homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-13-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why didn't i hear about this two years ago?

I just found out about When Dream and Day Reunite from Dream Theater. As i stated in the other DT thread, so i looked on youtube for some badass videos from back in the day, then i found out about this.

Friggin Charlie Dominici and Derek Sherenian are playing with the other guys.

Crap! I need this.. this is the first DT disc i've wanted to buy since 2001!

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-13-2006, 06:16 AM   #2
Aye.

Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yeah I bought that DVD awhile ago. Lent it to a friend, along with Budokan and haven't seen either one since..

I'm not a huge WDADU fan but that dvd was pretty kick ass.

POOF!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #3
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
thats my all time favorite dream theater album, along with the majesty demos.

Unread 11-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
The Fusion Guy!

jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The only downer about 'Reunite' for me is that Labrie really struggles to hit the notes that Charlie had no problem with back in the day. He had to change a lot of the vocal melodies around, and always has on those songs. Of course, based on the encore, Charlie might not be able to hit those notes anymore either.

But then, I'm a real fan of WDADU and feel that it is incredibly underrated. It's the only DT album where the keys and guitar are truly balanced, and where you can actually distinguish Myung in the mix thruout.

Check out my home page: www.councilofone.net
jacksonplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
Hates the Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post

But then, I'm a real fan of WDADU and feel that it is incredibly underrated. It's the only DT album where the keys and guitar are truly balanced, and where you can actually distinguish Myung in the mix thruout.

It just has a special vibe to it for me, they were in a place then that they never really came back to. i love that sound.

Unread 11-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'The Killing Hand' is one of my favourite DT songs...

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #7
The Fusion Guy!

jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
It just has a special vibe to it for me, they were in a place then that they never really came back to. i love that sound.

As cool as it is that they became sort of a "prog Metallica" from Images & Words on, WDADU has a cleaner, avant-garde vibe that they lost after that.

WDADU struck me as sort of what Rush might have become if they hadn't taken that left turn into pop songwriting in the early '80s.

Check out my home page: www.councilofone.net
jacksonplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #8
Hates the Air

Yeah, it makes me wish that Dominici would've stuck around, or better yet, John Arch would've joined like originally intended.