homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #501
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticDeath View Post
Closest show is about a 2 1/2 hour drive to Lansing. I hate long distance driving so I'm gonna have to find someone to drive haha.
Yeah I quit that shit... there's nobody going right now I care enough about to drive more than an hour for

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #502
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I would be stoked...if it was coming anywhere relatively close.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #503
SS.org Regular

ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hey thanks for posting.

as for extra dates, we would of course like to tour to every single place everyone wants us to, but of course that doesn't work out.

Now... as for Boise it was in there originally but that venue we played last time was booked, the only other option is The Knitting Factory which is a 1,000 cap room, which we can fill by ourselves. We'll be back though, yeah for a FTM/Periphery/STS, those school of rock openings bands were the weirdest thing I have ever seen haha.

Anyways... appreciate all those looking forward to coming out to the shows!

NEW Jazz solo album / TAB BOOKS /
6 String Guitar Technique Book
Guide To Tapping Instructional Book
Available at
http://www.scalethesummitstore.com
& http://www.chrisletchfordstore.com
band page: www.facebook.com/scalethesummit
My store: www.chrisletchford.bandcamp.com
ChrisLetchford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #504
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Yeah Chris no knock on you at all, I loved the last album and am looking forward to both STS's next one and your jazz album

Blame the promoters

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #505
The One Who Knocks

Ralyks is just really niceRalyks is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did NY get a venue yet?
Ralyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #506
SS.org Regular

ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.
Our agent couldn't get a hold for any venue in NYC so that date will now be at Architekt music in Butler NJ... which is actually good as its a recording studio so their venue has a great sound system.

Available at
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #507
The One Who Knocks

Ralyks is just really niceRalyks is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Actually was suppose to go there for Hurt doing an acoustic performance. Looks like I'll be travelling to Butler then.
Ralyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #508
Eye of Agamotto

davemeistro has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bummed to not see any MN dates. I'm pretty sure I remember you guys saying back when you played with Cynic at Station 4 that you'd be back in February.

Oh well, I'm sure you guys will have another headlining tour that'll pass through MN in the future.
davemeistro is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 12:47 AM   #509
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -One- View Post
Enjoy it, I went on the 29th, and it was great. Chris' 8-string broke a string though, and he switched to some seven-string that sounded like ass.
lol, i have never broken a string live. i switch guitars out during our set everyday on tour.

im guessing the "ass" guitar was the Artinger 7... weird that you could tell a difference in sound as it has better pickups than the Sherman 8 I was playing at the start of the set. That Artinger is one of the best sounding guitars I have
Justin7 and Iamasingularity like this.

Available at
Unread 12-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #510
ss.org Regular

davefoxtattoos is a jewel in the rough
Scale the Summit might be one of the main reasons I got a 7 string guitar. Though my playing is nothing like theirs (I don't think) I find their style extremely inspiring in every way. And they sounded fantastic when I saw them live last spring with Periphery.
davefoxtattoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:40 AM   #511
7string Ghost

Iamasingularity is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLetchford View Post
lol, i have never broken a string live. i switch guitars out during our set everyday on tour.

im guessing the "ass" guitar was the Artinger 7... weird that you could tell a difference in sound as it has better pickups than the Sherman 8 I was playing at the start of the set. That Artinger is one of the best sounding guitars I have
Hey Chris, would you know a Music branch thats sells Monument in Japan?
I bought 2 of the latest albums, but I can`t get hold of the debut CD that is reasonably priced. There are 2 sellers on the japanese amazon, and the used monument CDS are listed for around 105$, which is pricy. I don`t have a credit card/paypal as of yet. Are there any options for someone like me? Keep up the great work. Thanks.

Grand Moff Tim: "Sometimes when you want some ass, you have to eat some fake lashes. That's just life man.

Red Seas Fire: "When it doubt, downpick everything."
Iamasingularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #512
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamasingularity View Post
Hey Chris, would you know a Music branch thats sells Monument in Japan?
I bought 2 of the latest albums, but I can`t get hold of the debut CD that is reasonably priced. There are 2 sellers on the japanese amazon, and the used monument CDS are listed for around 105$, which is pricy. I don`t have a credit card/paypal as of yet. Are there any options for someone like me? Keep up the great work. Thanks.
Holy hell man, $105? WOW!

You should find a friend who will let you use paypal or a credit card and order a copy through our online store, linked in my signature on here.

Its $13, shipped with free stickers and a koozie.

I hope no one has paid freaking $100 for that record.
Iamasingularity likes this.

Available at
Unread 12-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #513
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemeistro View Post
Bummed to not see any MN dates. I'm pretty sure I remember you guys saying back when you played with Cynic at Station 4 that you'd be back in February.

Oh well, I'm sure you guys will have another headlining tour that'll pass through MN in the future.
yeah, you heard right. we had a date pinned for St Paul, but our agent must have lost the hold to a larger touring act. there are only so many venues... and way to many bands. you guys werent the only city. we lost NYC as well

Available at
Unread 12-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #514
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damn, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to Richmond, and I missed you guys last night at Jaxx 'cause I was tied up at a meeting.

'Course, it was a lot better than PtH's "meeting".

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #515
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i used my voice to help make sure the strings could speak to me

SCALE THE SUMMIT! ELITIST! MORE BANDS TO BE ANNOUNCED! | Facebook

IDAHO DATE FTW

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #516
SS.org Regular

Skyblue is just really niceSkyblue is just really nice
Still waiting patiently for an international tour... one day...
Rook likes this.

"You can play every ....in' note you want, as long as you mean it."
Skyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #517
SS.org Regular

VILARIKA is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Our agent couldn't get a hold for any venue in NYC so that date will now be at Architekt music in Butler NJ... which is actually good as its a recording studio so their venue has a great sound system.
Good for NJ, not for Long Island or NYC

VILARIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 03:37 AM   #518
7string Ghost

Iamasingularity is a jewel in the rough
Alright I`ll do that then man! Free koozies!
Also looks like someone bought 1 of the records for 100$s. lol

Grand Moff Tim: "Sometimes when you want some ass, you have to eat some fake lashes. That's just life man.

Red Seas Fire: "When it doubt, downpick everything."
Iamasingularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #519
SS Contributor

Spaceman_Spiff is a name known to allSpaceman_Spiff is a name known to allSpaceman_Spiff is a name known to allSpaceman_Spiff is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamasingularity View Post
Alright I`ll do that then man! Free koozies!
Also looks like someone bought 1 of the records for 100$s. lol
$100 USD?...that would be insane!

On the other hand though I've spent probably twice that at the STS store.

I have 5 STS shirts, both tab books, all three Cds, two packs of picks, and a poster.
Iamasingularity likes this.

"You took the best thing about natural finished guitar bodies and applied it to the neck.
I'd compare it to dipping solid chocolate into chocolate mousse, having a lucid dream within a dream,
receiving fellatio while having sex, producing energy while burning no fuel.
You sir are a genius.'' - in-pursuit

"Parker PM 10 trade?" - JackWilliamBellow
Spaceman_Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #520
Not So Kool-Aid

-One- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Okay, thanks for clarifying on switching out. I was in the back, and a friend of mine was up front and said you broke a string on the 8-string.

Is the Artinger a blue semi-hollowbody? Because that would be the one I was referring to
It was super trebly, and piercing as .... when you played any leads during the set. I loved the warm tone you got from the Sherman during your leads, and the crunch during the riffs, but the Artinger was just so trebly that it hurt my ears.
You played great, but the sound could have been better. Just being honest

"I wonder if Kurt rolls his eyes everytime we come up with a new idea. 'Oh no. Not ss.org, again. NOW WHAT?'" - I_infect
"For all we know is some super bass wizard the likes of which hasn't been seen since Gandalf invented the bass." - heavy7-665
-One- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #521
www.markmichell.com

MistaMarko is just really niceMistaMarko is just really nice
Hoping the Shreveport date works out...

Visit my Official Website: www.markmichell.com
Bassist for SCALE THE SUMMIT : Visit us at: www.facebook.com/ScaleTheSummit
Warwick Basses | Gallien-Krueger Amps | EMG Pickups | Ernie Ball Strings
MistaMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #522
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Hey I hope its cool if I ask this here.

Chris! First, cool to have you posting here. Second, I love your taste in guitars haha, I'm so excited about getting my strandbergs...

Third.

On The Collective, did you double track the clean parts? If you did, did you play both tracks or did you and Travis split it up like you would live? I've listened to the album a billion times and I've always been really interested...

Cheers, if I ever reach the kinda level you're at I'd be such a happy guy, I love you guys' approach.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:03 AM   #523
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Finally a proper mega thread

Saw the interview saying you may have plans for Australia next year.. I'll be so excited if you do!
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #524
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
Hey I hope its cool if I ask this here.

Chris! First, cool to have you posting here. Second, I love your taste in guitars haha, I'm so excited about getting my strandbergs...

Third.

On The Collective, did you double track the clean parts? If you did, did you play both tracks or did you and Travis split it up like you would live? I've listened to the album a billion times and I've always been really interested...

Cheers, if I ever reach the kinda level you're at I'd be such a happy guy, I love you guys' approach.
Depends on the parts, but anything that me and Travis are both playing at the same time, thats the same exact notes, it was double tracked. Most likely I tracked it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
Finally a proper mega thread

Saw the interview saying you may have plans for Australia next year.. I'll be so excited if you do!
We are suppose to be coming over to Europe and Australia... we were suppose to this past fall... so you never know if it will come together. All depends on the right package and what not. Hope it gets worked out!
Rook likes this.

Available at
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #525
That Guy from Maine

Blasphemer is a glorious beacon of lightBlasphemer is a glorious beacon of lightBlasphemer is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I hope no one has paid freaking $100 for that record.
Hell, man, I'd shell out for Monument. Thats a great album.
Blasphemer is online now   Reply With Quote