homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree30Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
Sum Dat NegroSprite

Duckykong is a glorious beacon of lightDuckykong is a glorious beacon of lightDuckykong is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Incase you wanted to feel a little less about yourself as a musician..

EDIT : I now end the flame fest.

"The king was pleased with the portrait, as it was very flattering of his girth".
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
......................Dude, if I did have the reaction to this video you just described, I would be a shallow loser. He's just some nerd with a goatee ripping off Django Reinhardt.
signalgrey likes this.

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #3
Smeller of Smells

SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushingAnvil View Post
......................Dude, if I did have the reaction to this video you just described, I would be a shallow loser. He's just some nerd with a goatee ripping off Django Reinhardt.
Besides the part making fun of him, I agree in a sense that his style is definitely heavily influenced by Django Reinhardt.
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:22 AM   #4
The Cockhammer

Severance is just really niceSeverance is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Inb4 everyone notices this guys picking a nylon guitar. I personally think that's blasphemy.
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:25 AM   #5
Smeller of Smells

SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severance View Post
Inb4 everyone notices this guys picking a nylon guitar. I personally think that's blasphemy.
Tell that to DiMeola.
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:27 AM   #6
The Cockhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstring View Post
Tell that to DiMeola.
Got any contact information?
kung_fu and BigPhi84 like this.
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:31 AM   #7
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Besides the part making fun of him, I agree in a sense that his style is definitely heavily influenced by Django Reinhardt.
I was merely pointing out that if you're jelous of this guy you're seriously not a musician for the right reasons.
ShadowFactoryX likes this.

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:38 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

Stealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of lightStealth7 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Tell that to DiMeola.
Actually as far as I know Al has only played steel string acoustics.
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:41 AM   #9
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with picking on a nylon string guitar, but he's using steel strings anyway.
Bigfan likes this.
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:03 AM   #10
\m not jesus land m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durero View Post
There's nothing wrong with picking on a nylon string guitar, but he's using steel strings anyway.
Anyone who says there is something wrong with picking on a nylon string guitar is a cockhammer.

Unread 06-09-2011, 06:24 AM   #11
The Cockhammer

Quote:
Anyone who says there is something wrong with picking on a nylon string guitar is a cockhammer.
You're right I now realize my life goals of hammering all the cocks in the world. Quick neg rep me for being so blind.
failshredder and Bigfan like this.
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #12
Wound tight

Nimgoble is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
i'm not trying to pick a fight, but don't you think it's mildy ironic that you basically called the OP a shallow loser for his reaction to the vid and then proceeded to stereotype the guy in the video based on his appearance(which is how you got your justification for calling him a nerd, i'm assuming)?

as for the vid: impressive. i like django's playing. i also like the sound of steel strings.
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #13
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
Quote:
cockhammer has now been added to my vocabulary...thank you so much.
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:53 AM   #14
\m not jesus land m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimgoble View Post
i'm not trying to pick a fight, but don't you think it's mildy ironic that you basically called the OP a shallow loser for his reaction to the vid and then proceeded to stereotype the guy in the video based on his appearance(which is how you got your justification for calling him a nerd, i'm assuming)?

as for the vid: impressive. i like django's playing. i also like the sound of steel strings.
OP assumed I'd sell all my shit because I don't rip off a dead gypsy's music. I don't care about how the guy looks - he could look just like me (even then, I'm funny lookin') and I'd still think he's a copycat. I had to really listen to see if he was actually playing a Django track (he wasn't). It sounds like he has copy-pasted various licks from various songs and just borrowed a song name from Creed. I love Django (in a funny sort of way), I have loved his music for half a decade, but I'm jelous of Django, not some guy who borrowed his style/licks.

Excuse the heated debate

Unread 06-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #15
Wound tight

Quote:
OP assumed I'd sell all my shit because I don't rip off a dead gypsy's music. I don't care about how the guy looks - he could look just like me (even then, I'm funny lookin') and I'd still think he's a copycat. I had to really listen to see if he was actually playing a Django track (he wasn't). It sounds like he has copy-pasted various licks from various songs and just borrowed a song name from Creed. I love Django (in a funny sort of way), I have loved his music for half a decade, but I'm jelous of Django, not some guy who borrowed his style/licks.

Excuse the heated debate

yeah, i get you on the over exaggeration of the OP. i think that kind of stuff is typical of online message boards. i know i'm guily of it. :-P
i just thought it was kind of ironic that you called his reaction to the vid "shallow" and then proceeded to stereotype the guy in the vid based on his appearance("nerd").

lol, not trying to have a heated debate. just wondering if you see my point. i could very well be looney. :-P
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #16
The Cockhammer

Quote:
yeah, i get you on the over exaggeration of the OP. i think that kind of stuff is typical of online message boards. i know i'm guily of it. :-P
i just thought it was kind of ironic that you called his reaction to the vid "shallow" and then proceeded to stereotype the guy in the vid based on his appearance("nerd").

lol, not trying to have a heated debate. just wondering if you see my point. i could very well be looney. :-P
You might be looney. You basically just said the same thing twice with different wording in different posts. It's a sad day in hell when you're hearing this from me.
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #17
Wound tight

Quote:
You might be looney. You basically just said the same thing twice with different wording in different posts. It's a sad day in hell when you'rej hearing this from me.
lol. i'm aware that i said the same thing twice in two different posts. that's because he didn't address my point in his response.

oh well. didn't mean to derail the thread.
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #18
The Cockhammer

Quote:
lol. i'm aware that i said the same thing twice in two different posts. that's because he didn't address my point in his response.

oh well. didn't mean to derail the thread.
I don't really think this thread had a point so I don't think derailing it is possible.
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #19
Wound tight

Quote:
I don't really think this thread had a point so I don't think derailing it is possible.
Lol. Fair point. But, for the sake of anyone who HASN'T seen this thread, I'd probably better let it drop. Don't want them seeing the amount of posts in this thread and thinking there's something worth-while, other than the OP. :-P

...Which kind of makes this post ironic, doesn't it?
Severance likes this.
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #20
SS.org Regular

rekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't give a shit who he ripped off. Dudes got skills. I'd love to be able to rip on an acoustic (or electric for that matter) like this guy.
Unread 06-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #21
fps
Kit

fps is a jewel in the rough
I like his playing. Usually I feel inspired when I watch a musician who plays something I can't play, that makes me feel great, it means there's more to do. This guy has great feel and technique, not sure why anyone is ripping on him just because he has a vibe like a legendary musician. I really enjoy his playing/

The musicians who anger me most are, 90% of them, uber speed shredders, not because their music is good, not because I feel humbled, but because I find it ridiculous how many people will admire their mechanics without realising the music is junk.

Stream our AWESOME ROCK ALBUM Supervolcano ----------------> http://deathapedisco.bandcamp.com/album/supervolcano
https://www.facebook.com/DeathApeDisco
Unread 06-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #22
SS.org Regular

mountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Who cares if he sounds like Django? Your acting like its not normal to be influenced by another guitarist. I didn't know Django was off limits.
fps, Durero, Cheesebuiscut and 1 others like this.
Unread 06-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #23
ss.org Regular

Behaving_badly will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Tell that to DiMeola.
And McLaughlin,

regardless; he's a gypsy jazz guitarist, if he didn't rip off of Django then people would complain.
Unread 06-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #24
Fretboard Acrobat

ChrisRushing is a jewel in the rough
Obviously a talented guitarist regardless of who he is ripping off or influenced by. At least it isn't another god forsaken Yngwie or Vai rip off. I wouldn't buy his music but the guy obviously has technical skill . To state otherwise is pretty much admitting that you don't have ears.
Unread 06-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #25
SS.org Regular

edsped is just really niceedsped is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yeah, this guy's pretty sick. RIDICULOUS right hand. Too bad his vibrato is worse than Kirk Hammett's.
Closed Thread