homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree411Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #976
ΩGJ :3

Alberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
Did anyone notice that Mangini, who played for Vai, had a similar haircut, and similar facial expressions (the over the top OMG expessions) and that Mangini, who played with Gilbert, also had a similar haircut, comes across as a happy goof? I found that kind of interesting how the drummer seemed to reflect the persons they performed with to some extent.

Also Petrucci with full beard = 3x as scary, and apparently much more trustworthy.

He talked a lot too. What I really liked that he said was something about recoverring a 1 on 1 type chemistry that he used to have just jamming with John. That to me is rather promising. Not going to even try to shoot at what was going on but Portnoy in the past made comments about Myung being 'more in a shell now' or somesuch, maybe something here changed that? The more input from other members the better imo, you can never have enough sets of ears.
This is one of my favorite comments here. I had to quote it and say it. NOW I'm really looking forward to the next album. (God, I just keep repeating myself with increasing degrees of intensity in almost every post I've made here )

Sum ergo cogito; cogito ergo dubito; dubito ergo cogito; cogito ergo sum.
Alberto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #977
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
anyone got a backup/alternate version of this, it's blocked on youtube here because ....
drmosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #978
cali-cornia bluffer

asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
anyone got a backup/alternate version of this, it's blocked on youtube here because ....
Try out this proxy

https://getaroundschool.com/
asmegin_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #979
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmegin_slayer View Post
Try out this proxy

https://getaroundschool.com/
That works! Thanks dude!
drmosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #980
SS.org Regular

Lechugaz is a name known to allLechugaz is a name known to allLechugaz is a name known to allLechugaz is a name known to all
Congrats to Mike Mangini. Iwould of loved DT with Virgil Donati. For me he is by far the best drummer, but yes: He doesn't sound as heavy as the other drummers and would have change DT's sounds a lot. But, is that wrong? It would be a very interesting change.
AySay likes this.
Lechugaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #981
SS.org Regular

somniumaeternum is just really nicesomniumaeternum is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I still really wish Lang or Marco would be the guy... but I'm happy they found the right guy is for them. Now I'm trying really hard not to pre-judge or make any expectations regarding the upcoming album.

I want to listen to it with fresh ears and an open mind instead of it's DT + Mangini. I hope they move forward as if they were a new band.
somniumaeternum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #982
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Big congrats to Mike. What impressed me more than his drumming was just his personality. The amount of care and emotion in his genuine reaction was priceless. I also am really glad when he was talking at the end about portnoy and really honoring him instead of just making it like he was out right replacing him. Class act all the way.
Xiphos68 likes this.
themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #983
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by somniumaeternum View Post
I still really wish Lang or Marco would be the guy... but I'm happy they found the right guy is for them. Now I'm trying really hard not to pre-judge or make any expectations regarding the upcoming album.

I want to listen to it with fresh ears and an open mind instead of it's DT + Mangini. I hope they move forward as if they were a new band.
I see a lot of promise of that being the case. Seriously heard more of Myung talking here than in the entirety of the band's history. That bodes well for me, as well as him sitting with John 1 on 1. I'm very optimistic and eager for the new record now.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #984
Slayer of the gods

Maggai is a jewel in the rough
The way Mangini talked about Portnoy at the end there made it sound like Portnoy died........

Marco was my favorite of the drummers, but Mangini was awesome as well. He was the obvious choice all along, which may be a bit boring, but I'm really looking forward to hearing what the new album will be like.

Hearing Myung talking is ....ing awesome!
Maggai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #985
SS.org Regular

Ironbird666 is a jewel in the rough
I would have been cool with any of the top three to be honest. All three of them are completely awesome and I'm definitely impressed with how awesome Mike seems to be as a person as well as a drummer. I'm definitely looking forward to the next album now.
Ironbird666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #986
SS.org Regular

RevDrucifer is a jewel in the rough
I'm definitely anxious to hear Portnoy's response to this. I'm sure he's had time to deal with it all and he's been busy enough working on his new bands I'm sure he doesn't even have the mental space to give it much thought anymore.

But, I'm not Portnoy, so, I'm talking outta me ayse'.

My buddy Jay who was taught by Mangini a few years ago is jumpin' up and down. We both were hardcore DT fans growing up, so this is ultra ....in' cool for him.

He made a vid the other day of him just jammin' behind his kit, you can check him out here- Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More It starts slow, so ya might wanna skip to about 4 mins in. Funny enough, Lars is the reason Jay wanted to play to begin with.

If anyone in the Boston area is lookin' for a good studio drummer or a fill-in for live gigs, feel free to hit Jay up.
RevDrucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #987

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Woot Woot Mangini!!!!!!!!!

Very excited for this album!

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #988
edxgxsrfrz

Psychobuddy is just really nicePsychobuddy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordacain View Post
I see a lot of promise of that being the case. Seriously heard more of Myung talking here than in the entirety of the band's history. That bodes well for me, as well as him sitting with John 1 on 1. I'm very optimistic and eager for the new record now.
+1 to this. I think like most here, I would really like to hear more from JM...

hopefully on the new record.
Psychobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #989
SS.org Regular

Nazca is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDrucifer View Post
I'm definitely anxious to hear Portnoy's response to this. I'm sure he's had time to deal with it all and he's been busy enough working on his new bands I'm sure he doesn't even have the mental space to give it much thought anymore.

But, I'm not Portnoy, so, I'm talking outta me ayse'.
I reckon the DT guys told Mike the decision as soon as they knew.
Nazca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #990
Yes, pancakes.

simulclass83 is just really nicesimulclass83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Damn, I was really hoping for Minneman. He was such a great guy and drummer. Plus, his snare sounded super ....ing sweet. And he was tall as s***.
simulclass83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #991
Fapping to J-rock

Murmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to behold

Schecters don't have baseball bat necks.
Get the .... over it.

"I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." -metallisuk

Shono, forever and always.
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #992
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
You're late
Kurkkuviipale is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #993
Fapping to J-rock

Murmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurkkuviipale View Post
You're late
I haven't followed the thread, I don't even know why I posted, sorry

Schecters don't have baseball bat necks.
Get the .... over it.

"I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." -metallisuk

Shono, forever and always.
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #994
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Well it doesn't hurt to get that video a little more visibility.
Kurkkuviipale is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #995
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazca View Post
I reckon the DT lawyers told Mike's lawyers the decision as soon as they knew.
Fixed that for you, sadly
themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #996

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m1ke View Post
Fixed that for you, sadly
This is probably true.

That's the only thing I can't get past from DT.

Even though they say still love Mike and what not. It seems like they couldn't answer his questions face to face. Also Ytsejam records may not continue since JP won't get in tough for him.

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #997
Why can I not sleep?

pineappleman is just really nicepineappleman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphos68 View Post
Even though they say still love Mike and what not. It seems like they couldn't answer his questions face to face. Also Ytsejam records may not continue since JP won't get in tough for him.
I feel like when they say that, they do still love him, but he made a huge dick move and things just can't be the same after that.
pineappleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #998
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleman View Post
I feel like when they say that, they do still love him, but he made a huge dick move and things just can't be the same after that.
QFT

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #999
XL Whore

Neil is just really niceNeil is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
After all this their new album better not suck.

Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #1000
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
was hoping they'd pick someone that would do something different with the music. dont really know much of manginni as a writing contributor, hope he brings something new to the table. ah, what could have been with virgil or thomas...

ill live though. Mike M is a good guy and deserves the shot

"I think he actually means beach wood. As in driftwood. For a sound as huge as the ocean." - TomAwesome

Most women just pretend that Men are the crazy ones. trust me. But when the new Dark Age arrives and they need food and shelter they will be lining up to lay down and please for a handful of blackberries and a deer skin hat. Good luck with you both and remember "it's 187 on an undercover cop" - Some Guy on Facebook
glassmoon0fo is offline   Reply With Quote