homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kripa
  • 1 Post By theo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Paul Wardingham's Assimilate Regenerate Out Today

Just a friendly reminder to let you guys know that this album is out today. If you haven't yet heard any of the tunes (ie. been blown away), here's your chance.

(I know the vid is a repost. Purpose of this thread is to let people know it's officially out)

The album is flawless. And yes, this is a POD tone

For the lovers of Per Nilsson style solos

Assimilate Regenerate by Paul Wardingham - Download Assimilate Regenerate on iTunes

http://www.facebook.com/BristolGuitars | https://soundcloud.com/nojyeloot

"If anyone speaks badly of you, live so that no one believes it."[/FONT]

nojyeloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
ss.org Regular

graciouspatty has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This dude is the ....ing man. I'm definitely buying that asap
graciouspatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
LRRG

asphyx123 is just really niceasphyx123 is just really nice
Hope to get my pre-order copy soon. Hopefully by the end of the week. But it's a long way from Australia to Germany....

asphyx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just got this today in the post, it's like Xerath on steroids!

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
line 6 needs to just go ahead and make the Big Bottom into an actual amp, lol. sounds awesome.
cyril v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
This album is the best of Scar Symmetry riffs and solos without the vocals, a must for Scar Symmetry fans!

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
This album is the best of Scar Symmetry riffs and solos without the vocals, a must for Scar Symmetry fans!

Unread 02-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #8
ss.org Regular

EyesOfTheSun is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I don't really listen to instrumental (metal) guitar/shred stuff a lot since I find most of it to be pretty uninspiring and non-captivating - I have to force my self to listen, otherwise my mind soon wonders on other paths. This is partly because most players tend to only focus on licks and the song itself seems to be inferior. In addition I think that instrumental composers should try even harder and be as versatile as they can to satisfy the listener because there is something about the human voice that for the most part can't be compensated with anything "instrumental". With Paul's music I don't have any such issues because he has cool chops and more importanltly he has cool riffs and songs that stand on their own!
EyesOfTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #9
ss.org Regular

Kripa will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

today i asked paul in facebook about the "future 7" pod x3L preset he used on this album and he said :

" The 'Future 7' patch is pretty basic really. I use the L6 Big Bottom with the greenback 25's. Noise gate, distortion, eq all set between 40 - 50% with a little compression. Everything else is done in Logic. Cheers! "
nojyeloot likes this.
Kripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripa View Post
today i asked paul in facebook about the "future 7" pod x3L preset he used on this album and he said :

" The 'Future 7' patch is pretty basic really. I use the L6 Big Bottom with the greenback 25's. Noise gate, distortion, eq all set between 40 - 50% with a little compression. Everything else is done in Logic. Cheers! "
Awesome man, he said pretty much the same thing to me the other week (sorry for not posting earlier)

Quote:
For rhythm I use the L6 Big Bottom with the greenback 25's. Compression, EQ and reverb is all done in Logic. Plus the rhythm tracks were also run thru the tube preamp.

For lead I use the modern hi-gain with greenback 25's Bass and mid about 30%, and treble 60%, with a slight boost around 500hz -700hz. I use the tube screamer stomp to smooth out the tone, but again I use compression, chorus, reverb, delay all in Logic.

Hope that helps.
Paul

Unread 04-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
damn, he's a pretty patient person to be answering that question over and over again, lol. I was harassing him back in august for his settings.

the only thing I can add to what you guys already posted is that he uses the "Condenser"-mic for rhythm's and the "57 on-axis"-mic for leads.
cyril v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Sir Mattafer

Opion is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Holy shit, this guy is using the Big Bottom? Wow! Just goes to show that sometimes it's all in the technique to make shit sound good. Someone was telling me about this guy the other day, thanks for posting this! He not only shreds, but writes great tunes!

My originals & mix test clips - slowly but surely growing:
http://soundcloud.com/opion
http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...member=opion59
Opion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #13
ss.org Regular

Kripa will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril v View Post
damn, he's a pretty patient person to be answering that question over and over again, lol. I was harassing him back in august for his settings.
he should upload and share the presets like bulb or chimp spanner did

then ppl wont bother him with the same question over and over !
Kripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripa View Post
he should upload and share the presets like bulb or chimp spanner did

then ppl wont bother him with the same question over and over !
He actually said he doesn't know how. I gave him step by step instructions on how to get it all setup and he said he'd look into it.

Unread 04-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #15
Shrederick

Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Paul is a beast of a player, and I did like how he didn't succumb to the wankfest plague in spite of obvious chops galore. Looking forward to get this one.

Buy my album, will you? My store | CDBaby
FredBrum.com
Happily endorsed by Jaden Rose Guitars, Bare Knuckle Pickups, Gruv Gear, Sik Pik Picks, PHD Picks and Spectraflex cables
Fred the Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #16
Ibanez whore

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
any luck on the presets?
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
any luck on the presets?
Read post #10 on this thread

Unread 08-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #18
Ibanez whore

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
ah, thanks man.. that'll teach me.

Ordered my copy last night, Its fantastic to see/hear a fellow Australian doing this sort of stuff.
Stealth7 likes this.
theo is offline   Reply With Quote