homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Necris

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

Windwaker is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AUTOCATALYTICA (Progressive/Avant/Djent Metal)

Autocatalytica strives to seamlessly tread a vast expanse of musical territory with it's progressive music, while still remaining true in it's passion for metal. In age where stagnation and repetition are the norm, Autocatalytica puts unbridled fury in a whole new light.

Check out some tunes at Autocatalytica | Facebook .

More than happy to talk to all of you guys as well. My name's Elijah Melanson, and I'm guitarist for yonder band. Some of you may be familiar with my other work, and if you are, I can guarantee you'll enjoy getting your ears puked into by Autocatalytica.
Windwaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to all
What on earth does the word Autocatalytica mean?
ilyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Bandspamia: Generic Djent!

NIIICEEE
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

spawnofthesith is just really nicespawnofthesith is just really nice
-shrug- I thought it was pretty groovy
spawnofthesith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Bandspamia: Generic Djent!

NIIICEEE
Aw, shucks. I can understand you hating on me for this being my first post in this community, writing me off as someone who will never contribute to the community, but labeling our music generic? You must have the most extraordinarily avant-garde taste for this to come across as remotely generic or ordinary. (and by all means, share. I'd love to get my ears on some sweet weird-metal tunes) Or it could be that you just didn't listen and chose to be unnecessarily mean on the internets where you can be a tuffguy.

Autocatalytica was chosen because to us the extraordinarily dense and spastic music evokes the nature of an autocatalytic, or self perpetuating, reaction.
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Glanced at name: thought it was Apocalyptica. Was excited for a second
TemjinStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinStrife View Post
Glanced at name: thought it was Apocalyptica. Was excited for a second
Baw, sorry mate. But there IS violin on space punk, so almost?
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to all
I figure if anyone has been or is going to be mean to you it has a lot to do with that band photo.
ilyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyti View Post
I figure if anyone has been or is going to be mean to you it has a lot to do with that band photo.
Understandable I guess, if you only like to see SrrSBssnss musicians in your metal bands. I should probably tweak it up so it looks a wee bit less "scene" or hardcore or whatever the kids are saying these days. Thanks for the insight though!
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I would like to introduce you to a simple musical concept that seems to be largely ignored in the modern metal scene...

The Rest
:

I genuinely love avant-garde music in all of its forms but this is just overbearing and badly arranged. I listened to a few of your songs and each time I couldn't help but feel that each song should have ended about 4 minutes prior, a few rests interspersed throughout the crazy riffs and various genre shifts would do the songs I heard a world of good.
Kurkkuviipale likes this.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #11
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
I would like to introduce you to a simple musical concept that seems to be largely ignored in the modern metal scene...

The Rest
:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb...ccmno1_500.png

I genuinely love avant-garde music in all of its forms but this is just overbearing and badly arranged. I listened to a few of your songs and each time I couldn't help but feel that each song should have ended about 4 minutes prior, a few rests interspersed throughout the crazy riffs and various genre shifts would do the songs I heard a world of good.

Zing! The album is called Horror Vaccui for a reason. But noted. The newer material is going in a more concentrated direction, as opposed to Puketicus, a song written to be as dickish and note-y as humanly possible.
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I didn't even notice the album title. Now the writing style makes sense. But rests could still work within the concept the album title describes.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote