homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree514Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #76
SS.org Regular

0 Xero 0 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was never a big fan of Neema and Greg. The cleans were mediocre and the screams were inarticulate and rough. It sounded to much like they were trying to emulate Sikth to me (to no avail...). That being said, I didn't mind them, but I welcome change as long as the new vocalist is at least better. I guess we'll have to let Dan work his magic. Hopefully he gets Minutes going soon too, haha.

Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?
0 Xero 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #77
Got T.I.N.G?

Hallic is just really niceHallic is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I hope it's like a concept drafts(and there may be some (little) changes once they get him into the studio). Because, i do like thad bit after 1:20. But the opening screams just don't groove as nicely with the song as those of neema's and greg's. They understood timing the vocals relative to the instruments to make it sound as a whole.

Currently that bit 0:45-1:03 seems to be kinda drifting there. His vocals-technique seems to trying to achieve a similar timbre that neema and greg used, and there's nothing wrong with that(though i think that technique might need to grow a bit further).

2:40 to 2:50, again seems to missing that dynamic that the old voxes had.

Overall: i do think this has potential, we all know that the bar was set extremely high by neema&greg and that it would be really hard to top. This is just early experiment(i assume), so i am really interested in the final states of things once the vox is done in the studio

"I love Instrumental screamo" - ;']
Hallic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #78
no refutin' rasputen

goherpsNderp is a jewel in the rough
im not too familiar with the studio process, so correct me if im wrong, but there's going to be someone there kind of like..... directing..... him? yeah? like giving him tips and doing takes and that sort of thing?

surely it can't be 100% "we'll have better equipment in the good studio and they can 'photoshop' all the nasty out of the vocal tracks". not bashing the guy or anything, im just asking a serious question about ANY vocalists. 99% of the time i see 'in the studio' videos and the singer is tracking, they NEVER sound like on the album. it's like once it goes into the mic and through the soundboard and then get's a magic coating it suddenly becomes something not at all resembling what these guys just sounded like screaming next to the camera.

i'm going to break all your arms off
goherpsNderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #79
SS.org Regular

The engineer or producer may or may not help the vocalist to improve certain qualities about the vocals such as clarity, anunciation, or other things like that. It depends on the engineer/producer. Certain producers are very good at producing vocals and Dan did well enough on Justin and Mikee's vox so I think he can make the new guy in 'ments better.

Unread 04-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #80
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
If it wasn't to be intentionally leaked, then it may be just a rough take. The lyrics may not even be final.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #81
SS.org Regular

Angus Clark is a jewel in the rough
How does a band unintentionally release a track on their own souncloud page?
Angus Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #82
SS.org Regular

Well, the video for 'Memoirs' was "unintentionally" leaked after Greg and Neema got fired. In this case, unintentionally means Swani leaked it on purpose without the rest of the band's consent. Maybe he did this too, haha.

Unread 04-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #83
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Clark View Post
How does a band unintentionally release a track on their own souncloud page?
Maybe it was uploaded so the rest of the band could hear, but accidentally made public instead of private? I don't know, but it was stated that the leak wasn't intentional.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #84
Got T.I.N.G?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 Xero 0 View Post
Well, the video for 'Memoirs' was "unintentionally" leaked after Greg and Neema got fired. In this case, unintentionally means Swani leaked it on purpose without the rest of the band's consent. Maybe he did this too, haha.
Haha my thoughts exactly when i figured it might no be intentionally released.

Swanney!

Unread 04-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #85
Music is math

hypotc is a jewel in the rough
The new preprod has grown on me. The part from 1:20 is LOVELY. Love the vocals on that part!
hypotc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #86
BWOOOOWWWW™

RobZero will become famous soon enough
at first i was sceptical,but after a few listen it really has grown on me. i really like the cleans, they're different from before but still fit the song. more dreamy, but i will miss the vocal harmonies...well, it's 2 vs 1

i don't know about the screams, it's like he's singing in a style that's not his own, sounds like he's struggling to me.
RobZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #87
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Trolluments

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #88
SS.org Regular

TheBigGroove is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
this is just one of those things for me where I know I don't particularly like one element of a band (the vocals in this case - old and new) but I can't really imagine what you would replace that element with. I can't say it doesn't fit the music, I just don't really care for it, doesn't get me off. I've always favored Browne's stuff without vocals anyway - the 8dio tracks were pretty sick...
TheBigGroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #89
The Decepticon

Triple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The new vocals sound forced to me. I know it's a raw demo version, so I guess that could change.

For some sweet progressive/grunge/metal, check out my band:
www.facebook.com/wearenihilistcrane

Our debut ep will be available April 1st!

For all my solo stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/brianharrigan
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #90
Got T.I.N.G?

Expecting news today.

also this should sound familiar:
Rippin Liek Crazy I by aurepereira on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
(uneven structure guitarist soundcloud channel)

also for the ones that mist it:
some brown riffage in euroblast 8 vid:
Mwoit likes this.

Unread 05-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #91
Lifted By Skin

Mwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monuments
News Time! We are stoked to announce our recent signing with the mighty Century Media Records. Additionally, we'd like you all to welcome our new vocalist and frontman, Matt Rose! To read more info, follow the link below!
Nice.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM
Century Media Records is proud to announce the signing of the London quintet MONUMENTS with the band being equally excited to join the family: “We're looking forward to working with Century Media and getting our music to every corner of the world. Expect to have your ears and minds destroyed before the end of 2012. Get ready planet Earth, we're coming to .... you!”

MONUMENTS are also pleased to announce that singer Matt Rose has joined as the new front man after they went through a long, grinding, and global search. “We have found the perfect guy right here in our own back yard, we couldn’t be happier with the work Matt has done so far,” says John Browne (guitar).
For the past seven months, Rose has been working with the band to make this a monster of an album. Rose will enter Fortress Studios for final vocal production and recording with Dan Weller (SikTh) later this month.

MONUMENTS will continue their work at the forefront of UK Tech Metal. The music combines aggressive angular grooves interwoven with spacious melodic ambience that is punchy yet progressive. The broad vocal spectrum adds a new innovative dimension to their complex musical landscape, merging tight, chaotic grooves, screams and cinematic choruses with hooks that will taunt you for hours. MONUMENTS have already forged their complex soundscapes into the minds of thousands with their 3 track limited edition EP, “We Are The Foundation’, reaching out to more than 90 countries across the globe via digital channels.
Century Media link.
Hallic and JayMarrero like this.
Mwoit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #92
SS.org Regular

Sebski has a spectacular aura about
Kinda buzzing for the album, but just wondering, does anyone know where I can download the older demos? Like this song for example:

And then there's other tracks like This Is Serenity, and Circles.
Sebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #93
Lifted By Skin

Mwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXu-p1KJphk
Mwoit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #94
ss.org Regular

dymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebski View Post
Kinda buzzing for the album, but just wondering, does anyone know where I can download the older demos?
you may have seen this already but if not,check the first page.
dymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #95
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymo View Post
you may have seen this already but if not,check the first page.
Ah yeah someone sent me the link to that actually. But I'm just wondering are the demos copyrighted at all or anything? Coz I can get fined for illegally download on my uni network so I don't really wanna take any risks.
Unread 05-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #96
Got T.I.N.G?

seems like they are done recording, .. and even mastering
Mwoit likes this.

Unread 05-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #97
SS.org Regular

Sikthness is a jewel in the rough
update Monuments: 'Gnosis' studio update video | got-djent.com
Sikthness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #98
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Stoked for this release, Browne is the riffmaster.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #99
SS.org Regular

When's the album actually coming out then?

And the version of Hope with vocals isn't in that big demos folder does anyone know where I can get it?
Unread 05-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #100
SS.org Regular

Sikthness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebski View Post
When's the album actually coming out then?

And the version of Hope with vocals isn't in that big demos folder does anyone know where I can get it?
August. Supposedly.
Sikthness is offline   Reply With Quote