homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
East of the Wall (Post-Prog??)

I know some of you guys will dig this. It might be my favorite album of last year (way to stay current ). Not sure what to call this.... maybe post-stoner-prog? Something like Intronaut. Not that they sound all that similar, but same sort of vibe.

All attempts to classify aside, it's really a great record. I think you should check them out.

East Of The Wall | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Randy and cycloptopus like this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
long ball larry!

adrock is a glorious beacon of lightadrock is a glorious beacon of lightadrock is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
this guy i was playing guitar with for a little while showed them to me. pretty ....ing awesome
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
Comfortably Dumb

Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ressentiment is so ....ing good, seriously.
Loomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
^

I see there are at least a few other people with taste. I was getting worried when the Emmure album thread had more positive responses than this one.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

Unread 02-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Now with Less Hair!

13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold
would be cool to hear recordings of these guys, i try not to judge purely on live videos, but I can see me liking it

"I won't be satisfied until somebody can whammy a whole piano." Pink Freud

".... that, I'd rather eat 20 pounds of steak and then prove how jacked I am by having angry sex with their mothers whilst curling 200 pounds and drinking ale." maliciousteve
13point9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13point9 View Post
would be cool to hear recordings of these guys, i try not to judge purely on live videos, but I can see me liking it
Myspace link is in the OP, a bit lost in the clutter though. Quite a few songs on there. I think their Facebook page has some too (can't check at work).

Here it is again;

East Of The Wall | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Unread 02-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Now with Less Hair!

13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold
good stuff, my band put ourselves down as 'post-prog' we have elements of this, but it's a lot less widdly and technical

"I won't be satisfied until somebody can whammy a whole piano." Pink Freud

".... that, I'd rather eat 20 pounds of steak and then prove how jacked I am by having angry sex with their mothers whilst curling 200 pounds and drinking ale." maliciousteve
13point9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

Ibanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
^

I see there are at least a few other people with taste. I was getting worried when the Emmure album thread had more positive responses than this one.
seven string band + sevenstring.org = more attention. but i could give a rats ass how many strings East of the Wall plays because i enjoy the art of their music. found out about them through Metalsucks via the sampler they put out. really top notch stuff, im still sifting through the music finding the nuance. i need to be in the right mood to listen to these guys tho, cuz if im in a hurried frame of mind i cant listen to this, but when its chill out time i play them and a few other bands. i like how they fill the space in their music where other post bands are IMO too minimalistic

p.s. i want them and Intronaut to tour together

cheers

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Wr...22806487780403 <--- photo page, click it, and maybe like????
The horror that was that video made my bowels explode in an inhuman fashion that scared me, my dog, and the bird in the tree outside my room window-Insackclothandashes
Ibanezsam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

GalacticDeath is a jewel in the rough
Pretty good stuff some of their riffs kinda remind me of Dysrhythmia a little.
GalacticDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
rug
SS.org Regular

rug is a jewel in the rough
I've been a fan of theirs ever since I heard their 4 song EP they put out like 5 years ago or so. Some of the members used to be in The Postman Syndrome, if anyone remembers them.

They played a tiny little show in an art gallery in Minneapolis about 8 months ago - they were some of the nicest guys you'll meet. It's really too bad more people don't get into them, though I understand why. An Intronaut/EOTW tour would be pretty goddamn awesome though.
rug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

Ibanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by rug View Post
. An Intronaut/EOTW tour would be pretty goddamn awesome though.
if i ever hear that EOTW is supporting Intronaut on something like a a new york date, i will drive the five hours from RI to NY just to see that show

EDIT: everyone just checking out this thread now should listen to their song Fool's Errand

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Wr...22806487780403 <--- photo page, click it, and maybe like????
The horror that was that video made my bowels explode in an inhuman fashion that scared me, my dog, and the bird in the tree outside my room window-Insackclothandashes
Unread 02-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
ss.org Regular

squeeth is on a distinguished road
man I heard this band for the first time about a month ago. They're HEEEEEAVY. They give me that Intronaut vibe too. "Ladder" is bad ass
squeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #13
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Bumping for new song;

EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: EAST OF THE WALL, “WHISKEY SIPPER” | MetalSucks

Unread 08-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #14
The Decepticon

Triple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sweet gotta check this out when I leave work today. These dudes are awesome!

For some sweet progressive/grunge/metal, check out my band:
www.facebook.com/wearenihilistcrane

Our debut ep will be available April 1st!

For all my solo stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/brianharrigan
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #15
rug
SS.org Regular

Win.
Unread 10-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #16
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Entire new album is streaming at Brooklyn Vegan => stream East of the Wall's new LP, see them on tour, at CMJ

I've had my physical copy for about a week now (because Translation Loss is awesome), and it's easily my favorite album of 2011. It's a progressive "post-metal" album that doesn't get boring.
Randy and Triple7 like this.

Unread 10-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
rug
SS.org Regular

This album ....ing owns. I am so happy my band gets to open for them in a week!!!!!
gunshow86de and Triple7 like this.
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #18
aka FistedSister

GnarlesBronson is just really niceGnarlesBronson is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Happy to see this post.
GnarlesBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

got the album... holy ....ingshitballs.... one of the best albums i've heard in a long time. it flows beautifully, and those instrumental jams get my head bobbing! i have the vinyl too

Unread 10-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

jackblack is on a distinguished road
My god this is incredible. Probably one of the best band I've heard in this genre
jackblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #21
The Decepticon

Triple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to behold
Finally heard the new album in it's entirety, man it's freakin awesome!

For all my solo stuff:
Unread 10-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #22
More Productive

fitterhappier is a jewel in the rough
The Apologist is so so so good......I liked Ressentiment but this new one is on a whole other level for them. I love the way it flows from track to track, plus it seems way more focused for them. It's awesome.
Triple7 likes this.
fitterhappier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #23
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitterhappier View Post
The Apologist is so so so good......I liked Ressentiment but this new one is on a whole other level for them. I love the way it flows from track to track, plus it seems way more focused for them. It's awesome.
........ especially on the flow part. I love albums that don't stop from track to track. It's not just a bunch of "filler" parts either; the album has my full attention from start to finish. I've listened to the entire thing, start to finish, 5 times now.

Unread 10-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #24
The Decepticon

^^

Yup that's where I'm at. It's a nice step up from their last album, which I also think is awesome. I definitely agree on the flow part as well, the songs transition into eachother so nicely.

For all my solo stuff:
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #25
aka FistedSister

GnarlesBronson is just really niceGnarlesBronson is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezsam4 View Post
seven string band + sevenstring.org = more attention. but i could give a rats ass how many strings East of the Wall plays because i enjoy the art of their music. found out about them through Metalsucks via the sampler they put out. really top notch stuff, im still sifting through the music finding the nuance. i need to be in the right mood to listen to these guys tho, cuz if im in a hurried frame of mind i cant listen to this, but when its chill out time i play them and a few other bands. i like how they fill the space in their music where other post bands are IMO too minimalistic

p.s. i want them and Intronaut to tour together

cheers
Alfie (1 of 3 guitarists) uses a USA Custom NAMM show Schecter 7 string made of Bubinga or some kind of heavy wood. Has used 7's since the Postman Syndrome Days. The other dudes (Conway and Beards) use Parker & Fender. Bartman (played bass for my band from 2009 to recently) uses 5 string basses (Pedulla w/ East of the Wall, and Zion w/ Argonauts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticDeath View Post
Pretty good stuff some of their riffs kinda remind me of Dysrhythmia a little.
Colin recorded their first EP and ripped a huge solo on one of the tunes

the Binary Code on Facebook

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I had exactly the same question."
I dont know that I can speak to that level of intimate knowledge about him."
GnarlesBronson is offline   Reply With Quote