homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

View Poll Results: You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?
Hell yes! 46 64.79%
I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe 25 35.21%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #201
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
It's a lot more difficult than just saying 'HELLS YEAH!! LETS TOUR EUROPE'. Misha and the dudes would all have to get visa's first off, which is a pain in the ass like you wouldnt believe. Then they have to make enough money to play over here and not make themselves bankrupt. As much as both Tess and Periphery are awesome bands they dont have the following they need to make that cash, and even with a band like Textures headlining it would be a massive push to make the funds up to do such a venture.

Dont mean to be a spoilsport, i love both bands and i wish Periphery would come over and tour, but i dont see it happening any time soon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #202
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If and when Threat Signal do a European tour, I think they'd make great supports for them.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #203
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
i just read the first part of the thread title, and my prostate tingled, almost milking itself. i think that should be enough of an answer as to what i would think of this

COME TO NORWAY AAAARGH!

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #204
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
If and when Threat Signal do a European tour, I think they'd make great supports for them.
Been there done that

i nagged Travis for weeks to headline my bands tour in January with Subversion, they were having none of it for the reasons i stated above. If someone can find 10,000 for me to get Threat Signal and Periphery over here to tour, id quite gladly sort one out

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #205
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plug View Post
Been there done that

i nagged Travis for weeks to headline my bands tour in January with Subversion, they were having none of it for the reasons i stated above. If someone can find 10,000 for me to get Threat Signal and Periphery over here to tour, id quite gladly sort one out
Shame, Travis said they were working on a European tour I guess they're supporting someone else to make it worthwhile.
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #206
Unleash the proggies

Fzau is just really niceFzau is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
We need to find a big famous band to headline, maybe even two
Any ideas?
Textures AND Threat Signal would be nice, but not very realistic I'm afraid..
As would Dream Theater, Between The Buried And Me, Nevermore and (dare I say it) Meshuggah but whether they're actually willing to headline yet alone tour Europe in 2010 is a mystery
Fzau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #207
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
remember, once you're done mixing the songs, to take a few days off from listening to it, and either refrain from music altogether, or listen to anything else than your own stuff. then, once you've "purged" your ears and mind of what that mix sounds like, re-introduce yourself to it and see if you still think it sounds good.

that's like the ultimate test of a good mix, and it's one that i have never, ever, passed

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #208
Unleash the proggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by benanne View Post
I was gonna go see August Burns Red but the gig sold out. Too bad. But they are probably going to play a 25 minute set anyway and I don't like the other bands, so it's not too big of a deal.
I hope you manage to set something up dude, I would be eternally grateful
ABR plays 50 mins
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #209
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fzau View Post
We need to find a big famous band to headline, maybe even two
Any ideas?
Textures AND Threat Signal would be nice, but not very realistic I'm afraid..
As would Dream Theater, Between The Buried And Me, Nevermore and (dare I say it) Meshuggah but whether they're actually willing to headline yet alone tour Europe in 2010 is a mystery
They said they aren't planning another album till 2011 so they have time I suppose A Threat Signal + Meshuggah tour would make me wet.
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #210
ss.org Regular

benanne has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fzau View Post
ABR plays 50 mins
srsly? that's surprising. And also a little off topic
Well, too bad, I'll see them in February with JFAC and BTBAM
benanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #211
Unleash the proggies

Back on topic now, I really can't stop listening to Lament
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #212
Banned

Joeywilson is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think Meshuggah, Tesseract, periphery, and textures would be a sweet tour
Joeywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #213
Unleash the proggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallisuk View Post
I think Meshuggah, Tesseract, periphery, and textures would be a sweet tour
That would make everyone wet, but I doubt it's possible
Hope it is though
Unread 10-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #214
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

....ing awesome as usual!

My signal path (on the works): Schecter KM-7 > Axe Fx Ultra
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #215
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
No.

They should tour South America instead.

My signal path (on the works): Schecter KM-7 > Axe Fx Ultra
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #216
Unleash the proggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang-Drax View Post
No.

They should tour South America instead.
Well, maybe if it's a huge succes in Europe they will..
Note that TesseracT IS gigging in Europe in 2010, that's why I made this thread in the first place
Unread 10-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #217

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Haha perhaps i should have been a bit clearer, although touring in europe and doing a tour with tesseract would definitely be cool, its really a question of how feasible it is for both of us, and at least in our case, thats more of a management/label/booking agent decision.
case in point:
meshuggah and dillinger have been wanting to tour together forever, but it just hasnt worked out for a number of reasons
what im getting at is that unfortunately there is a lot more involved in setting up a tour than who the bands want to tour with, and oftentimes the bands dont get much if any say as to who they tour with (especially when you are a n00b band like us)
Also i can't speak for tesseract, but i know that we definitely can't hold our own as a headliner on something as substantial as an out of country tour, so at least we would need to be in support of a much bigger act to get agents/label/management interested in sending us out. At the end of the day, it may be unfortunate, but its a business and it has to be profitable for all parties involved (other than us really haha, but thats nice too) because these guys have to make a living as well hehe.

So yes, on paper we are 100% down, if someone books this and sets it up and arranges things so that we could even just break even off of it, we would be down (hint hint, start booking, hit up our management if you are able to arrange something like this)
I will say that we are definitely focusing on the album now, and hopefully as of the album getting released it will be a lot easier to at least get us to europe.
bulb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #218
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
what im getting at is that unfortunately there is a lot more involved in setting up a tour than who the bands want to tour with, and oftentimes the bands dont get much if any say as to who they tour with

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #219
SS.org Regular

K-Roll is a jewel in the rough
ohhh yeeees. I live in Slovakia... if they'd stop by in Austria, Czech republic, Hungary or Poland, in any of these countries I would definitely go see them.. 100%.. i am willing to travel let's say 400km, so please D: anyone.. make it happen
K-Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #220
Unleash the proggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
Haha perhaps i should have been a bit clearer, although touring in europe and doing a tour with tesseract would definitely be cool, its really a question of how feasible it is for both of us, and at least in our case, thats more of a management/label/booking agent decision.
case in point:
meshuggah and dillinger have been wanting to tour together forever, but it just hasnt worked out for a number of reasons
what im getting at is that unfortunately there is a lot more involved in setting up a tour than who the bands want to tour with, and oftentimes the bands dont get much if any say as to who they tour with (especially when you are a n00b band like us)
Also i can't speak for tesseract, but i know that we definitely can't hold our own as a headliner on something as substantial as an out of country tour, so at least we would need to be in support of a much bigger act to get agents/label/management interested in sending us out. At the end of the day, it may be unfortunate, but its a business and it has to be profitable for all parties involved (other than us really haha, but thats nice too) because these guys have to make a living as well hehe.

So yes, on paper we are 100% down, if someone books this and sets it up and arranges things so that we could even just break even off of it, we would be down (hint hint, start booking, hit up our management if you are able to arrange something like this)
I will say that we are definitely focusing on the album now, and hopefully as of the album getting released it will be a lot easier to at least get us to europe.
I know, just hoped someone here had the right connections to set it all up.
So if you have, you know what to do unknown person

Anyway, you know what you have to do once you get the chance
Unread 10-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #221
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
Thanks! Appreciate the comments.

We had to cancel a couple of shows as they were interfearing with our recording schedule which is the most important thing at the moment. Must finish album! Don't really want to do the november ones as its time we could do with for recording vocals. 2010 is for the gigging! :p
ahh i see! i was thinking it might be something to do with recording and the album etc. thats a pretty good reason seeing as its exactly what my main band Season's End has done for most of this year to get our 2nd and 3rd album done.

will be great to see you guys in the new years and hopfully the gig can be re-dated for then
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #222
ss.org Regular

Tesseract is just really niceTesseract is just really nice
Would love something like that! But yeah travelling US > Europe or vice versa is pricey for bands. Maybe in the future! Would be awesome! Travis from signal has mentioned the idea about doing some gigs together...again would love to....the hard bit is making it happen hehe.

And yaaaaaa textures headline! dammmmm goooooood band/live band. I've started to prefer them live to meshuggah.
Tesseract is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #223
Melowiddler

DaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to all
I would be there in a shot for either of those bands, both together would be absolute aural-sex. But at the same time Im fairly in to the business side of things so I understand its not as easy as "ZOMG lets go do a t0ur!!!1!!", so all I can really do is wish both bands the very best of luck, and just cross my nuts that something like this could happen at some point.

UK Guitar Teacher and Session Guitarist

DaveCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #224
-.-

Daggorath is a jewel in the rough
It's hard to guage the fanbase over here - although alot of people havn't heard of you guys, pretty much everyone I've introduced you to has been fans. What I'd give to see Periphery, may be able to see Tesseract considering they're british and seem to be starting to play about.

"Imagine your eyes dancing on the notes you wanna play
and forget about whether your hands can do it or not"
- Allan Holdsworth

For Sale: Laney VH100R - 400 [UK] PM for details.
Daggorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #225
Gelatinous

lava is just really nicelava is just really nice
How about we get a proper US tour out of the way before we go to Europe? (Didn't come to San Francisco before )
lava is offline   Reply With Quote