homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree210Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
New Fear Factory tour and poster

Los Angeles, California: Fear Factory today confirms their first tour dates for 2012. Set to begin in San Antonio on May 1, the tour’s initial dates include stops in Dallas, Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore, and Denver among others. Joining Fear Factory for the tour is Boston’s Shadows Fall, Kansas City-based The Browning, Riverside, California’s The Devastated, and Legacy of Disorder from New Zealand. The tour will precede the release of Fear Factory’s new album titled The Industrialist.

Fear Factory recently announced the addition of bass player Matt DeVries. The Ohio native previously noted, “I have been asked to join one of my favorite bands. I have been a fan of Fear Factory since 1992 and I could not be more excited to be part of this incredible band.” Guitarist Dino Cazares and vocalist Burton C. Bell noted, “we are very excited to have Matt playing bass for Fear Factory. We feel he is a great addition to our touring line-up. He has been a friend for a very long time and he is a great musician who will be a perfect instrument in the FF machine.”

With rehearsals for the tour expected to start soon, the members of Fear Factory are finishing details on their forthcoming new album expected for release early summer. Greg Reely has now completed the album’s mix. All that remains is final artwork and packaging. Regarding the new material, Cazares and Bell affirm, “this album perfectly captures the true nature of Fear Factory. The industrial/metal blend is a strong return to our original concept for Fear Factory."

The Industrialist follows 2010’s critically acclaimed Mechanize. Blabbermouth said, “this is the album fans have been waiting for…a fiery and evolved rebirth of the band that changed metal in the ’90s.” Revolver Magazine called Mechanize, “one of the best albums of the band’s career. Its combination of new-wave melody, rapid-fire aggression, and electronic ambiance sounds as fresh today as Fear Factory did nearly 20 years ago. Call it the soul of their new machine.” Decibel Magazine noted, “Fear Factory are back and beyond intact.”

Confirmed dates as of press time are:
May 1 – Backstage Live, San Antonio TX
May 2 – Trees, Dallas TX
May 3 – Scout Bar, Houston TX
May 5 – State Theater, St. Petersburg FL
May 6 – Culture Room, Ft. Lauderdale FL
May 9 – Ziggy’s, Winston-Salem NC
May 10 – Theater of Living Arts, Philadelphia PA
May 11 – Wally’s Pub, Hampton Beach NH
May 12 – Gramercy Theatre, New York NY
May 13 – Sonar, Baltimore MD
May 16 – The Crofoot Ballroom, Pontiac MI
May 20 – Summit Music Hall, Denver CO

Very excited to see they'll be at Backstage Live in San Antonio, that place is freaking awesome.

EDIT: Just got the tour poster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (827.4 KB, 272 views)

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No good metal bands ever come to Louisiana.
HeHasTheJazzHands is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
San Diego date??

I really hope can snag the opening spot for them in San Diego this time, they are promoting their new album "The Industrialist" we are San Diego's only Industrial band...

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
Poland CEO / RHLC ©

Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.
Great news
Texas dates =
Blake1970 likes this.

S7Figures.DeviantArt.com - Metal Figures!
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMB13 View Post
San Diego date??

I really hope can snag the opening spot for them in San Diego this time, they are promoting their new album "The Industrialist" we are San Diego's only Industrial band...
Dates aren't finalized yet, hope you get that spot!

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
This is great news! There is a Michigan date so I'm excited!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
ALL HAIL DJOD

Just received the poster, it's on the opening post.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Unread 02-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
So epic.

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
Custom Shop

Jinogalpa is just really niceJinogalpa is just really nice
whats up with Byron ?
Fear Factory change members faster than Dino is chugging his riffs
Jinogalpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
ALL HAIL DJOD

Byron left to go play with 3 Inches of Blood.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Unread 02-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
ALL HAIL DJOD

The next press release just hit the interwebz.

"Candlelight Records today confirms June 5 as the North American release date for FEAR FACTORY's new album, The Industrialist. Produced by the band with Rhys Fulber (Front Line Assembly), the album was mixed by Greg Reely (Paradise Lost/Skinny Puppy/Machine Head). It features additional tracking by Logan Mader (Gojira/Divine Heresy/Five Finger Death Punch) and artwork by Anthony Clarkson (Devin Townsend).

The Industrialist is a conceptual album that brings to life a story scripted by vocalist Burton C. Bell. The album's lyrics detail the plot of the original narrative while delivering FEAR FACTORY's massive signature sound. Bell reveals, "the album is a futuristic tale of an automaton, striving to survive by fighting for its existence within a desperate world. The lyrics tell the story while the music takes our industrial roots and blends them more perfectly than ever with our metal edge. And all without losing the sound that makes FEAR FACTORY a machine of sonic devastation. FEAR FACTORY fans of any era will not be disappointed."

Clocking in at just under one hour, the album's ten songs again unite Bell with guitarist Dino Cazares. It is the second album written by the duo, reuniting in 2009 after a seven year split. Cazares says, "collaborating with Burton again on the new album was like magic. Everything just fell into place naturally. It felt good to recapture the true sound of FEAR FACTORY, taking it back to where it all started while raising it to new levels."

The Industrialist again pairs FEAR FACTORY with long-time friend Rhys Fulber. Their collaborations together include five albums and two remixes, including the certified gold album Obsolete. "Rhys has been our secret member," shares Cazares. "He is the one producer who has been able to understand what we have been trying to accomplish from the beginning and has opened our eyes to new things without sacrificing our original sound. His talents in production and keyboard/samples has made FEAR FACTORY stand out amongst the many bands of our genre."

The Industrialist follows the 2010 release of Mechanize. Widely regarded, the album was the first release from the band in six years and the first new material from the nucleus of Bell and Cazares since 2002. The album debuted on Billboard's Top 100 album chart week of release and continues to sell in early 2012. Sirus XM/Headbangers Ball's host Jose Mangin comments, “after Mechanize dominated 2010 as Liquid Metal’s Album Of The Year, North America is chompin’ at the bit to get an ear full of new FEAR FACTORY. I have no doubt that FEAR FACTORY are going to kick our collective asses in 2012."

Revolver editor Brandon Geist adds, "in the '90s, FEAR FACTORY's founding duo of Burton C. Bell and Dino Cazares changed the sound of metal, from the way that metal vocalists sing to the way that metal and electronic music can be fused together. With 2010's reunion album, Mechanize, their partnership proved to be as lethal as ever. Though 2012 promises plenty of massive heavy-music releases, there isn't a record that I'm looking forward to more than The Industrialist."

Head of Agile Gestapo

Unread 02-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #12
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awesome! but no CA dates.. yet?

Randall V2 / Titan + RS412XLT100
Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen, OLP MM5 bass

http://www.soundcloud.com/wookieslayer
My Youtube channel - Gear demos and stuff
Wookieslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

great_kthulu is just really nice
not gona lie, i'm not a huge fear factory fan, but I get the feeling they come across great live. Also, I am very interested in hearing a concept album from them, somehow it makes sense to me.
kn1feparty likes this.
great_kthulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by great_kthulu View Post
I am very interested in hearing a concept album from them, somehow it makes sense to me.
Of course it does. Over half of their discography (not even including The Industrialist) are concept albums.
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #15
Poland CEO / RHLC ©

Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.
Yeah June 5th !!!!

oh wait.. it's 96 days

I guess I'll have to find something that'll keep me busy the next 3 months

Unread 03-01-2012, 01:20 AM   #16
SS Contributor

Chiba666 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Must make sure I preorder that Puppy and give myslef the evening off to spin the album for a few hours.

http://soundcloud.com/
bloodrust-music
Chiba666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #17
Specter

linchpin is just really nicelinchpin is just really nice
Man... with each day and piece of news that comes out is making me even more desperate for this... and no i don't wanna seek help!
linchpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #18
SS.org Regular

Xarn is a jewel in the rough
Can't wait for the new album.

All I know is you can't go wrong with Dino, Burton and Rhys collaborating on any album really. Let alone add Gene & Matt to that list.

STOKED!

Mudpusher - Swedish Groove Metal

Follow us on YouTube

Like us on Facebook

Xarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #19
Banned

Mazzy can only hope to improve
I'll probably be at the Winston Salem show. See ya there!
Mazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #20
OMNIHILITY

ShadowFactoryX is just really niceShadowFactoryX is just really nice
i like the return to form with the lyrics and story

but that is a god awful lineup for that tour.
still hope they come to town though

I like my guitar tone like I like my women, perfect rounded bottom end, cut in the mid section, heavy on the top end, and super tight.

Omnium - Atmospheric/Trance/Ambient
ShadowFactoryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #21
ALL HAIL DJOD

Updated tour dates, I don't think they're done yet but don't quote me on it:

05/01 San Antonio, TX – Backstage Live
05/02 Dallas, TX – Trees
05/03 Houston, TX – Scout Bar
05/05 St. Petersburg, FL – State Theater
05/06 Ft Lauderdale, FL – Culture Room
05/07 Atlanta, GA – Masquerade
05/09 Winston-Salem, NC – Ziggy’s
05/10 Philadelphia, PA – Theater Of Living Arts
05/11 Hampton Beach, NH – Wally’s Pub
05/12 New York, NY – Gramercy Theatre
05/13 Baltimore, MD – Sonar
05/15 Dayton, OH – McGuffy’s House Of Rock
05/16 Pontiac, MI – The Crofoot Ballroom
05/17 Chicago, IL – Bottom Lounge
05/20 Denver, CO – Summit Music Hall
05/23 Santa Ana, CA – Yost Theater

Head of Agile Gestapo

Unread 03-02-2012, 04:17 AM   #22
Poland CEO / RHLC ©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Updated tour dates, I don't think they're done yet but don't quote me on it:
They have some more US dates on their facebook page:
May 01 Backstage Live San Antonio, TX
May 02 Trees Dallas, TX
May 03 Scout Bar Houston, TX
May 05 State Theater St Petersburg, FL
May 06 Culture Room Fort Lauderdale, FL
May 07 Masquerade Atlanta, GA
May 09 Ziggy's Winston Salem, NC
May 10 Theater of Living Arts Philadelphia, PA
May 11 Wally's Pub Hampton, NH
May 12 Gramercy Theatre New York, NY
May 13 Sonar Baltimore, MD
May 15 McGuffy's House of Rock Dayton, OH
May 16 The Crofoot Ballroom Pontiac, MI
May 17 Bottom Lounge Chicago, IL
May 19 Summit Music Hall Denver, CO
May 21 Ace of Spade Sacramento, CA
May 22 Regency Ballroom San Francisco, CA
May 23 Yost Theater Santa Ana, CA

Unread 03-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #23
Specter

linchpin is just really nicelinchpin is just really nice
I've somehow managed to get a rough idea from the man himself as to how long we would expect for new material to surface... and its just a week away.

linchpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #24
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sweet!

Randall V2 / Titan + RS412XLT100
Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen, OLP MM5 bass

http://www.soundcloud.com/wookieslayer
My Youtube channel - Gear demos and stuff
Wookieslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #25
Tears Are My Bidet

Brb, starving my ears of music for a week so the song sounds even better.
linchpin likes this.