homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree58Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #26
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Yep. That guy.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #27
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy hell, that was just terrible.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #28
No privacy hedge.

anne is just really niceanne is just really nice
I think I liked it... <.<
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #29
SS.org Regular

Scrubface05 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Horrible lyrics, autotune, the same thing being played over and over.
I used to be a fan of above92's youtube channel when he didn't play bad things, but his band is just generic and boring. The lyrics don't really make sense, and its just..meh overall.
Too bad Sumerian signed them and now they'll get way more attention than they deserve.
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #30
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_Gallows View Post

Other than that, they have the WCAR, TDWP, A!A!, AA thing going for them. They'll be huge in no time.

I don't understand a word you just said.
petereanima and Bigfan like this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #31
Schmuck

rythmic_pulses is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
+1

Problem Trolls?

Sex bro. Sex. -ntDars

Stop hatin'. Love and Toleration. - Biison

the higgs boson is the energy that creates mass to create
protons and tacos basically. - bob123

SOL NIGER WITHIN!!! - Iamasingularity

ODDWORLD FOR LIFE!
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #32
surrounded by chairs

groph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud of
What the hell happened to metal?

Here for some balance.

EDIT: I'm not trying to genre-troll, I understand that some people like stuff like what's in the OP's video and it really doesn't get up my ass that people like it. I'm of the same opinion, this stuff is rehashed, recycled trendy shit that lacks any qualities of metal, except maybe for distorted guitars. The lyrics appear to be vaguely about relationships. This Immolation song also communicates negative emotion incredibly well without sounding at all like rehashed bullshit, in fact the main riff sounds like 40 Abrams tanks charging at you. And I don't mean to shit-talk good metalcore bands, I'm putting this Make Me Famous up there with crap like Design the Skyline, Attack! Attack! and comparable stuff that is basically the Miley Cyrus of already "questionable metal."
Demiurge, BigPhi84, Bigfan and 3 others like this.
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #33
lyketotallybrashdude

Ricky_Gallows is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
Well that's because they're not just words, their acronyms.

point remains. This "sound" is marketable and will make sumerian money.
not claiming that is right or wrong but, understandable.

I fudged my undies
Oh I made a polyrhythm
I counted 6
Or was it 8?!?
I couldn't count...
Unread 10-06-2011, 04:50 AM   #34
SS.org Regular

Stealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of light

Just another Biebercore band that will eventually fade into obscurity.

Not trying to troll.. Just stating my opinion.
RobZero likes this.
Unread 10-06-2011, 04:57 AM   #35
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #36
Intrepid Jackass

Demiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by groph View Post
The back-end of the bell curve is filling-in.

"I like Christian rock. It's very positive. It's not like those real musicians who think they're so cool and hip." -George Costanza
Unread 10-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #37
SS.org Regular

in-pursuit is just really nicein-pursuit is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

you really expect nothing to have changed in 20 years?
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #38
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I hate to say it, but, lyrics aside, I actually dig this.

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #39
awkward soul

datalore is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Nothing. Make Me Famous isn't metal. Bloodbath is still a band, so metal is fine.
Bigfan likes this.
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #40
What... the... F@#k!

nothingleft09 is just really nicenothingleft09 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by datalore View Post
Nothing. Make Me Famous isn't metal. Bloodbath is still a band, so metal is fine.
+1
Unread 10-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #41
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow. That was awesome in it's total mediocrity and predictability. Not overly offensive, but nothing there that would ever make me want to listen to it again. It's literally got every cliche I can think of in it.

I wouldn't call the guy a great clean singer, either. There's nothing in his voice that conveys any power or conviction - he sounds like an indie rock guy singing "metal". (Not that this is actually metal, but you know what I mean.)

Edit: clarification - his clean voice isn't terrible or anything, but isn't powerful enough to hang with the heavy music, IMO.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
Unread 10-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #42
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_Gallows View Post
Other than that, they have the Sumerian's money pot and marketing machine behind them, so they'll be huge in no time!
There. Fixed that for you.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
Unread 10-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #43
Shrederick

Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I dislike the whole shit talking bands vibe, which means I'll keep my mouth REALLY shut regarding what I just heard, as this is as removed from tastes as it can get. Someone out there is bound to like this, so who am I to judge? One thing is certain: one can't help wondering how this will end up sounding live.
BigPhi84 and Ricky_Gallows like this.

Buy my album, will you? My store | CDBaby
FredBrum.com
Happily endorsed by Jaden Rose Guitars, Bare Knuckle Pickups, Gruv Gear, Sik Pik Picks, PHD Picks and Spectraflex cables
Unread 10-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #44
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Shred View Post
I dislike the whole shit talking bands vibe, which means I'll keep my mouth REALLY shut regarding what I just heard, as this is as removed from tastes as it can get. Someone out there is bound to like this, so who am I to judge? One thing is certain: one can't help wondering how this will end up sounding live.
The "never say anything negative about a band" vibe is really starting to annoy me. It's one thing to say "this sucks", and another to legitimately criticize something. So few people actually do the latter, however, that the mantra has become "don't say anything bad".

I know we regularly delete the "this sucks" or other trolling posts here, but I try and leave legitimate criticism alone. Criticizing something is not the same as shit-talking.

Unread 10-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #45
SS.org Regular

AzzMan has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I really like WCAR's first album, I loved the second Attack Attack album. WCAR write great leads and has great use of non-4/4 time signatures to accent things. Attack Attack is just heavy as .... and easily listenable all the time. Asking Alexandria is poorly composed and just goes all over the place. TDWP's Zombie EP was one of the best things to happen last year.

But this... my God, this... This isn't okay at all.
Guitarman700 likes this.
Unread 10-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #46
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Really annoying band name helps attracts additional hate, IMO.

That said, it's definitely what I'd like to call "a little bit of everything that's popular" metal (err... not metal but music with distorted guitars and "grrr" vocals). Kinda rubs me the wrong way because it sure feels like it was both put together and signed as a "catch all" for a certain market.

I agree with the OP, though... I can appreciate the production. It sounds busy and my ears get a little fatigued just from the amount of shit all-over the spectrum in the mix, but they certainly... well, fit it all in there. The actual riffs, vocals, etc. do nothing for me. The electronic stuff is alright though, I guess.
BigPhi84 likes this.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 10-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #47
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sounds like Sumerian is trying to compete with Rise Records now. Production is always sqeaky clean and overly perfect but hey, whatever.

Unread 10-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #48
ss.org Regular

danielzabolotny will become famous soon enough
Sumerian said it themselves- this band, AA, and I See Stars make them money so that they can continue to spend money on less popular yet more talented bands like The Faceless and After The Burial.

I honestly don't mind this, it reminds of Attack Attack's second album, which I liked. I know this definitely isn't metal, I don't get why people confuse it. I don't think they ever called themselves real metal anyway, that'd just be ignorant. From previous videos I've watched, I think they self-produced this, in which case, props to them for a pretty good homemade mix. They haven't played many shows because this style of music really isn't popular in Ukraine (I'm from there and I used to spend my summers there), so I don't blame them.
Unread 10-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #49
Sojourner

Splinterhead is a glorious beacon of lightSplinterhead is a glorious beacon of lightSplinterhead is a glorious beacon of light
To me this sounds very formulaic, kinda manufactured. Everything is edited down to a gnat's ass. I dig precise and tight metal but there doesn't seem to be any sense of organic playing here, just trendy production. (just my .02)
Unread 10-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #50
lyketotallybrashdude

Ricky_Gallows is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
There. Fixed that for you.
that's exactly what i was insinuating, pardon the lack of elaboration.

I think their gimmick is pretty literal as well. Their name states it all. Copy whats popular. Though i question their definition of 'famous', I can't see this band progressing to anything else than what they are.

I fudged my undies
Oh I made a polyrhythm
I counted 6
Or was it 8?!?
I couldn't count...
Closed Thread