homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

cregmachine is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Monuments

seen these guys for the first time the other night in newcastle academy playing with the almighty periphery and tesseract, i have to say OH MY GOD i nearly shit myself when they came on they were so damn heavy, cant get enough of there 3 track ep cant wait for the album, anyone else think the same?
cregmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cregmachine View Post
cant get enough of there 3 track ep
o rly?

first I've heard of it

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
I don't think Monuments have a megathread, so this may as well be it.

Yes, I love Monuments and friday will be the third time I will have seen them. Stoked for the album.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Anybody heard a Decent copy of DOXA yet ? All I've heard has been the live version an its almost not even audible it distorts an clips so much.

Gsus died for your sins

Tell the people there's an invisible man in the sky that created the universe and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
o rly?

first I've heard of it
its called we are the foundation its excellent
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
O.o

morbider is a jewel in the rough
I was there on Thursday too

Where can I get their EP?
morbider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbider View Post
I was there on Thursday too

Where can I get their EP?
how incredibly awesome was that gig!!!!!!! and i dont no i got a copy from me mate (monuments are one of his all time favourites)
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Quote:
its called we are the foundation its excellent
I know, after seeing this thread I looked it up, I don't know how I missed that

Browne already sent me two of the songs way back when so the only song I hadn't heard was The Uncollective anyway

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
O.o

It was pretty epic. I was a bit deaf afterwards, I was stood right at the front. Shame the weather was so crap :/
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
Banned

ThePinealGland is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
cant get enough of there 3 track ep
I thought you Brits were supposed to have better grammar skills than us Americans... :p
ThePinealGland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
I believe the EP was made in a limited amount of copies and sold on their European tour. You can find most of the songs online though. The Uncollective was the only 'new' song that was on there. Those are the only three recorded songs available at the moment.
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #12
Ex Whiny Bitch

Browne, if you're reading this, record Doxa.

Now.

Unread 02-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #13
A Chap Called Ross

Haven't they basicaly finished recording now? Just mixing and whatnot?
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
Ex Whiny Bitch

Yeah well you know what I mean.

I want Doxa on my iTunes and I want it now

Unread 02-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
ss.org Regular

Quote:
It was pretty epic. I was a bit deaf afterwards, I was stood right at the front. Shame the weather was so crap :/
i was stood right at the side, met misha, nd all of monuments, what nice down to earth guys was talking to the drummer nd guitarist for ages, sayin i hadnt heard them till that gig and that i was blown away by them, the drummer went out bk came bk wit some sticks for me was cool
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinealGland View Post
I thought you Brits were supposed to have better grammar skills than us Americans... :p
we do when we can be arsed to put the effort in :P
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #17
Melowiddler

DaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to all
There is an old recording of Doxa floating around the interweb, but I think the proper album stuff has almost been finished now anyway.

UK Guitar Teacher and Session Guitarist

DaveCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
Banned

ThePinealGland is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
we do when we can be arsed to put the effort in :P
I actually had to google the "I was stood" thing after seeing two of you in this thread say it. I guess it's a British thing to say "I was stood/sat..." instead of "I was standing/sitting..." ???
ThePinealGland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #19
A Chap Called Ross

There are quite a few demos of old Monuments songs on YouTube, from Fellsilent days I think.
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
O.o

Quote:
i was stood right at the side, met misha, nd all of monuments, what nice down to earth guys was talking to the drummer nd guitarist for ages, sayin i hadnt heard them till that gig and that i was blown away by them, the drummer went out bk came bk wit some sticks for me was cool
I wish I could have stayed but I had to rush off and get the train back home.
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #21
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinealGland View Post
I actually had to google the "I was stood" thing after seeing two of you in this thread say it. I guess it's a British thing to say "I was stood/sat..." instead of "I was standing/sitting..." ???
less british more northern england coz we dnt all speak the same theres loads of different accents
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #22
ss.org Regular

Quote:
I wish I could have stayed but I had to rush off and get the train back home.
shame mate misha was such a cool guy, infact every single member of each band were canny as owt
Unread 02-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #23
Lifted By Skin

Mwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
Haven't they basicaly finished recording now? Just mixing and whatnot?
When I asked Browne about the recording on Friday, he said it's done except the computer crashed a couple days before the tour and lost all the vocal tracks or something. But he said he was gonna do it again or something, so I'm not entirely sure about the situation.

I look forward to their release!
Mwoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

Jogeta is just really niceJogeta is just really nice
they were devastating in Manchester. i've never enjoyed myself at a show so much!

great music (played with swagger)+ absence of hardcore dancing = how all shows should be
Jogeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #25
A Chap Called Ross

Oh how I hate hardcore dancing with a fashion. I saw plenty of it at the BOO + Protest The Hero + Darkest Hour gig I went to last week.