homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gojira Track 'L'Enfant Sauvage' Streaming at Pitchfork!

Link below! Cannot wait for the album!

Gojira: "L'Enfant Sauvage" | Tracks | Pitchfork
Randy, sakeido, Al NiCotin and 5 others like this.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #2

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
A lot different than I thought it was going to be.

Good though.
nojyeloot likes this.

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
DLG
not guthrie govan

DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
DLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Rayaus is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Great song, can't wait to hear the whole album and most of all, see them live at the end of the Summer!
Rayaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
Bonitis.

Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The overall feel of some of the riffs combined with the vocals reminds me of Disillusion and that isn't a bad thing. Still not something I'd go out and buy but better than I was expecting.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
look at each other..

Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
pretty cool song. Highly Anticipating this album.

Unknown Doodl3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Randy, dreamermind and Duelbart like this.

http://www.facebook.com/BristolGuitars | https://soundcloud.com/nojyeloot

"If anyone speaks badly of you, live so that no one believes it."[/FONT]

nojyeloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #8
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
anybody got a mirror for this yet? every other song in this pitchfork thing works except this one!!

edit: YouTube mirror in case Pitchfork doesn't work. link dead already

SICK SICK SICK song
incredible mix. this is what metal is supposed to sound like

"Ah, she's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro" - ZB
Soundcloud - New clip April 19
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
ಠ_ಠ

Marv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to all
This grooves.so.....ing.hard.
Marv Attaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
awkward soul

datalore is a jewel in the rough
Incredible song! Truly inspiring.
datalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

piggins411 is just really nicepiggins411 is just really nice
Okay so I just got into this band not too long ago. I have Terra Icognita and I thought that was pretty good. How would you guys rank their albums? I typically try to get a band's best album last, so I want to know where to go next.

Also, badass track
piggins411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
This album is going to be amazing.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Nerd

Bigsby is just really niceBigsby is just really nice

it's too good

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggins411 View Post
Okay so I just got into this band not too long ago. I have Terra Icognita and I thought that was pretty good. How would you guys rank their albums? I typically try to get a band's best album last, so I want to know where to go next.
my personal list goes like this: from mars to sirius is my favorite, the way of all flesh, the link and then terra incognita

[T H_P]
Bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Any working youtube clips, or any other ios-friendly players? Soundcloud or something?

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
Any working youtube clips, or any other ios-friendly players? Soundcloud or something?
wow they wasted no time killin that YouTube link. sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggins411 View Post

Also, badass track
imo
1. From Mars to Sirius
2. The Way of All Flesh
3. The Link
4. Terra Incognita
but really you could just pair em up. From Mars/Way of All Flesh pretty much equally good, same for Link/Terra
Rayaus, Bigsby and Bigfan like this.

Unread 04-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #16
K K

isispelican is a jewel in the rough
this is some of the heaviest shit ever written!
isispelican is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

Mexi is just really niceMexi is just really nice
great track! really pumped for the new album now

My father warned me about the dangers of alcohol: "never make a martini with too much vermouth"
Mexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

NSXTypeZero will become famous soon enough
damn, great song
NSXTypeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
look at each other..

Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeido View Post

imo
1. From Mars to Sirius
2. The Way of All Flesh
3. The Link
4. Terra Incognita
but really you could just pair em up. From Mars/Way of All Flesh pretty much equally good, same for Link/Terra
I agree with the ranking, particularly FMTS being first. It's pretty early, but if there's similar quality riffs/songs on this album, combined with the amazing production, I think this might be their best yet.

Unknown Doodl3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
lover of fine woods

mphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeido View Post

imo
1. The Way of All Flesh
2. From Mars to Sirius
3. The Link
4. Terra Incognita

First time I saw them they opened for LOG on the Sacrament tour. Needless to say, every act to follow was
mphsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #21
Is a Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphsc View Post
First time I saw them they opened for LOG on the Sacrament tour. Needless to say, every act to follow was
yup me too. I had written them off as just another death metal band, walked in late. just caught the intro to Heaviest Matter of the Universe.. after that pinch harmonic in the intro, that was that hahah

their last tour was even better. them headlining with Car Bomb opening.. saw them at a small club here in Calgary. as good as Gojira is recorded, live they are even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Doodl3.2 View Post
I agree with the ranking, particularly FMTS being first. It's pretty early, but if there's similar quality riffs/songs on this album, combined with the amazing production, I think this might be their best yet.
I'm really excited for the album.. I was before already, but after this song I am even more psyched. Gojira is so good at evoking moods and feelings with their songs.. they are heavy sounding but don't always just go for heavy feelings. They are extremely talented musicians but they never let it upstage their compositions. They have this otherworldly feeling to their stuff.. but man! there is still so much to come. So many clips from the studio vids that have no context yet... I really want to hear the song with Mario drumming on the steel door

Unread 04-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #22
Got a 7

Randyrhoads123 is a jewel in the rough
This is pretty awesome. Definitely sounds like Gojira should sound. Can wait to pick this one up!
Randyrhoads123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
Sauvage

TheFerryMan is a jewel in the rough
welp. My balls dropped again.
Opeth666, BabUShka and Metal_Webb like this.

"TERATOPHOBIA" is an unusual fear of giving birth to a monster.

twitter.com/hailthered follow me on twitter, i say stuff.

I'm not trying to push my album of on anybody, but i am. it's Free(unless you want to donate) ! get at it http://hailthered.bandcamp.com/
TheFerryMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #24
Deadite

Larrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Money. I'm super excited for this album and the DVD.

Victims of Contagion
Our Facebook page

Kemper(s) all up in this piece
Larrikin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #25
Kassandrian Dreams

Scattered Messiah is just really niceScattered Messiah is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

SO GOOD!
I am really digging the dynamics and the slow opening of the palmmutes in the "melodic" part
Scattered Messiah is online now   Reply With Quote