homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree759Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #176
Banned

Anthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPancakes View Post
biggest differnce
SOP=no breakdowns, thus making them 100x better.
breakdowns can be good.
BUT NOT EVERY SONG NEEDS A BREAKDOWN.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, or just an idiot?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #177
Im Insane

CatPancakes is a glorious beacon of lightCatPancakes is a glorious beacon of lightCatPancakes is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, or just an idiot?
i wouldnt say idiot, but i am extremly "OMG MORE DEATH METAL! DEATH TO FALSE METAL" types as some people would call it, they dont sound liek SOP as much on this album as they used to, and dont abuse breakdowns as much.

but i still hate breakdowns "HAY LOOK GUISE SIMPLE RHYTHMS HURR DURR THIS MAKES ME COOL AND BROOTALZ!!!111!"

yea im a freaking death metal supremest jerk.

BREE BREEE BREBREBREEEEEEEEEEEE
is not vocals, its a dying pig

all i saw was quick! and i went into a panic and destroyed everything-simsklok

women derive pleasure from ---- --- due to the fact that the man is indirectly grinding against the outside wall of areas of the ------ that are difficult to stimulate by the usuaOH GOD WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS-dddorian
CatPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #178
Stop the Madness!

Nick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to behold
i take it you hate the breakdowns nile, suffocation, cannibal corpse, dying fetus, origin, aborted and behemoth use as well then?
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #179
Im Insane

CatPancakes is a glorious beacon of lightCatPancakes is a glorious beacon of lightCatPancakes is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
i take it you hate the breakdowns nile, suffocation, cannibal corpse, dying fetus, origin, aborted and behemoth use as well then?
peopel always use those examples.
but its not the same to me.
they actually sound good, to me atleast

also i just cant stand the -core movement at all.

also im not going to argue with you about it.

PS. i hate aborted

pps. i dont really dislike this new album as much as their old stuff. much less break-downy maybe shows some future promise, maybe ill even have to own teh next album if they continue to reduce the amount of breakdowns.

BREE BREEE BREBREBREEEEEEEEEEEE
is not vocals, its a dying pig

all i saw was quick! and i went into a panic and destroyed everything-simsklok

women derive pleasure from ---- --- due to the fact that the man is indirectly grinding against the outside wall of areas of the ------ that are difficult to stimulate by the usuaOH GOD WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS-dddorian
CatPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #180
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
PS. i hate aborted
FAIL!

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 02:34 AM   #181
Stop the Madness!

Nick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
peopel always use those examples.
but its not the same to me.
they actually sound good, to me atleast

also i just cant stand the -core movement at all.

also im not going to argue with you about it.

PS. i hate aborted

pps. i dont really dislike this new album as much as their old stuff. much less break-downy maybe shows some future promise, maybe ill even have to own teh next album if they continue to reduce the amount of breakdowns.
Akeldama has no more or less breakdowns than any of the abovementioned bands.

in fact far less than dying fetus or suffocation.

that said, if you dont like them, cool. Saying they are a 'breakdown' band however, is false.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #182
ss.orgy Regular

CornSyrup is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLogan View Post
I agree with this. The band is much more like Necrophagist than any generic "deathcore" band... They do have breakdowns, but not anywhere near as often as some of the dudes here would have you believe, and when they do have them they're almost never just plain open note chugging.

Other bands on the label have a lot of breakdowns... Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, and After The Burial... but with these three bands there's an obvious Meshuggah influence, with odd time sigs and a bunch of tempo changes... they usually have a lot of groove and keep the rhythms interesting... quite a bit different than the typical shitty metalcore breakdown...
+1 I find that there IS a difference between the typical and over done "chuga chug *dissonant* chg chug" and the polyrythmic/odd tempoed brutality and/or grooves the four bands mentioned above use in their material.
CornSyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #183
LOLKATYPERRYGUY

DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I thought Planetary duality was really boring. really just seemed like the same song 8 times with an interlude of feedback and movie quotes.
DrewsifStalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #184
Bassist of Redivider

Despised_0515 is a name known to allDespised_0515 is a name known to allDespised_0515 is a name known to allDespised_0515 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just gonna say, Michael Keene "Machine" for the ....ing win.
Despised_0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #185
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicerExciser View Post
Just gonna say, Michael Keene "Machine" for the ....ing win.

His playing is what got me into the more extreme stuff, and I've never looked back.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #186
Metal Teddy Bear

auxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizfi7 View Post
Its as if necrophagist and dream theater had sex and out popped the faceless.
I think everyone missed the truly funny part of this statement.
auxioluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #187
ss.org Addict

DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
THE FACELESS BANNED BY THE HOUSE OF BLUES

The Faceless banned by Anaheim House Of Blues // News // Lambgoat

SUCH BULLSHIT.
DevinShidaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #188
Banned

Anthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud of
WTF? Why? ....ing ....s!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #189
Banned

twiztedchild is a splendid one to beholdtwiztedchild is a splendid one to beholdtwiztedchild is a splendid one to beholdtwiztedchild is a splendid one to beholdtwiztedchild is a splendid one to behold
It is owned by Disney, that explains everything to me but why let Meshuggah play or the other band if you going to not let THE Faceless play? the kind of did this to the Group Insane CLown Posse back in 95 they released there CD called "The Great Milenko" and then the company told them they had to change there song "Piggy Pie" then aftert they did that Disney kicked them off the label and Stoped making those CDs. untill ICP got a deal with a different company it is stupid
twiztedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #190
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
SUPER-HANDSOME MOD EDIT:

[MASSIVE GODDAMN SARCASM TAG]Good, death metal is all talentless crap. Just some guy pretending to be a dog and some weirdos that think they can play guitar. Listen to some real music like Led Zep! Also Jimi Hendrix is the best guitarist ever. He can beat out all those crappy "shredders" especially holdsworth.

Also, dont neg me for this [/MASSIVE GODDAMN SARCASM TAG]
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #191
Banned

twiztedchild is a splendid one to beholdtwiztedchild is a splendid one to beholdtwiztedchild is a splendid one to beholdtwiztedchild is a splendid one to beholdtwiztedchild is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Good, death metal is all talentless crap. Just some guy pretending to be a dog and some weirdos that think they can play guitar. Listen to some real music like Led Zep! Also Jimi Hendrix is the best guitarist ever. He can beat out all those crappy "shredders" especially holdsworth.

Also, dont neg me for this
they do have more "Soul" when theyplayed then Deathmetal, but I have heard to much Hendrix and Zepp that I cant ....ing stand them now ....ing Seattle Radio DJs
twiztedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #192
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
That's shit on their part, they ban all the "evil" bands, such bullshit...
Zombie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #193
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztedchild View Post
they do have more "Soul" when theyplayed then Deathmetal, but I have heard to much Hendrix and Zepp that I cant ....ing stand them now ....ing Seattle Radio DJs
Damnit, you knew i was kidding

I was hoping for a bunch of anger and a nice long rant to read.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #194
The Canada

gatesofcarnage is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What the ....!

gatesofcarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #195
SS.org Regular

Breakdown is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bet they'd have no problem saying yes to some rapper asshole who talks about ....ing hookers and "gettin money"
Breakdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #196
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wow. What the .... could their reason be?

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #197
SS.org Regular

tian is just really nicetian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Well that's pretty stupid, but at least they'll still be playing at the show I'm going to see...
tian is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #198
Augmented Chords!

TonalArchitect is a glorious beacon of lightTonalArchitect is a glorious beacon of lightTonalArchitect is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Damnit, you knew i was kidding
The general inappropriateness was a first hint. The incessant whoring of Classic Rock-- *spits*-- was another. But the Holdsworth comment cemented it. He freakin' owns everyone.

But back on topic, this is ridiculous.

I'll just pull my santa hat down over my eyes and think about Batman fighting a bear. -TomAwesome
TonalArchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #199
Texas CEO / RHLC

st2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
....ing political BS.
st2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #200
Banned

ugmung has a spectacular aura about
i agree. what assholes.
ugmung is offline   Reply With Quote