homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree424Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #126

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
very cool!
perhaps cooler is that i think we have found Paul Ortiz (aka Chimpspanner's) Doppelganger haha!
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #127
SS.org Regular

QuambaFu is just really niceQuambaFu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Except Travis probably speaks proper English.
QuambaFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #128
SS.org Regular

Joel is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice guitar, nice tone and nice playing

Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #129
SS.org Regular

Deathbringer769 will become famous soon enough
Is it just me or does the rosewood board on the bfr almost look ebony here?
Deathbringer769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #130
SS.org Regular

ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.
Travis playing "Age of The Tide" on JP EBMM 7 String

thought you guys would like to check this out.

NEW Jazz solo album / TAB BOOKS /
6 String Guitar Technique Book
Guide To Tapping Instructional Book
Available at
http://www.scalethesummitstore.com
& http://www.chrisletchfordstore.com
band page: www.facebook.com/scalethesummit
My store: www.chrisletchford.bandcamp.com
ChrisLetchford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #131
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gen...t-playing.html

mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #132
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I guess Travis didn't give you the heads up that he was posting that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #133
". . . . . . . ."

larry is just really nicelarry is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
'age of the tide'
and 'city in the sky' are my favorite jams.

perhaps a follow up vid of 'city in the sky' featuring chris'
sky blue sherman??

maybe??

". . . . . . . ."
comissioned: sii-8 scale
larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #134
SS.org Regular

ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.
oops. didnt see that. thats not travis though.

pretty sure we are going to be doing videos for all the songs.

I plan to do one with my blue bomber, natural 7 sherman and the artinger 8 string.

Available at
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #135
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuambaFu View Post
Except Travis probably speaks proper English.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

Unread 05-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #136
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLetchford View Post
oops. didnt see that. thats not travis though.

pretty sure we are going to be doing videos for all the songs.

I plan to do one with my blue bomber, natural 7 sherman and the artinger 8 string.
Glad I'm subscribed to your YouTube then.

I think you guys should do the videos together, like the Guitar World lesson. That way we could see how the two guitar parts play off each other.

Unread 05-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #137
". . . . . . . ."

larry is just really nicelarry is just really nice
good call!

". . . . . . . ."
comissioned: sii-8 scale
larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #138
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter8451 View Post
... okay. I must have missed when Yellowcard got good as shit at guitar and stopped using vocals in their songs.

Seen them twice live, they are pretty much perfect live, everything sounds awesome. I'm glad Travis finally has a video up because he kicks just as much ass as Chris
No, of course the musicianship is better, I'm mature enough to admit that (...it isn't hard since I'm not a die-hard fan of Yellowcard).

But the vibe is very much the same to me. Minus the Violins.

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #139
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin_Ice_77 View Post
He's a good player, but the music really doesn't do much for me.
Ditto, It was kind of repeatitive [but that could be due to a lack of vocals?]

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
Unread 05-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #140
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
I guess Travis didn't give you the heads up that he was posting that.
I got on youtube and it was under my subscribe list. I guess I got on basically as soon as it was posted.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #141
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

^
Yeah, I got the subscription update last night too, but you had already posted it.

Unread 05-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #142
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Nice pants

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #143
DeathShredder

Izebecool is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Scale the Summit
Izebecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #144
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushingAnvil View Post
Ditto, It was kind of repeatitive [but that could be due to a lack of vocals?]
we don't revisit any riffs, melodies, or solos in this song... little confused on where you get "repetitive". our songs are not structured anywhere close to verse chorus versus, etc...

I have to say its quite weird to read that comment on a guitar player forum. I could understand if it was coming from someone who didn't play an instrument or understand music though.

anyways....

thanks for checking it out guys.

next up, I will be doing a video of myself playing "Glacial Planet" on one of my 8 strings and then I think "Sargasso Sea" with me and Travis.

Available at
Unread 05-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #145
SS.org Regular

splinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
we don't revisit any riffs, melodies, or solos in this song... little confused on where you get "repetitive". our songs are not structured anywhere close to verse chorus versus, etc...

I have to say its quite weird to read that comment on a guitar player forum. I could understand if it was coming from someone who didn't play an instrument or understand music though.

anyways....

next up, I will be doing a video of myself playing "Glacial Planet" on one of my 8 strings and then I think "Sargasso Sea" with me and Travis.
Pwnt.

And yes do Glacial Planet, that is probably my all time favorite song by you guys.

You guys working on any new material?

"And I want a blowjob from Emma Watson, but sometimes we just gotta deal with what we're given!" -The Armada

my youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/vitreusMD?feature=mhum SikTh, Cyclamen After the Burial covers. More on the way!
splinter8451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #146
\m not jesus land m/

Quote:

anyways....

No, but the motif was quite the same.

I wasn't discrediting you guys at all...

I think you guys are definitely innovative.

...Just giving a bit of feedback since I thought I was allowed to do that, I didn't expect anyone (even a band member themselves) to get defensive about it.

I come from a completely different side of the metal genre, although my comment wasn't really helpful, and probably shouldn't have been posted, I know I'd like to know your opinion on something I had posted.

It's only fair.

Unread 05-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #147
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushingAnvil View Post
No, but the motif was quite the same.

I wasn't discrediting you guys at all...

I think you guys are definitely innovative.

...Just giving a bit of feedback since I thought I was allowed to do that, I didn't expect anyone (even a band member themselves) to get defensive about it.

I come from a completely different side of the metal genre, although my comment wasn't really helpful, and probably shouldn't have been posted, I know I'd like to know your opinion on something I had posted.

It's only fair.
yeah no worries man, no one is angry here. Just as you are allowed to leave feedback, I can leave feedback on your feedback, haha. feedback is feedback, but not if its literally wrong.

it would be like someone saying "its the same rhythm the entire time".... when its clearly not.

Available at
Unread 05-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #148
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter8451 View Post

You guys working on any new material?
yes sir! we're almost finished with the core writing stage, then we'll go back and rework parts, edit, make changes, write a few solos, etc...

Available at
Unread 05-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #149
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Just an aside, don't .... with Chris Letchford because he's HUGE.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #150
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Slightly OT:

Chris, what guitar is this?