homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #51
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopyalligator View Post
Somebody just ordered the 250 dollar vinyl package. THIS GUY!!!
R...really?

I envy your financial status then
Konfyouzd likes this.

(“・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #52
Sleep on, Fly on

GSingleton is just really niceGSingleton is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I love older circa survive and all of anthony's things like the first Saosin album.
Konfyouzd likes this.

Music Facebook: www.facebook.com/grsingleton
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/gsingleton

Me:You could djent using a toothpick and aluminum foil.
Michael T: Aluminum + Djent = Alumidjent
Didn't Lace already do this....hmmmm
GSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #53
Hūrkel

Biison is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love Circa Survive. I love Esao Andrews. I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Minds.

LSHMSFOAIDMT - Laughing So Hard My Sombrero Falls Off And I Drop My Taco
Biison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #54
(“・ω・`)

butterschnapps is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My ex got me into CS, I'm a pretty huge fan, still got the Appendages EP in the shrink wrap and a few shirts and a hoody. Only problem with ordering merch is that their store may dick up and charge you twice. I've been trying to get a refund for the second charge for the last 3 or 4 months now. topspinmedia hasn't been any help.

Anthony's solo work is pretty good, I stronly prefer Avalon over his other CD. Something about the new one is just too meh...ya know?
If only I could've gotten the CD signed D:
butterschnapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #55
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
i haven't heard them before, so i checked out a random one of the videos, and i almost fell out of my chair when the guy started singing. where did THAT come from?! he looked like he was gunna have a deeper voice, hahah! i mean, he's insanely good, but his voice doesn't sound like it belongs to him!

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #56
(“・ω・`)

Yeah, that's one of the first things I noticed about the band. I thought the singer was a female, and it was my ex's favorite band and I assumed she was a feminist. She never mentioned that though, and didn't appear to be, even though she turned into a nutjob...not that feminists are all nutjobs or that the two are even related, but yeah.
Unread 06-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #57

JakeRI is just really niceJakeRI is just really nice
I love circa. saw them several times and anthony was spot on. its the independence of the guitars that i really dig.

JakeRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #58
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Looks like all of the 750 dollar pre orders are sold out.

My main setup:
Ibanez uv7bk green dot, Engl fireball 60, genz benz g flex 2x12.
poopyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #59
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to behold
Looks like all of the 250 dollar preorders are gone also. That is pretty crazy.

My main setup:
Unread 06-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #60
What's a Panini?

eventhetrees is just really niceeventhetrees is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not trying to start an argument/fight/bashwar but these comments about Anthony being mistaken for a girl when he starts singing, really!? Other than his high register there's little to nothing that makes him sound like a girl, his tone is clearly of a male. Maybe it's just me being used to and a huge fan of higher singing but meh! ANYWAYS.

Super stoked about this new album. Self-produced, I'm sensing some vibes from the first 2 albums (I loved Blue Sky but Juturna is a masterpiece). Funny they recorded Blue Sky here in Toronto, and I know they haven't toured in a year but even the new tour doesn't come back here

If you have a minute please check out my most recent EP - TANUKI here:

http://www.eventhetrees.bandcamp.com

Any form of support is welcomed and appreciated

eventhetrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #61
Dr.Poopyalligator

Heck yeah. I thought Jaturna and on letting go were two very distinctly amazing albums. I liked blue sky noise, but not quite as much as the other two.
Sikthness likes this.

My main setup:
Unread 06-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #62
(“・ω・`)

It's all about the Inuit Sessions.
Unread 07-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #63
2[H]4U

m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just picked up the Appendage EP, loving it. Circa is quickly becoming my favorite band of all time!

poopyalligator likes this.
m3ta1head is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #64
Intellect's Minion

GTailly is just really niceGTailly is just really nice
New song. Song Premiere: Circa Survive, 'Sharp Practice' | Music News | Rolling Stone

"The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice." - George Eliot
GTailly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #65
SS.org Regular

ScottyB724 is a jewel in the rough
Bump for the official release of Violent Waves, today!

I've been spinning it non stop for the past couple of days and I think it's my favorite work by them yet. You can really tell this was their vision since they did it all themselves without any producer present. I still loved the direction they took with BSN but this new one is really a magnificent combination of all their previous sounds wrapped up in one beautiful and haunting display.

I can't wait to get my Vinyl in the mail but it looks like they had some really bad luck with the manufacturing of the CD's and the Vinyl's, here is their post from today:

Quote:
Greetings beautiful Circa fans,
Today is a bittersweet day. We are releasing what we feel to be our best record to date and could not be more proud & excited to share it with you all. That is the sweet part. Unfortunately as we stated previously there were some unexpected issues on the manufacturing end and due to even further error on the part of the plant, all physical orders are in a state of delay.

With that said we are doing everything in our power to speed this process up and get you all your precious goodies as fast as possible. You guys are always our number one priority and it breaks our hearts that due to the errors of a third party you won't have your packages on time. Ironically this sort of thing is the very essence of why we chose to do this on our own! Unfortunately we don't have a CD/record factory at the creek house yet...

We expect an approximate delay of 1 week on these and yes this affects copies in stores as well. It's a huge bummer for us but we know we can count on your patience and understanding as always. Please know how much we appreciate your love and support. If you ordered directly from us, you should all have received your digital download of the album by now and if for some reason you haven't please email info@circasurvive.com and we will make sure you get it immediately. The album is also available on iTunes, AmazonMP3, Rdio, or Rhapsody if you'd like to get it from there instead.

No one ever said this would be easy and we have always been up for the hardships that come along with releasing an album this way. We are more motivated than ever to go out and rock your faces off in a couple of weeks!

Violent Waves are here. Tell the world.

We love you and will see you soon!

xoxo
circa
Stoked as .... to see them for a 5th time this October.
ScottyB724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #66
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Yeah, I almost went out to the store up in NH to pick it up but it's a good thing I didn't now. Snagged it off of iTunes but have yet to listen to it.

(“・ω・`)

Unread 08-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #67
Avant Temporal

right_to_rage is just really niceright_to_rage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Blue Sky Noise is one of my favourite albums of recent memory. The production is so clear and I love his voice, along with the really cool instrumentation, and awesome etherial effects. The songs are so catchy, and I would imagine they'd be great if you just got dumped or broke it off with someone
Semichastny likes this.
right_to_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #68
SS.org Regular

Semichastny has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by right_to_rage View Post
Blue Sky Noise is one of my favourite albums of recent memory. The production is so clear and I love his voice, along with the really cool instrumentation, and awesome etherial effects. The songs are so catchy, and I would imagine they'd be great if you just got dumped or broke it off with someone
+1
Semichastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #69
MFB
ExBendable

Man, this feels so tame compared to BSN I miss that explosion of energy and just in your face sound that they have/had.

(“・ω・`)

Unread 08-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #70
SS.org Regular

nsimonsen is a jewel in the rough
Calling it now..................Violent Waves is the record of 2012.

So blown away, have followed this band for so long. I got to work with them at the start of the year on Soundwave tour and they are all such genuinely lovely people and incredible musicians and performers.
nsimonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #71
Bring the gain

MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I haven't been an avid listener of Circa Survive for very long, but I have followed Anthony since his Saosin days. Circa didn't really click right away, but after having a sit-down session with Blue Sky Noise, I am absolutely in love. Waiting on my paycheck this week to pick up Violent Waves. I just love Anthony as a person because he's so genuine. It also helps that his music is ....ing amazing.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #72
dissonance

Recreant is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
I approve of this thread 100%
word. I've been listening to them for years. They're so great.

Recreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #73
SS.org Regular

traditional will become famous soon enough
This band = my life.
Loved Saosin with Anthony in it, heard he left, listened to Circa, couldn't be happier that he left Saosin haha.
Can't wait to get Violent Waves, all the comments in this thread make the wait so much harder.
traditional is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #74
Awesome-O

Guitarmiester is just really niceGuitarmiester is just really nice
I saw Circa in Philly when I went back home last week. Great show and I'll catch them in Denver in October. They played a lot of the new material and a nice selection of older songs that I didn't expect to hear. The new songs are more mellow than even Blue Sky Noise, but I'm sure they'll grow on me once the album is out and I can listen through.
Guitarmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #75
working up to 7...

chewpac is a jewel in the rough
at first i wasn't sure about this record. suitcase is a beautiful track.

i've given it a couple listens now and it's definitely growing on me. there are some incredible moments on the record. really beautiful writing, and some stellar arrangements.

i'm a big BSN fan, and this album feels quite a bit different than that one. in this case, i think it's a good thing, as each record has its own identity and vibe. i'll still be absorbing this one for the next couple of weeks.

already got tix for their show in buffalo in october. stoked.

between this and minus the bear, it's been a good week for new music!
chewpac is offline   Reply With Quote