homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

View Poll Results: You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?
Hell yes! 46 64.79%
I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe 25 35.21%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1210Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #1326
Big Bear

PeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's like Jeff Buckley is still living and joined a progressive metal band, and that makes me SO happy.
PeteyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-21-2011, 01:54 AM   #1327
The Juggernaut

teqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I'll wait to pass judgement until a high quality clip is posted.

Dan was what really did draw me into TesseracT, though. His voice fit perfectly, and really helped enforce that atmosphere.
iamrichlol and pineappleman like this.

EBMM JPX7
Fractal Audio Axe FX
teqnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #1328
SS.org Regular

Wretched is just really niceWretched is just really nice
Bugger! He has an awesome stage presence. Glad I got to see them live a couple of weeks ago.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:38 AM   #1329
YAAARGH

Leper is on a distinguished road
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Leper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #1330
The HUMANCENTiPAD

DVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This makes me sad....but now he can join my band I wish haha.

http://www.facebook.com/Icosian
DVRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 03:07 AM   #1331
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I really ....ing hope not >

I must add that I ....ing love Elliott's voice, I just don't see it fitting with Tesseract all that well. But I'd love to be proven wrong!
drmosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #1332
SS.org Regular

ElliotOMNOM is just really niceElliotOMNOM is just really nice
damn you 7string! why you no like, me think you always want elliot behind mic, now elliot confused! ELLLIOTT CONFUZED!!@!@@232!@##@!
ElliotOMNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 04:33 AM   #1333
DLG
not guthrie govan

DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Eliot, please post pics of you in very tight jeans so that we can contrast and compare
DLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 04:42 AM   #1334
Lifted By Skin

Mwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Didn't expect this for sure.

I'll suppose I'll judge when you come up to Scotland in September.
Mwoit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 04:52 AM   #1335
SS.org Regular

Nazca is a jewel in the rough
Completely unexpected for me. I thought there was great synergy between Dan and TesseracT's music. It's a shame, but I think Elliot has a great voice. Will be interesting to see how it fits.
Nazca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:02 AM   #1336
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Going to be honest he never did anything for me, saw him live and i just found it boring. I saw Tesseract play with Abi a few years back and THAT blew me away.

I think the legions if butthurt kids on the internet is entertaining me more tbh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:02 AM   #1337
ss.org Regular

Tali is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, long time lurker here and finally joined

I was at the gig last night and there was talk the entire eve of Dan not singing,that he was ill and possibly an instrumental only gig and that he wasnt there at all but someone would be filling in etc etc.

When the band opened with Hollow already people were like "WTF is Dan!?" then boom *insert tall fellow in yellow shirt who isn't Dan*. I for one was pretty damn confused but Elliot seemed to come into his own. It was the mans first show with the band so nerves are to be expected.

Lots of talk after the show and for the most part people either loved it or hated it. Quite strange seeing an American front up a UK metal band.

Elliot its not we don't love you it's just... Tesseract with Dan for most part seemed like a perfect recipe already.

How long has this been in making, months i presume?
All the best non the less
Tali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #1338
Of Blood and Sawdust

JaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Listening to the live clip, I can't really judge the screams but the clean parts have Elliot's own vocal hooks that I love more than almost any singer currently and I think he's the perfect fit for TesseracT without Dan.
JaeSwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #1339
OVER THE LINE!

Wingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Honestly Ellliot's voice sounds shit to me,its that typical generic djent band scream,pre-pubescent singing.

Really sad to see Dan go,I find it hard to listen to a lot of Djent because of the singing but Dan really a great cool voice that fitted perfectly with TesseracT.With a new vocalist I can see TesseracT being washed away with the sea of generic djent bands who mostly all sound the same.Dan Imo,really made Tesseract stand out.
bladlus likes this.

Shono.........

ahead of his time
Wingchunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:44 AM   #1340
ss.org Regular

I just want to know if this is permanent while Dan works on Piano?
Sure a press statement will drop on monday from the band or CM

Being a member of a band abroad is a nightmare considering Visa's etc.
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #1341
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingchunwarrior View Post
Honestly Ellliot's voice sounds shit to me,its that typical generic djent band scream,pre-pubescent singing.
Are you serious? Elliott has one of the most unique voices and styles out there and he was doing some awesome clean singing stuff a long time ago and really surprised people when he first released a song with screams on it.
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #1342
OVER THE LINE!

Wingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
Are you serious? Elliott has one of the most unique voices and styles out there and he was doing some awesome clean singing stuff a long time ago and really surprised people when he first released a song with screams on it.
Maybe its just the fact that I really detest that type of vocals,I really can't stand it.He probably is different but I couldn't care less,Can't listen to him and probably sadly mean not being able to listen to future TesseracT material
bladlus likes this.

Shono.........

ahead of his time
Wingchunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #1343
DLG
not guthrie govan

DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
He has a unique voice for sure, but I can definitely see where people are coming from when they say that he is whiny and emo. He does have that typical American, screamo type of delivery. I'm not saying it's good or bad, I'm just not sure how it will fit in Tesseract.

Dan had a very regal vocal style, like I said earlier, a lot more reminiscent of typical prog metal than screamo/emo/djenty singing. I could see Dan singing over stuff like Fates Warning without sounding out of place, whereas Eliot singing over that kind of stuff would probably sound fairly awful.
bladlus and Wingchunwarrior like this.
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #1344
SS.org Regular

ElliotOMNOM is just really niceElliotOMNOM is just really nice
Quote:

Really sad to see Dan go,I find it hard to listen to a lot of Djent because of the singing but Dan really a great cool voice that fitted perfectly with TesseracT.With a new vocalist I can see TesseracT being washed away with the sea of generic djent bands who mostly all sound the same.Dan Imo,really made Tesseract stand out.
haha yeah dude, you're right, my voice is completely the definition of djent vocals. Take this djent jem for example. it's so djenty it djent djent djents
ElliotOMNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #1345
ss.org Regular

Question is... will they re record the album again and call it One and A Half?
pineappleman and DLG like this.
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #1346
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotOMNOM View Post
haha yeah dude, you're right, my voice is completely the definition of djent vocals. Take this djent jem for example. it's so djenty it djent djent djents
Dude you really remind me of some sort of male Kate Bush

So much Djent....
DLG likes this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #1347
DLG
not guthrie govan

the name of my next album shall be "Djent Gems" thanks for that
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #1348
Sir Paul of the Mosh

Quote:
Maybe its just the fact that I really detest that type of vocals,I really can't stand it.He probably is different but I couldn't care less,Can't listen to him and probably sadly mean not being able to listen to future TesseracT material
So how is his voice typical djenty scream then? That's a ....ing load of horseshit.
Be it as it may that you don't like it, but what you said is just plain wrong
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #1349
SS.org Regular

ZeroS1gnol is a jewel in the rough
Well, it's certainly a PR screw up to start performing with a new singer before any statement regarding the departure of the former singer.
ZeroS1gnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #1350
ss.org Regular

UPDATE 2: Dan Tompkins has supposedly left TesseracT because he has been offered to join a pop band. An official statement from the band should be out sometime in the coming week.

Dan in Jedward?
drmosh, Wingchunwarrior and DLG like this.