homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #151
SS.org Regular

RideFour15 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love the stealthy as hell pickup switching at 2:32
RideFour15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #152
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
Slightly OT:

Chris, what guitar is this?

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...3c7c816c29.jpg
Believe thats one he built himself

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #153
SS.org Regular

ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
Believe thats one he built himself
No, thankfully I didn't make that one. It's a 1993 Custom Conklin Tele 8 String. The second 8 string they made.

Looked phenomenal.
Played phenomenal.
Sounded like crap.

I'll be the first to stand by anyone who says that pickups make up 95% of the tone for any guitar (because it really does, acoustic guitars not included of course), but in this rare case, not at all. I tried all sorts of combos and ideas for this guitar as far as the electronics went. The outcome was the same. The main body wood on this guitar is Lacewood (and then walnut/maple/purple heart melted top, maple fingerboard, maple/zebra wood neck - all very dense woods).... probably just the piece for this individual guitar, but even unplugged it had zero sustain and volume acoustically. It was a huge bummer when that guitar played so well! I tried to make it work.

NEW Jazz solo album / TAB BOOKS /
6 String Guitar Technique Book
Guide To Tapping Instructional Book
Available at
http://www.scalethesummitstore.com
& http://www.chrisletchfordstore.com
band page: www.facebook.com/scalethesummit
My store: www.chrisletchford.bandcamp.com
ChrisLetchford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #154
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You guys make me want to start an instrumental project.
Bekanor is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #155
SS.org Regular

harvested will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFour15 View Post
I love the stealthy as hell pickup switching at 2:32
yeah, I've noticed that also.. :P
very good and very clean player...

shame on me that I've heard about these guys only today...
I'll go more into their music
harvested is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #156
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Cool vid, love that guitar and his playing is very interesting and his tone is great.

Oh and City Of The Sky is also the name of one of my tunes that I released on my first solo cd back in 2006.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #157
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLetchford View Post
No, thankfully I didn't make that one. It's a 1993 Custom Conklin Tele 8 String. The second 8 string they made.

Looked phenomenal.
Played phenomenal.
Sounded like crap.

I'll be the first to stand by anyone who says that pickups make up 95% of the tone for any guitar (because it really does, acoustic guitars not included of course), but in this rare case, not at all. I tried all sorts of combos and ideas for this guitar as far as the electronics went. The outcome was the same. The main body wood on this guitar is Lacewood (and then walnut/maple/purple heart melted top, maple fingerboard, maple/zebra wood neck - all very dense woods).... probably just the piece for this individual guitar, but even unplugged it had zero sustain and volume acoustically. It was a huge bummer when that guitar played so well! I tried to make it work.
Did you end up selling it and if so, how much for?

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #158
SS.org Regular

ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Did you end up selling it and if so, how much for?

Yeah I sold it. For a lot.

NEW Jazz solo album / TAB BOOKS /
6 String Guitar Technique Book
Guide To Tapping Instructional Book
Available at
http://www.scalethesummitstore.com
& http://www.chrisletchfordstore.com
band page: www.facebook.com/scalethesummit
My store: www.chrisletchford.bandcamp.com
ChrisLetchford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #159
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
I had a feeling that was the case.

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 05-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #160
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLetchford View Post

Looked phenomenal.
Played phenomenal.
Sounded like crap.

Aw, that stinks

Just did a quick check, I was confusing that giant beast for the Tele that you had built from scratch but apparently that ones a six-string and has an awesome quilt to it.

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 04:06 AM   #161
SS.org Regular

heavy7-665 is just really niceheavy7-665 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Chris from Scale the Summits new guitar

I used the search but notta. Explain.

You am need help, your right hand is all ....ed up girl!

"thats why i spring it on her

like a cobra"
heavy7-665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #162
Banned

PnKnG is just really nicePnKnG is just really nice
Nice piece of bodywood.
Looks really wide, looks like it at least a 9 or 10 string.
PnKnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 04:17 AM   #163
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Perhaps a 10 string? Where did you find this?
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 04:18 AM   #164
progressive insanity

IAMLORDVADER is a glorious beacon of lightIAMLORDVADER is a glorious beacon of lightIAMLORDVADER is a glorious beacon of light
+1 gotta be a ten string from the size of it
IAMLORDVADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 05:56 AM   #165
ss.org Regular

thesimo is just really nicethesimo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i seen bulb posting this picture on the periphery facebook
thesimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:33 AM   #166
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
fuuuuuuuuuuu
josh pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #167
APEX

Esp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud of
Looks more like it's gonna be something ridiculous like an 11 or 12 string.

think of it this way. you could have a room full of worthless douchebag darrel signature deans - jymellis
Esp Griffyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #168
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Obviously it's going to be a bass. Come on now.
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #169
Banned

liamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh pelican View Post
Obviously it's going to be a boat hull. Come on now.
Fixed
liamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #170
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Well its going to be damned sexy and have more strings than God intended thats for sure.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #171
Classy
Super Moderator

Considering how sharp the angles are inside of the cutaways, I'm going to guess that the finished neck is going to be significantly smaller than that.

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 07-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #172
Death Squad

Anton is a jewel in the rough
Looks like it's gonna be 10-12 string, is that a Mike Sherman one?

SikTh
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue.

Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #173
SS.org Regular

heavy7-665 is just really niceheavy7-665 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
He posted it on facebook.

You am need help, your right hand is all ....ed up girl!

"thats why i spring it on her

like a cobra"
heavy7-665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #174
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Considering how sharp the angles are inside of the cutaways, I'm going to guess that this is what sunk the titanic.
Fixed.
Unread 07-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #175

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Chris (last show of BTBAM tour) told me that Mike was building him two more guitars and one of them was an 8 string and I forget what the other one was.

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote