched a "death metal/thrash/not-breakdown"(whatever you want to catergorize it as) guy get jumped by literally about 37 "faggy, hxc, deathcore/hardcore" kids while his friends watched. All because a 16 year old kid bumped into him while dancing and he hit him. It was kinda sad to watch but he asked for it.

If you go to any aggresive-styled music show, expect things to happen. Whether it be hardcore/deathcore or thrash/death metal.

Final verdict: All dickheads are wack. Not just one certain kind.

Last edited by straightshreddd; 08-05-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: *their
straightshreddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #82
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
I just want to add....

Someone needs to break out some cardboard and breakdance in the pit. That would make my day.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 08-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #83
SSBRO.org Regular

What about the weird ass drunk dancing hipsters in downtown Philly do at back ally eletronic/dubstep/whatever-the-.... shows? If anything, we should all team up, -core and other stuff alike, at one of those shows and start a push mosh/dance pit.

Also, what's people's view on skanking? haha
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #84
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Skanking looks fine to me
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #85
SSBRO.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittoa666 View Post
I just want to add....

Someone needs to break out some cardboard and breakdance in the pit. That would make my day.

THIS.

I love when people do funny shit in pits. Like booty dance on the super overly-aggresive dudes and shit. haha

I'd love to see a whole pit getting super stoked and amped during a breakdown's build up and all do the macarana(sp?) synchronized and in time to the breakdown. It would be phenomenal.
ittoa666, The Beard, Nile and 1 others like this.
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #86
SSBRO.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealEntity View Post
Skanking looks fine to me
Same here. I just want to hear some views considering it's the precursor to 2 stepping.
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #87
/)'3'(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightshreddd View Post
THIS.

I love when people do funny shit in pits. Like booty dance on the super overly-aggresive dudes and shit. haha

I'd love to see a whole pit getting super stoked and amped during a breakdown's build up and all do the macarana(sp?) synchronized and in time to the breakdown. It would be phenomenal.
I've been dying to have a pit of nothing but people doing the robot.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 08-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #88
Banned

NovaReaper is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
breakdown's build up
ahahaha my sides
NovaReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #89
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
From my drunken mexican friend raymond next to me this morning.

"hardcore dancing is so fun, You all be bitchs"

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #90
Suttbex

The Beard is a glorious beacon of lightThe Beard is a glorious beacon of lightThe Beard is a glorious beacon of light
The bassist in my band was hardcore dancing among other hardcore kids and ended up getting "donkey kicked" by one of his buddies and got his jaw dislocated, it had to be wired shut for awhile

ALSO:

EDIT: Here's a vid for anyone in this thread who wants to brush up on their techniques!
metal_sam14 and flint757 like this.

"Orange juice after potato.
Taste like all of my wut."
-CrushingAnvil

"what am I supposed to do with my boner?"
-shredguitar7

Live Rig
-Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
-Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
-Ibanez rg120

My Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/stc423

The Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #91
SS.org Regular

JoeyW is a jewel in the rough
I think I'm the minority when I say that I find push mosh to be the more obnoxious of the two. In western Canada Hardcore is HUGE! So there's a lot of hardcore dancing (Not in Vancouver. Everyone out here still throw like they're 15). I really can't stand hate mosh though (I think there's some confusion here about the difference between 'hardcore dancing' and straight up hate mosh) which just gets stupid in my opinion.

Warwick Thumb B.O. 6 Broadneck
JoeyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #92
SS.org Regular

Kali Yuga has a spectacular aura about
You go to a metalcore and complain about "hardcore dancing" because nobody makes contact. Go to an actual hardcore show, the so-called "dancing" there is full contact, and push moshers often get their noses broken.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #93
DjentyGoodness

thatguy87 is just really nicethatguy87 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyW View Post
I think I'm the minority when I say that I find push mosh to be the more obnoxious of the two. In western Canada Hardcore is HUGE! So there's a lot of hardcore dancing (Not in Vancouver. Everyone out here still throw like they're 15). I really can't stand hate mosh though (I think there's some confusion here about the difference between 'hardcore dancing' and straight up hate mosh) which just gets stupid in my opinion.
So you would rather get hit in the face than get pushed? You, sir, are an odd one.
CYBERSYN likes this.
thatguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #94
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
If you go to any aggresive-styled music show, expect things to happen. Whether it be hardcore/deathcore or thrash/death metal.
That is bullshit. You're going to a ....ing concert - a live display of musicianship, not some ....ing dance-off. I expect to be able to watch musicians play without having to be on my guard the whole ....ing time from idiots who are not even watching the show.

You can dance/fight/push wherever the .... you want, I can only pay close attention to the musicians if I am close to the stage. Therefore you need to stay the hell away from the stage.
troyguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #95
ss.org Regular

Nerd Destroyer will become famous soon enough
lol, talk about a thread where you know exactly where the conversation is going to go

in other news

The Beard likes this.
Nerd Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #96
SS.org Regular

Mr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't care what you do at shows. I stay away from pits.

I will note that when this hardcore dancing thing started, I noticed people not intentionally smashing each other, picking each other up when someone gets knocked around, etc. But then something emerged called "crews". One in my hometown was called "Dance Floor Assassins". I'm sure with a name like that they were there for the community and the music.

Oh wait, no, they were just there to punch as many people as possible.

Bottom line: Just like people say to stay away from the pit, moshers need to stay away from the dude and his girlfriend trying to enjoy the show off to the side. The same goes for any aggressive music crowd. Push pits, jumping, crowd surfing, moshing are all an excuse for some asshat to punch someone. It really depends on the individual and an asshat will not hesitate to give an entire culture a bad name.

Don't be an asshat.

Also, related:

"I'll stuff your body inside of my snare drum and do a blast beat at 600 BPM for 3 and a half hours."
Mr Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #97
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
This is still a ....ing issue? I remember when it was cool to argue about this in '09. People want to do what they want to do at shows. Let them do it. Don't want to be hit? Stay away from wherever it's going on. Don't want to be pushed? Stay out of the push pit. Period. It's not a difficult concept.
The Beard and straightshreddd like this.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #98
SS.org Regular

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I had 3 ribs fractured by just leaning against a rail and some moron wanted to start stuff with people and decided charging into/jumping on them. I bet you can tell where this story is leading..
Tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #99
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
This is still a ....ing issue? I remember when it was cool to argue about this in '09. People want to do what they want to do at shows. Let them do it. Don't want to be hit? Stay away from wherever it's going on. Don't want to be pushed? Stay out of the push pit. Period. It's not a difficult concept.
The argument from my perspective is that you have it backwards. It should be more like:

Want to mosh/dance/whatever? Stay away from people watching the concert. Period. It's not a difficult concept.
troyguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #100
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
It's a situation that goes both ways. You don't go to an Acacia Strain show to sip tea and have a quiet conversation with some fellow countrymen. It's almost a given that there will be violence. Especially when the band requests it.
straightshreddd likes this.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote