homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
A website has stolen, and is now selling my music... advise?

Buy Tempus Fusion To End It All mp3 music. Cheap Tempus Fusion To End It All mp3 downloads

Iv seen this site on here once before (I think) and wasn't sure if there was anything I could do. I doubt it but is worth bringing up in case you guys have any ideas?

They got my mates band too.
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yeah Josh posted this earlier. I have no idea what you can do man. You can email to advise them to take the music down i guess. Are you a member of PRS? They should be able to do something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

thedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
its Russian. good luck
thedownside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
Jan
SS.org Regular

Jan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedownside View Post
its Russian. good luck
Bummer. I can personally understand people who share your music for free, even though it's piracy. I myself download quite a lot of stuff, but try to buy albums from the bands I like. But SELLING stolen music?! That's just wrong!
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Yeah I doubted there would be anything to do about it. I remember this site coming up from another member here but couldnt remember what came out of it.

Ah well
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Left a nice little lovenote.
thrashcomics likes this.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wow, yeah you cant do much if its Russian unfortunately. :/
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Unread 04-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

beneharris is just really nicebeneharris is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
me too. maybe if enough people post on there bringing it up, it will sway people away from buying it.

good luck getting this sorted out man
beneharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry Im a noob, but, why can't anything be done if its russian ? do they not have any piracy laws there ?
Also apparently these douche nozzles are stealing RedSeasFire's music as well
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
ss.org Regular

Painhawg is on a distinguished road
I suppose it was a matter of time before scumbags would try to make money on stolen downloads. Maybe they have for a long time, but first I have heard of it.

Make a song and embed a virus in it for them
Painhawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

Breakdown is a jewel in the rough
They did it to RSF too apparently
Breakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
Jan
SS.org Regular

Jan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt397 View Post
Sorry Im a noob, but, why can't anything be done if its russian ? do they not have any piracy laws there ?
Also apparently these douche nozzles are stealing RedSeasFire's music as well
Well, I guess their piracy laws are just as good as their "democracy"...

Don't get me wrong, love me some Russian bands and ordinary Russian people. But the way this country works -
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Deathspell Omega is new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Well, I guess their piracy laws are just as good as their "democracy"...

Don't get me wrong, love me some Russian bands and ordinary Russian people. But the way this country works -
This ! And take their justice system for example. It`s not comparable to ours. Russia has some very cool bands though.
Deathspell Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #15
Gegen England!

LamaSabachthani will become famous soon enough
Beyond that, how would you go about enforcing it? File a case in Russian court? It's not impossible or unheard of for foreign courts to be asked to enforce judgments rendered in American courts, but whether or not you have any capability of enforcing your proprietary rights in an American court is a different question. I don't know that much (truth be told) about conflicts of law so I can't tell you, but best of luck!
LamaSabachthani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #16
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamaSabachthani View Post
Beyond that, how would you go about enforcing it? File a case in Russian court? It's not impossible or unheard of for foreign courts to be asked to enforce judgments rendered in American courts, but whether or not you have any capability of enforcing your proprietary rights in an American court is a different question. I don't know that much (truth be told) about conflicts of law so I can't tell you, but best of luck!
I don't think he needs help from an American court.

The best you can do, TimSE, is contact a lawyer. You'll probably be able to find one who will give you a free consultation and layout some options for you.

At the end of the day, there's likely not much you can really do. Just take solace that any real fans of your music, and those worth having, will likely buy your music, and not get it from here. Just be sure to get the word out to your fans that this site isn't legit.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #17
S-O
t(-.-t)

S-O is just really niceS-O is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Join a Performance Rights Organizations! See if they have offices over there.
S-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #18
fps
Kit

fps is a jewel in the rough
I mean, the internet allows everyone to take other peope's music for free, why shouldn't it allow them then to try and sell it to people who aren't clever enough to realise they can just take it for free?

Stream our AWESOME ROCK ALBUM Supervolcano ----------------> http://deathapedisco.bandcamp.com/album/supervolcano
https://www.facebook.com/DeathApeDisco
fps is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #19
Comfortably Dumb

Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
If you have enough bribe money on hand, you might convince "the long arm of the law" to do something, but yeah. It's Russia, so otherwise just forget it. Sad but true.
Loomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:16 AM   #20
SS.org Regular

Edika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of light
Left a comment there too. If you are not signed with a label (which seems to be the case because they would be after them) you can post a comment and do it continuously stating that you are a member of this band, they are stealing your music and give them a link to buy/download for free (depending on your goal for this music) from you.

New songs from my band Semic Stains up at:

http://www.myspace.com/semicstains

Check 'em out!
Edika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #21
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Its Russia. Forget it. some russian websites where hosting our music previously, I talked to a few lawyers nonetheless, but everyone confirmed me: "forget it".
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:22 AM   #22
Fretboard Acrobat

ChrisRushing is a jewel in the rough
I am not familiar with your band and I mean no disrespect but how many of your fans is this really going to affect? I completely understand how this act of piracy can make you feel. In the past we had completed albums show up on Russian blog/pirate sites before our own band members even had a completed copy in our hands. I was able to download my own music before the label's box of cds even made it to us through the postal system? It is definitely an indicator of the times. It was upsetting for a little bit but eventually you just had to stop caring or at least thinking about it. Best of luck dude!
ChrisRushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #23
DLG
not guthrie govan

DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
in soviet russia, your music sells you
USMarine75 likes this.
DLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #24
Fretboard Acrobat

ChrisRushing is a jewel in the rough
Ironically they are selling one of our older albums as well......

Buy Canvas Solaris mp3 music, download Canvas Solaris mp3 music online

as well as the Terrorizer Magazine Disc that we were featured on a few years ago.....LMAO
ChrisRushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #25
ss.org Regular

Cyanide_one is on a distinguished road
Sucks.
But unless your band is already fairly popular, you probably have worse things to worry about than your bands music being circulated for free on the internet - at least the word is getting around aye?
Cyanide_one is offline   Reply With Quote