homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #51
ss.org Regular

DecrepitBeing will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i used to be a huge fan of in flames, i was a member of the colony. but then they came out with this album, and it just ruined them for me. not saying any of you are wrong for liking it, im just a big fan of old school in flames!!

When we all speak, in the same distorted speech, the world will burn
DecrepitBeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #52
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
listened to Reroute to Remain and some of the "medium" old albums. I gotta admit, I ....ING HATE, their guitar tone. So scooped and nasally. I cant imagine what a different EQ profile would do for some of these songs. They would sound so ....ing ridiculous. I still love them, but its a dream of mine to hear them use a more mid rich setting on their amps, and maybe not use EMGs...
signalgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 03:55 AM   #53
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalgrey View Post
listened to Reroute to Remain and some of the "medium" old albums. I gotta admit, I ....ING HATE, their guitar tone. So scooped and nasally. I cant imagine what a different EQ profile would do for some of these songs. They would sound so ....ing ridiculous. I still love them, but its a dream of mine to hear them use a more mid rich setting on their amps, and maybe not use EMGs...
that album has a odd guitar tone, i have noticed that. i have always called it, sort of a "squeek" on the guitars distortion haha. you can really hear it on "trigger". but i still love that album. did you listen to way back like "whoracle"? pretty epic stuff. and "jester race". the song jester race is one of my favorites

Unread 01-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #54
ss.org Regular

Thrace will become famous soon enough
Love In Flames, haven't been able to get into anything they've done after Come Clarity unfortunately but anyway, I've always though this song was an absolute jem that not many people knew about so enjoy!

Adam Of Angels likes this.
Thrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #55
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace View Post
Love In Flames, haven't been able to get into anything they've done after Come Clarity unfortunately but anyway, I've always though this song was an absolute jem that not many people knew about so enjoy!

new album sucks, but ASOP had very good drumming , and lyrical content. other than that its shit too

Unread 01-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #56
SS.org Regular

great_kthulu is just really nice
The jester race is one of my all time favorite albums, but I can't get into anything post clayman, even clayman is a bit shacky for me due to the vocals.
great_kthulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #57
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_kthulu View Post
The jester race is one of my all time favorite albums, but I can't get into anything post clayman, even clayman is a bit shacky for me due to the vocals.

not fond of that album either, something about it....

Unread 01-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #58
ss.org Regular

ISRAFEL will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, nothing past Clayman does it for me either. I miss the melodic death metal days of Inflames...not a fan of this nu-ish metal era of them.
DLG likes this.
ISRAFEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #59
Call me Charlie :)

CloudAC is a jewel in the rough
Personally, I like every single In Flames album. I try and disregard what they used to be and take each album in for what it truly is : Good music but thats just me. Love this band.
CloudAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #60
SS.org Regular

spawnofthesith is just really nicespawnofthesith is just really nice
In Flames (old stuff) is some of my all time favorite music. I don't particularly mind the new stuff, I just am not so much into it. Come Clarity got me into the band, and I decided to check out more of there stuff starting from the beginning. I was so confused when I first listened to Jester Race, I thought there must've been two bands names In Flames
spawnofthesith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #61
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
I'd actually love to hear each of their previous albums recorded with the same production quality of the new album. I wouldn't want the old recordings replaced, by any means, but I always felt that their amazing, brilliant, unmatched melodies were often buried in the mix = especially on Reroute To Remain through Come Clarity. I'm one of their biggest fans though, so its more of a curiosity than a criticism.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #62
f*ckin bow down!

Augury will become famous soon enough
I think it's ok they're doing more alternative metal stuff now, they will play the music they like. They already helped creating the whole Melodic Death Metal genre and released so much awesome music (Lunar Strain!). Not a fan of their latest releases, but as I said, they have done so much for metal in the past. Thank you In Flames!
Adam Of Angels likes this.
Augury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #63
ss.org Regular

dNate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joose View Post
I've always felt In Flames' production has been very unique, especially to each album.

Never heard anything that sounds like "Soundtrack To Your Escape".
I agree. I think that album had a lot of really cool melodies and had a good groove to it.

Whether or not people agree with the direction they've taken with their sound, I feel like they've always shown a deep desire to write good music and I think it reflects in their sound.

They'll always be one of my favorite bands. I enjoy everything they've ever put out.
dNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #64
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
As much as I hate using hipster terminology, their last 3 albums have all been incredibly "try-hard." Basically, they feel like they were created by some production machine. They're "trying" to write awesome riffs and they fail, where previously said awesome riffs just came naturally. They're trying to write deep, soulful lyrics and it's just coming off as contrived "look how deep and enigmatic I am" bullshit. Granted, while their lyrics before weren't exactly the stuff of philosophers, they didn't sound like they were trying to get the attention of starry-eyed high school girls with their "torturedness."

Colony was a watershed album for me. When I first heard it, it had a profound effect on my taste in music, and on the quality that I would come to look for in other metal. Watching this transition to such banality has been painful.
DLG likes this.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #65
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

Into Obsidian is just really niceInto Obsidian is just really nice
Ahhhh In flames in the 90s / early 2000's Its such a shame Jesper has left

Support Maine Music

"You wouldn't know death metal culture if it hired a priest to rape you and your family" - Unknown
Into Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #66
Heavy Blog Is Heavy

NaYoN has much to be proud ofNaYoN has much to be proud ofNaYoN has much to be proud ofNaYoN has much to be proud ofNaYoN has much to be proud ofNaYoN has much to be proud of
I used to be real understanding and patient with In Flames, up until A Sense of Purpose. That album, and the subsequent one, were pretty much inexcusable for me. Anders's vocals are just terrible and the songs are not engaging at all.

I can't not buy Parker guitars.

My 9 string carbon fiber custom guitar

Author for HeavyBlogIsHeavy - http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com
Check out my solo project: NYN
Guitarist of Carthage
NaYoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #67
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I love the new stuff, I happen to think Soundtrack to your escape, and a sense of purpose are my favorite albums by them. I like the old stuff, but not as much as the new stuff. Flame on

My main setup:
Ibanez uv7bk green dot, Engl fireball 60, genz benz g flex 2x12.
poopyalligator is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #68
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
His vocals have never sounded better than they do on the new album. I'm a huge fan of the old material (in fact, its my favorite music pretty much ever), so I'm not being biased.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #69
SS.org Regular

FarBeyondMetal will become famous soon enough
Watched In Flames with Trivium and Veil of Maya...In Flames ....ing slayed! I have seen them countless times, and they were on fire. Ander's voice was in top shape and their new guitar player is working out nicely. Awesome show
FarBeyondMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #70
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
So I saw in flames tonight and it was pretty badass, but they had to cut the show short because of a ....ing bomb threat. For anybody saw them on this last tour, what songs did they close with. I just want to know how far in the set I got. It was pretty late, so I assume it was near the end.

My main setup:
Ibanez uv7bk green dot, Engl fireball 60, genz benz g flex 2x12.
poopyalligator is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #71
ss.org Regular

-JR- has a spectacular aura about
In Flames Concert Setlists | setlist.fm
-JR- is offline   Reply With Quote