homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree502Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #51
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hmm I like it but something about it is still the same for me. Iv always liked it before but never wow'ed me.
But then that is just after 1 listen of 1 song.

Im sure the album will rape my ears
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #52
Correct-handed

leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Monuments is a band thats good enough that they dont need a singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFSZqbXPTJY

"Yeah, sometimes when you're cool, you spontaneously combust into a fireball of awesomeness" - RenegadeDave
leftyguitarjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #53
Intellect's Minion

GTailly is just really niceGTailly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitarjoe View Post
Monuments is a band thats good enough that they dont need a singer.
How is music supposed to be good enough to be instrumental? Do singers help bad music?... -.-'

No offense here mate.

"The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice." - George Eliot
GTailly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #54
Got T.I.N.G?

Hallic is just really niceHallic is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so nobody post the link?:

ADMIT DEFEAT - Album Demo (Pre Prod) by THISISMONUMENTS on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

"I love Instrumental screamo" - ;']
Hallic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #55
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^Was already posted...
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #56
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In(Di)visions View Post
How is music supposed to be good enough to be instrumental? Do singers help bad music?... -.-'

No offense here mate.
Sometimes music needs vocals and feels empty without it. Sometimes the music is so interesting on it's own that vocals aren't necessarily needed to appreciate it.
Sikthy900 likes this.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #57
Intellect's Minion

GTailly is just really niceGTailly is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
Sometimes music needs vocals and feels empty without it. Sometimes the music is so interesting on it's own that vocals aren't necessarily needed to appreciate it.
Totally agree with your point.

I just believe that music is a free form of art and only the bands themselves should be the final judges on wether yes or no their music needs vocals on it.

But I understand your point.

"The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice." - George Eliot
GTailly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #58
SS.org Regular

Angus Clark is a jewel in the rough
I'm gonna be straight up honest with this one.
I hate it. I hate it a lot.
If this is the new vocalist, or an example of him trying, I will be very sad.

[EDIT]

Actually, hate is a strong word. I very much dislike it.
JamesM likes this.
Angus Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #59
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of
I'm at a point where I'm ure it's a joke, but if it isn't I wwill listen to them anyway, even though the vocals suck
otisct20 likes this.

I'm on a rock floating through space.
BlindingLight7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #60
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In(Di)visions View Post
Totally agree with your point.

I just believe that music is a free form of art and only the bands themselves should be the final judges on wether yes or no their music needs vocals on it.

But I understand your point.
And I agree with you.
Unread 04-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #61
Correct-handed

leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.leftyguitarjoe is pretty damn metal.
Quote:

This is what I meant. He just worded it better than me.

"Yeah, sometimes when you're cool, you spontaneously combust into a fireball of awesomeness" - RenegadeDave
Unread 04-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #62
Got T.I.N.G?

Guess i'm late, but my first impression: thad vocals bit after 1:20, that style of singing,.. THAT's GOLDEN.
The first technique, is much like neema's but got a slower feel to it, and also bit less pronouced than Neema's.
My first reactie, i like it. See potential for the other songs. luckely they didn't change to style of the vocals all that much, just small bit.
(OF COUrse just for this track)

Instruments: Sounds very defined, dat bass cut throught the mix, which is good.

Unread 04-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #63
A Chap Called Ross

I tell you what I do miss, that really pronounced Middle-Eastern sounding guitar part at the beginning of the original version. That part really made the song for me and it's a lot less obvious in this version. I still like it, just miss that part.
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #64
SS.org Regular

0 Xero 0 is a jewel in the rough
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that this was an April Fool's joke. As soon as I heard the vocals enter, I was thinking, "Really? Well, it is April 1..." Nothing has been released saying it isn't official, but the harsh vox just seem sarcastic and fake to me. It seems like something Olly would do, haha. He loves a good trolling.
BlindingLight7 likes this.

Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?
0 Xero 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 05:14 AM   #65
Got T.I.N.G?

You what a realy good april fools day joke would have been?

Accidentally leaking the album with Greg & Neema's vocals on it. They would have fooled us!

Unread 04-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #66
no refutin' rasputen

goherpsNderp is a jewel in the rough
hmmm, indeed it is extremely rough. seems like most of the yelling stuff in the beginning was as if he wrote it down a few minutes before being asked to record vocals. also sounds like he isn't used to screaming at all.

hopefully this is just because this is pre-production and hasn't been tooled around with yet. for all i know every singer sounds a lot like this before the studio guys work their magic.

i'm going to break all your arms off
goherpsNderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #67
Lifted By Skin

Mwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to all
Hm, I hope those vocals are April Fools. I'm not convinced.
Mwoit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #68
SS.org Regular

jjfiegel will become famous soon enough
So Monuments just confirmed in Facebook that this guy is the new vocalist. But they are going in the studio at the end of the month to rerecord or touch it up it seems. I would post the status but I'm on my phone.
jjfiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #69
Lifted By Skin

Mwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to all
Quote:
Am I the only one getting a serious SiKth vibe from the vocals? Like, it literally sounds just like them. I swear there's a part that sounds like Mikee. I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet, probably because I'm used to the last version, so I shall have a few more listens.
I do that vibe, it's when he does the kinda talking part that gives me Mikee thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monuments FB
We can confirm that a pre production version of 'Admit Defeat' unintentially leaked from our Soundcloud account. We are pleased to announce that this track does feature our new vocalist, and he will be entering the studio for final album vocals on April 30th with Dan Weller at Fortress Studio, London. Hold onto your lug nuts, its time for an overhaul.
Mwoit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #70
ss.org Regular

Tali is on a distinguished road
notice the *pre-prod* next to the track... obviously not a final representation of the track.

I think the new vocalist will destroy if this is just a rough sampling of what we can expect
Tali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #71
SS.org Regular

anomynous has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfiegel View Post
So Monuments just confirmed in Facebook that this guy is the new vocalist. But they are going in the studio at the end of the month to rerecord or touch it up it seems. I would post the status but I'm on my phone.
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO
anomynous is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #72
SS.org Regular

0 Xero 0 is a jewel in the rough
After listening to this a couple more times, I don't mind everything past the beginning (and the other sections of the songs with that style of screaming/whining/whatever). The beginning sounds like vox from 'Jane Doe' that got raped or something terrible. I realize it's pre-production, but production magic can only do so much...

Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?
0 Xero 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #73
Correct-handed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfiegel View Post
This vocalist will make the band unlistenable for me. I hope they release an instrumental version of the album or something.

Its Sol Niger Within all over again.
wannabguitarist likes this.

Unread 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #74
SS.org Regular

Sikthness is a jewel in the rough
I'm surprised people actually thought this was an april fools joke. I mean its not like they had superb vocalists before, and then got this. He sounds similar enough to Neema n Greg for the most part, it shouldnt be at all surprising this is the real vocalist. I wasnt a huge fan of the vocals before, and aren't really now. Id be willing to bet they can clean this up quite a bit n it'll sound great, though. Just have a feeling.
Sikthness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #75
SS.org Regular

jjfiegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitarjoe View Post
This vocalist will make the band unlistenable for me. I hope they release an instrumental version of the album or something.

Its Sol Niger Within all over again.

jjfiegel is offline   Reply With Quote