homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #26

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Var - Russell and Arjen, just mix so well together. They are just awesome, I was hoping to see another Star One tour, and coming to the States. But I guess that'll never happen. Due to a variety of reasons.

Has anybody watched this vid on how Arjen produces his awesome guitar sound, him playing a 7 string baritione as well.

BTW New song clip!

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #27
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damned Arjen.. *plays the arps from Chaos*, oh yeah guys, I stopped practicing years and years ago, so you can all eat your hat as I am still better than a lot of you
Xiphos68 likes this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #28
SS.org Regular

Repner is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyti View Post
Lori isn't playing guitar actively anymore. She's Arjen's personal manager now. The last album she played on was Guilt Machine.
I'm sure her boyfriend will get her playing on his stuff again eventually. She has a really great style
Repner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to all
^ Yeah I hope so!

I really hope Arjen does *some* touring for this album. There's really no reason not to. There is a relatively small album personnel that he'd have to take on the road, so it's doable.
ilyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #30
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Has anyone in the US received their pre-ordered copy? They shipped almost a week ago.
elq is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #31
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elq View Post
Has anyone in the US received their pre-ordered copy? They shipped almost a week ago.
I only just got mine yesterday, so I imagine it'll take a bit longer for you. It's always a tease when the Dutch members of his forum are talking about their copies everytime he releases a new album

EDIT:
- to the Netherlands: 1-3 working days from shipping date

- to EU and Europe: 2-11 working days from shipping date

- to all other countries: 4-21 Working days from shipping date.
elq likes this.
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:20 AM   #32
SS.org Regular

beneharris is just really nicebeneharris is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
is this cd about the Mr. L from 01011001? I'm referring to lost in the new world, btw

the song has a few of the same sounding melodies as the song he's in on that cd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6foW8QXyUg

also, after reading what he had written on that video, it seems like arjen just has a ton of fun making music. you can tell that from the video, i'd love to see him doing his thing in real life
beneharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #33

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
is this cd about the Mr. L from 01011001?

I didn't even think about that, he is in the Ayreon albums isn't he?

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Unread 04-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #34
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphos68 View Post
I didn't even think about that, he is in the Ayreon albums isn't he?
yeah he is. i think he is "dreaming" of the characters from 01
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #35

Quote:
yeah he is. i think he is "dreaming" of the characters from 01
This is going to be interesting, and watch this be a whole new album be a new plot to Ayreon. It would be awesome!

In all honesty though, I don't even understand the whole Ayreon story to begin with.

Just what the basic albums are about.

Unread 04-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #36
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphos68 View Post
This is going to be interesting, and watch this be a whole new album be a new plot to Ayreon. It would be awesome!

In all honesty though, I don't even understand the whole Ayreon story to begin with.

Just what the basic albums are about.
yeah, they all interconnect somehow, but the specifics are well beyond me

hmm I'm going to have to do a bit of Googling and see how this connects!

as good as 01 is of a CD, that has one of the worst songs I have ever heard. the newborn race one.
Unread 04-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #37
SS.org Regular

Quote:
is this cd about the Mr. L from 01011001? I'm referring to lost in the new world, btw

also, after reading what he had written on that video, it seems like arjen just has a ton of fun making music. you can tell that from the video, i'd love to see him doing his thing in real life
After hearing the album, I don't think it is. (slight Ayreon spoilers ahead)

In the Ayreon universe, mankind dies out on Earth in 2084, and finally on Mars in 2085. Lost in the New Real is basically about what the world might be like if we saw it hundreds of years in the future.

Mr. L is probably just a name Arjen uses for himself in these stories (Mr. Lucassen)
Unread 04-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #38
SS.org Regular

Quote:
yeah, they all interconnect somehow, but the specifics are well beyond me

hmm I'm going to have to do a bit of Googling and see how this connects!

as good as 01 is of a CD, that has one of the worst songs I have ever heard. the newborn race one.
It helps when you think of how each album fits in.

The Final Experiment is about a blind minstrel in Arthurian times who experiences visions that the end of the world will happen in 2084 due to war, dependency on technology, and natural disasters, and attempts to to find a way to warn people.

Into the Electric Castle is basically one big experiment by Forever to examine human nature.

Universal Migrator 1 & 2 connects those two together. The blind minstrel Ayreon turns out to be one of the dreamers "preincarnations" (Carried By The Wind), and the second disc shows how the universe began and the origins of Forever on Planet Y.

The Human Equation could almost be a seperate story altogether, until the end when you find out the whole thing was another experiment by Forever using the Dream Sequencer.

01011001 answers the whole question of who Forever is. Forever has advanced to the point that they're now completely dependent on machines, and have achieved immortality at the expense of their own feelings and emotions. Forever realise that life isn't worth living without those things, so they travel to Earth via comet, destroying the dinosaurs in the process (The Fifth Extinction), laying the seeds for the human race.

Forever speed up the humans evolution so they can "feel" again through the humans experiences, and in an attempt to gain their own emotions again. However Forever eventually realise that humans are starting to develop a dependency on machines as well, and are starting to head in the same direction Forever did, which eventually leads to 2084, and the Sixth Extinction.
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #39
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repner View Post
It helps when you think of how each album fits in.

The Final Experiment is about a blind minstrel in Arthurian times who experiences visions that the end of the world will happen in 2084 due to war, dependency on technology, and natural disasters, and attempts to to find a way to warn people.

Into the Electric Castle is basically one big experiment by Forever to examine human nature.

Universal Migrator 1 & 2 connects those two together. The blind minstrel Ayreon turns out to be one of the dreamers "preincarnations" (Carried By The Wind), and the second disc shows how the universe began and the origins of Forever on Planet Y.

The Human Equation could almost be a seperate story altogether, until the end when you find out the whole thing was another experiment by Forever using the Dream Sequencer.

01011001 answers the whole question of who Forever is. Forever has advanced to the point that they're now completely dependent on machines, and have achieved immortality at the expense of their own feelings and emotions. Forever realise that life isn't worth living without those things, so they travel to Earth via comet, destroying the dinosaurs in the process (The Fifth Extinction), laying the seeds for the human race.

Forever speed up the humans evolution so they can "feel" again through the humans experiences, and in an attempt to gain their own emotions again. However Forever eventually realise that humans are starting to develop a dependency on machines as well, and are starting to head in the same direction Forever did, which eventually leads to 2084, and the Sixth Extinction.
I would say that in the final experiment, it is not that he is the guy that was in the dream sequencer so much as he is the guy who heard the time telepathy message (from E=mc^2 in 01011001). Whether the dream sequencer guy saw it or not, is irrelevant as he is only witnessing the acts, until becoming the migrator.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #40
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
I would say that in the final experiment, it is not that he is the guy that was in the dream sequencer so much as he is the guy who heard the time telepathy message (from E=mc^2 in 01011001). Whether the dream sequencer guy saw it or not, is irrelevant as he is only witnessing the acts, until becoming the migrator.
I know. I never implied it was the Dreamer that gave him the message (if that's what you mean). I just mentioned it because it was one of the things that tied TFE to the main plot
Unread 05-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #41
SS.org Regular

Audio interview about the new album

Interview – Arjen Anthony Lucassen KSSU The Blog