homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree64Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #26
DLG
not guthrie govan

DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
quite a shocking revelation that these guys do a lot of drugs.
Randy, ShadowFactoryX and aturaya like this.
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #27
ss.org Regular

Micky Fish has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I doubt so much that the two of them write all the drums. Because the drums in The Respect Issue sound like a child wrote them, compared to the drums in any of the other albums.
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #28
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLG View Post
quite a shocking revelation that these guys do a lot of drugs.

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Unread 10-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #29
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiePalmeri
For the record me and @jessemmure write ALL of the music including the drums.
Yeah about that.....

Either way Mike was always a chill guy so I hope he finds a new project where he can be happy.

Unread 10-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #30
SS.org Regular

Inazone is just really niceInazone is just really nice
I'm just thankful that the Internet has given people like them an outlet to rant and feud and point fingers. Just imagine if Facebook had existed in the early days of bands like Motley Crue, Poison, etc.
Randy, Micky Fish and The Reverend like this.

Unread 10-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #31
SS.org Regular

Gitte is just really niceGitte is just really nice
Emmure - Children Of Cybertron Music Video HD - YouTube

so who's allowed to smoke in the tourbus now?!
Unread 10-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #32
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inazone View Post
I'm just thankful that the Internet has given people like them an outlet to rant and feud and point fingers. Just imagine if Facebook had existed in the early days of bands like Motley Crue, Poison, etc.
Let's talk about this, for a moment.
I'm definitely not going to stand up for either of them, because they're both being bitches, but as far as unprofessionalism in heavy metal/rock and roll goes, I hardly think we're plumbing the depths.

Also, I love the music (no shame, as always), but Frankie is without question a crazed individual. Also, he sucks live. His high screams go out after two or three songs, whether from bad technique or pot, who knows? Maybe meth? I can't imagine how weird it must've been to be around him all the time.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

Unread 10-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #33
ss.org Regular

Luppin is headed in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Fish View Post
I doubt so much that the two of them write all the drums. Because the drums in The Respect Issue sound like a child wrote them, compared to the drums in any of the other albums.
Well considering Joey Sturgis recorded/produced their latest cd, I'm pretty sure he had a hand in stepping up the drum tracks when he was sound-replacing them
Unread 10-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #34
SS.org Regular

Quantumface is a jewel in the rough
This is so sad, this sounds like the same childish bullshit i went through with my band when i was 16 years old. the fact of the matter is, whether or not the drummer is in the right or not, hes up against the whole band because the other members feel that being in the band is more important than personal conflicts.
Unread 10-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #35
Edgy Highschooler

BIG ND SWEATY is just really niceBIG ND SWEATY is just really nice
well the acacia strain is now one step closer to taking over
MikeH likes this.

brutalwizard- "idk what kind of heavy dicked men you have come across,

but they almost sound as interesting as you say hahaha"

"That's because if you're going to dip your marshmallow in the fire, you need to crisp that ............ up to make it all gooey and delicious.

Not opting to let the man let his artistry run wild is like lightly browning the marshmallow. Still very tasty, just not quite the same."- Valennic on daemoness guitars
Unread 10-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #36
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitte View Post
Emmure - Children Of Cybertron Music Video HD - YouTube

so who's allowed to smoke in the tourbus now?!
Wow I thought the cherrios / binary thing was just a jab but holy shit its dead on.

and people like emmures music? It entirely lacks content

Jeez

Can someone tell me whats appealing about that (no sarcasm), I'm really curious as all I heard was chugging with some of the worst tone ever and the equivalent of gansta-rap.

I can't entirely feel bad for the drummer as its probably a good thing he got out of that situation, maybe he'll go on and make a new band that's a bit more kick ass then this.
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #37
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebuiscut View Post
Wow I thought the cherrios / binary thing was just a jab but holy shit its dead on.

and people like emmures music? It entirely lacks content

Jeez

Can someone tell me whats appealing about that (no sarcasm), I'm really curious as all I heard was chugging with some of the worst tone ever and the equivalent of gansta-rap.

I can't entirely feel bad for the drummer as its probably a good thing he got out of that situation, maybe he'll go on and make a new band that's a bit more kick ass then this.

I don't believe in supernatural bullshit, but posts like these make me want to let the devil out of me and kick some ass.

It has no content to you. When Frankie is onstage, screaming "WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE" and I'm in the pit, throwing down with my friends, I feel unstoppable. For me, that song you think is so empty speaks volumes about friendship and the bonds forged through doing manly shit like flailing about. As much as I love Tosin Abasi, he will never be able to do that. He simply cannot make me want to go kill some animal in the wild with a tribe of hunters.

You're high as .... (IMO) if you think that tone sucks. It may not be your cup of tea, but you have to admit that it's heavy as hell, and aggressive.

You're falling into the herd mentality, man. Everyone hates Emmure, so let's make fun of them! Yet I can just as easily make fun of something you listen to, because musical tastes are subjective. There's no genre to my knowledge that satisfies everyone, and thus has no faults or drawbacks. Grow up, brother.
The Beard and Guitarman700 like this.

"

Unread 10-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #38
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
It has no content to you. When Frankie is onstage, screaming "WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE" and I'm in the pit, throwing down with my friends, I feel unstoppable.
See that's pretty much what I wanted to know, I don't get the same feeling listening to it but I can wrap my head around that one view point. Ty for the response.

Quote:
You're high as .... (IMO) if you think that tone sucks. It may not be your cup of tea, but you have to admit that it's heavy as hell, and aggressive.
No I really think it sounds like shit, clearly they're the high ones from the video . There's an excessive amount of gain there to the point where their chugging sounds like this bad boy:

You could literally play a maraca attached to a subwoofer with the bass on 10 and get the same effect.

Quote:
You're falling into the herd mentality, man. Everyone hates Emmure, so let's make fun of them!
Except I have been hearing about this whole acacia strain / emmure bullshit for years(?) and I never so much as commented or heard any of their music until now beyond the one song that apparently them and the acacia strain wrote together and made different versions of or something.

Up to this point I hadn't made ANY comment on it, I'm simply posting my opinion of that song I just heard without external bias, only personal bias. If it so happens that I share the same opinion as the herd then so be it, maybe there's a reason the herd has the same opinion.

But that's as much as I'm gonna delve into this because I'm liable to get banned continuing this conversation. If you respond with something I feel like I can safely respond to I will, or we could take this to PM's.
MikeH likes this.
Unread 10-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #39
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Well, really the herd is just relegated to the internet, because Emmure is certainly not hurting for fans. But yeah, I can say very nearly the same shit about Dying Fetus, Iced Earth, or Cannibal Corpse, and people will flip shit. I can say that shred virtuosos put too much emphasis on sweeping every possible pattern, blues players play too simply for it to be enjoyable, tech death bands like Brain Drill just try to play every note ever, and then some.

You see where I'm going? People always forget about that when it comes to Emmure, or deathcore in general. It's all I can do to point out the many bands people worship on here and most other metal boards, and the various reasons I hate them all. But it's not going to change any minds, and I doubt I'd make friends with any like-minded people, so I don't.

Also, I don't remember when low gain was associated with heavy and aggressive in modern metal.

"

Unread 10-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #40
sucks.

Adeamus is just really niceAdeamus is just really nice
Quote:
It has no content to you. When Frankie is onstage, screaming "WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE" and I'm in the pit, throwing down with my friends, I feel unstoppable. For me, that song you think is so empty speaks volumes about friendship and the bonds forged through doing manly shit like flailing about.
Wow.

This is ether Kaufman-esque satire of the highest order or one of the most hilariously stupid things I've read on this site.
MikeH, elq and orakle like this.
Unread 10-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #41
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeamus View Post
Wow.

This is ether Kaufman-esque satire of the highest order or one of the most hilariously stupid things I've read on this site.
Really? He likes Emmure, and I know from personal experience he's a very intelligent and articulate person, so what's the big deal if he just wants some stupid, crushing music to throw down to and work off some steam?
Bigfan likes this.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Unread 10-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #42
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeamus View Post
Wow.

Because headbanging makes so much more sense? Or ballet, or contemporary dance? Moshing? Pogoing in the 80s? People are seemingly unable to separate themselves from the things they enjoy, and to look at them objectively. So many things we do look utterly insipid to outsiders, like playing ERGs, for instance, but in our minds we think it's everyone else who's strange.

I do what I do. As I'm so fond of saying on this site, no shame. If you can't grasp the almost primal intensity of the experience, that's your loss. I suggest everyone get violent to some heavy, groove-laden metal at some point. It's fun, and unlike moshing, headbanging, or slamdancing, you're not really missing out much performance-wise.

That's all I'm gonna say. If you still think I'm stupid, that's your prerogative (does this date me as a child of the 90s?). If you respect what I do for fun, than you're just a little better inside than you were a few minutes ago.

"

Unread 10-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #43
SS.org Regular

Inazone is just really niceInazone is just really nice
Quote:
Let's talk about this, for a moment.
I'm definitely not going to stand up for either of them, because they're both being bitches, but as far as unprofessionalism in heavy metal/rock and roll goes, I hardly think we're plumbing the depths.
I just think it's funny that, in this day and age, anyone can instantly - without any sort of "filter" - spout off about any topic they want, and when it comes to people like musicians and actors, the types of remarks that wouldn't be reported on by the media for days or weeks are now broadcast for anyone to read immediately. Then take into account that this is a band with a young, fairly tech-savvy fan base, and it's spreading like wildfire.

But it was the references to drugs and other off-stage behavior that really called to mind the `80s glam bands. Can you imagine guys like Tommy Lee or Bret Michaels tweeting about who stole fashion ideas or girlfriends or whatever? ("That dirty slut totally copied my hair color. I hope he gets my second-hand herpes.") They sure as hell weren't bringing up cocaine, though.

Closed Thread