homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree411Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #401
SS.org Regular

noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i don't even understand why they care this much about his personal decision.
It's mike's life, he's just another dude and people change, people move on and people are misinterpreted. He really just needs to be cut some slack and be allowed to get on with what he wants to do with his life
noob_pwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #402
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
It's all a bunch of fanbois who have never been in a real band reacting like a bunch of children. Bands loose members all the time, and 9 out of 10 times its a lot more bitter and disgusting
I did the math the other day and realized I've fired 15 different people during my time playing.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #403
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Someone should show this thread to Mike... he seems to be interacting with the wrong crowd right now, there are still plenty of DT fans who are NOT rude and not against him in anyway.

When he left DT, I went and bought tickets for an A7X show Will be fun!

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #404

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
People are very inconsiderate to what he did. He left because he didn't have a break and he was getting very tired of what was going on with DT.
He left with dignity and respect to himself and others. He didn't go around dissing members of DT and making up lies about the others.

Which we know happens sometimes in when members leave.
I hope he keeps on making good music and that he comes to DT again one day. Whether that happens or not only time will tell. Lord willing.

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #405
SS.org Regular

guitareben is a jewel in the rough
Sometimes i really don't like people.....

guitareben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 01:15 AM   #406
look at each other..

Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Relax. You guys may be more positive about it but you're still doing what everyone else has been doing; jumping the gun.

Read Mike's reply on page 3 and the rebuttle on page 4. I don't see what is so horrible about what is being discussed here. Open letter to Mike Portnoy (w MP response on Pg 4)

Maybe it's the fact that not being a DT fan puts some perspective to things, but I personally think it's cool that someone so "big" has managed to maintain such close relations with his fans over the years. Obviously it's been taking it's toll however...

Unknown Doodl3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 04:33 AM   #407
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshchei View Post
The fanatic is a fickle muse.

Doing everything for your fans is a little like living with an autistic person; They're barely aware of your presence when things are going status quo, and lash out violently when you change something that threatens their schema.

Mike's worked his ass off to keep his fanbase happy, but needs to realize that they ultimately shouldn't matter - not to him and not to his muse. His music should come from himself, and if the public like it, then great. Otherwise, they can .... off.

The people who matter are the ones you have real relationships with, whose names you know, who will drop everything to help you in a crisis, and who you would do the same for. Not a bunch of frothy mouthed customers who you've shared a brief moment in time with - you on stage, and them flailing around like burning spastics in the pit.

Frankly the one person to come through this debacle with my opinion of them actually heightened IS Mike......his grace under fire and professional demeanor put him head and shoulders above the rest of DT who seemed not only willing to replace him after so many years but actively forced the issue through not allowing him to take a few months off.

As for the so-called "fans".....your analogy and pov are both very much in line with mine.

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
ShadyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #408
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
....ing bullshit..

Take a look at the comments. People are retarded.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #409
Banned

Koshchei is a glorious beacon of lightKoshchei is a glorious beacon of lightKoshchei is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyDavey View Post

Frankly the one person to come through this debacle with my opinion of them actually heightened IS Mike......his grace under fire and professional demeanor put him head and shoulders above the rest of DT who seemed not only willing to replace him after so many years but actively forced the issue through not allowing him to take a few months off.

As for the so-called "fans".....your analogy and pov are both very much in line with mine.
Fans don't like to think of themselves this way, but ultimately, all they are is paying customers. It's good customer service to be nice to them when they buy your stuff, but they have no say, stake, or claim in how you run your business. Nor should they. To be an artist is to serve a higher purpose than mere commercial exchange.

I think that groups like Ulver have got it exactly right in this regard - by making total metamorphosis the one constant in their abstract musical trajectory, they've trained their fans to expect change.
Koshchei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #410
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
What a dick (poster, not Portnoy ).

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #411
Fossicker

DevourTheDamned is a jewel in the rough
Mike Portnoy in AVENGED SEVENFOLD?!

im sure i speak for most of us when i say WTF MIKE PORTNOY?!?!!

honestly i havent listened to enough DT to be able to REALLY appreciate Mikes drumming, but being part of metal i know hes a huuuuge icon.
im also a huge fan of A7X, but only like city of evil and waking the fallen, everything else sucks donkey balls or sounds like ....ry.

why mike portnoy? why?
[had to be the money and young girls following the eyeliner boys]

please discuss and express your dissatisfaction
DevourTheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #412
SS.org Regular

pac1085 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
way more money im sure - good for him
pac1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #413
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #414
ss.org Regular

Islandjam2990 is a jewel in the rough
Mike Mangini + Dream Theater?

My roommate said he was searching Wikipedia before, and it said that "Mike had been announced as the new drummer for Dream Theater." It was then quickly taken down and nobody's seen it since.

Oh, and he's cancelled all his lessons for the next year... shall we start taking bets?
Islandjam2990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #415
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Perhaps he's going to be filing in. He's certainly got the skills.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #416
Call me Charlie :)

CloudAC is a jewel in the rough
It was likely removed from Wikipedia because there's no credible source.. but cancelling his lessons seems like a good point in the direction of filling in.
CloudAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #417
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
His was the first name I thought of when Portnoy left.
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #418
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
And its not like they'd even have to deviate from 4 J's and an M

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #419
SS.org Regular

splinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of light
That would be awesome. He is a god of the drums.

"And I want a blowjob from Emma Watson, but sometimes we just gotta deal with what we're given!" -The Armada

my youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/vitreusMD?feature=mhum SikTh, Cyclamen After the Burial covers. More on the way!
splinter8451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #420
SS.org Regular

Enselmis is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordacain View Post
And its not like they'd even have to deviate from 4 J's and an M
They could get Joey Jordison and be 5 J's...

I will promptly commit seppuku if Jordison gets the position.
Enselmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #421
Poor Gearwhore

setsuna7 is just really nicesetsuna7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enselmis View Post
They could get Joey Jordison and be 5 J's...

I will promptly commit seppuku if Jordison gets the position.
+1
setsuna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 12:32 AM   #422

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
i hope that peter wildoer gets the spot
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 12:55 AM   #423
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
i hope that peter wildoer gets the spot
It would kinda make sense, being as he drummed and growled on James LaBrie's new solo album. He's certainly got the chops.

Maybe he could re-record some of Portnoy's awful grunting.
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #424
prh
SS.org Regular

prh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud of
according to rumours (who knows/cares) wildoer didnt get it, nor did virgil donati

but he would be a sick fit, hes got the prog metal chops for sure and could take backing vocals and DT's metal side that one step further
prh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:28 AM   #425
Archrocker

Kr1zalid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
It would kinda make sense, being as he drummed and growled on James LaBrie's new solo album. He's certainly got the chops.

Maybe he could re-record some of Portnoy's awful grunting.

"You've heard djent, this is thrunnnggg and thrennnggg" - ixlramp on Blut Aus Nord's 777 sects album

God bless you all!! Cheers
- Kr1zalid -
Kr1zalid is offline   Reply With Quote