homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree2225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #1751
SS.org Regular

VILARIKA is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassmoon0fo View Post
^Pure opinion. don't set yours based on what someone else says man! I'm all for bulb's arranging style, but I also dont mind tosin's looser, "train of thought" structural form. When the album hits and all the riffage descends, I don't think too many people will be complaining anymore, one way or the other.
Sorry if I came off as not having my own opinion, but I do agree to a degree that maybe the song isn't as easily memorable as some of the older AAL tracks. Still, I think Isolated Incidents is one of my favorite tracks by them now

VILARIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #1752
The Care Cup's Empty

Psyy is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
It's going to be more fusion than djent, and I think some people just need to get over it
As the djent scene becomes more and more 'sceney' I find myself straying farther and farther from the bands one would consider 'djent'. It's just become and irritating and overused style to listen to. My opinion that Isolated Incidents isn't quite as good as the stuff on the debut album lies more in the songwriting than the style of music presented in it. The song itself just doesn't seem to be as truly listenable as nearly all the tracks on the first album were.
Psyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #1753
Sleep on, Fly on

GSingleton is just really niceGSingleton is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Not all music is meant to be popular to the listeners. Yeah, they are on a label and all that, but music is mainly for the person who is writing. I believe tosin writes a lot of stuff for himself especially on this upcoming record. I love hearing and respect that.
guitareben and PTP like this.

Music Facebook: www.facebook.com/grsingleton
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/gsingleton

Me:You could djent using a toothpick and aluminum foil.
Michael T: Aluminum + Djent = Alumidjent
Didn't Lace already do this....hmmmm
GSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #1754
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSingleton View Post
Not all music is meant to be popular to the listeners. Yeah, they are on a label and all that, but music is mainly for the person who is writing. I believe tosin writes a lot of stuff for himself especially on this upcoming record. I love hearing and respect that.
well said man

"I think he actually means beach wood. As in driftwood. For a sound as huge as the ocean." - TomAwesome

"You can't solve a problem from the same level of paradigm that created it."
glassmoon0fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #1755
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
It's going to be more fusion than djent, and I think some people just need to get over it
QFT.

Isolated Incidents doesn't quite do it for me. I already like some of the Amazon clips that were up better than the whole of Isolated Incidents. I feel like this album is going to be more diverse. It'll also have more influences, seeing as how Javier and Navene were involved in the writing process. Hell, one could even venture to say that that's where the diversity comes from.

One thing I've wondered, though...Misha has said before that he doesn't have a great grasp of theory (I believe in the Djent Set Youtube videos). If that's the case, how would he come up with those crazy Phrygian runs in CAFO, or the like inverted 7th(?) chords in Point to Point? I get that you don't need theory to write a complex song, I mean just listen to Periphery, but I honestly wonder exactly how much beyond producing the record Bulb did.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #1756
SS.org Regular

WishIwasfinnish is just really niceWishIwasfinnish is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
QFT.

Isolated Incidents doesn't quite do it for me. I already like some of the Amazon clips that were up better than the whole of Isolated Incidents. I feel like this album is going to be more diverse. It'll also have more influences, seeing as how Javier and Navene were involved in the writing process. Hell, one could even venture to say that that's where the diversity comes from.

One thing I've wondered, though...Misha has said before that he doesn't have a great grasp of theory (I believe in the Djent Set Youtube videos). If that's the case, how would he come up with those crazy Phrygian runs in CAFO, or the like inverted 7th(?) chords in Point to Point? I get that you don't need theory to write a complex song, I mean just listen to Periphery, but I honestly wonder exactly how much beyond producing the record Bulb did.
From my understanding Tosin wrote all or most of the riffs and all the chords you're talking about and Misha helped arrange the songs and produced the record
guitareben likes this.
WishIwasfinnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #1757
Sleep on, Fly on

GSingleton is just really niceGSingleton is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just listened to the samples. I trust tosin, and I believe those were just rough demos. The quality was just plain bad.

There is a fantastic album under the awful quality of those clips.

Music Facebook: www.facebook.com/grsingleton
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/gsingleton

Me:You could djent using a toothpick and aluminum foil.
Michael T: Aluminum + Djent = Alumidjent
Didn't Lace already do this....hmmmm
GSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #1758
PTP
SS.org Regular

PTP is a jewel in the rough
I must have been listening to a different band called Animals As Leaders that has an album called Weightless coming out because the production on the samples I heard sounded amazing (aside from the obviously low bitrate).
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #1759
ss.org Regular

rasse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotisys View Post
I agree, I absolutely hate the way it sounds on the recording. I was pretty disappointed when they released it after watching so many live videos of it where it sounds so much better. The song itself has a couple parts I like, but overall it feels like an incomplete idea. I hope they release Odessa, that song sounds good from the samples.
Alternative Press | Features | Exclusive Stream: Animals As Leaders’ “Odessa”

BAM!

Ibanez RG1527 w/ BKP Nailbomb and Cold Sweat
ESP EC400
Axe FX standard
KRK rokit 5
Lexicon Omega
Reaper
rasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #1760
SS.org Regular

lurgar is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow, that song is awesome. I really love the transition between the first two parts. The tapping into the jazzy runs is just great.
lurgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #1761
Count Blastula

FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'll be honest, this song doesn't transmit me that much...but I still have high hopes for the album.
FrancescoFiligoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #1762
ss.org Regular

Chaotisys will become famous soon enough
Another song that kills my excitement for this album.

Well, there's still the new Faceless and (if it ever sees the light of day) Necrophagist albums...
Chaotisys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #1763
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

Into Obsidian is just really niceInto Obsidian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotisys View Post
Necrophagist albums...
Into Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #1764
Suttbex

The Beard is a glorious beacon of lightThe Beard is a glorious beacon of lightThe Beard is a glorious beacon of light
Odessa sounds very "video game soundtrack-ish" to me. I'd love if some sort of space/sci-fi game had it on one of the levels
There was nothing in the song that made me go "wow, that's awesome", but I have high hopes for the rest of the album

"Orange juice after potato.
Taste like all of my wut."
-CrushingAnvil

"what am I supposed to do with my boner?"
-shredguitar7

Live Rig
-Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
-Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
-Ibanez rg120

My Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/stc423

The Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #1765
LTD supreme!

degge is on a distinguished road
Odessa wasn't that good

still have high hopes for the album though!

degge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #1766
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade629 View Post
The Bass VI is one octave below a standard guitar, a standard bass is two.
Uh, not last time *I* checked.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #1767
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Quote:
Hey, maybe I'll like it, then!
guitareben likes this.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #1768
Oaf Tobar

ROAR is just really niceROAR is just really nice
I like Odessa. And Isolated Incidents.
This album is gonna be great.
Less metal, more progressive. Yahoo!
Dan_Vacant likes this.

ROAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #1769
Bounce The Tits

Cadavuh is a name known to allCadavuh is a name known to allCadavuh is a name known to allCadavuh is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
After listening to all of the samples and full tracks a few times through, its hard to not make these conclusions;

1) It will not be as epic as the self-titled, since the compositions wont be as strong, or as diverse and large
2a) It will be much more solo/virtuoso oriented
2b) There will be a lot more jazz-fusion elements
3) The feelings of the songs will be consistent throughout, as opposed to the first, which had a very diverse sound from song to song
4) Real drums are a lot better than fake drums
5) Navene Koperweis is sick

I feel that, while I know the album will be great, it will have a more limited niche compared to the first due to it being more shred oriented.

Just my opinion.
Cadavuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #1770
SS.org Regular

Duelbart will become famous soon enough
Liked Isolated Incidents, didn't like Odessa. There are two things that most of all keep me very much loooking forward to the release:

-Isolated Incidents metal part at about 2:30 was fantastic! Much better than any of the heavier riffs from the debut
-I didn't like the first album on the first listen, I even thought it's a bit random, and only later fell in love with it. Hopefully it's gonna be the same this time!

There is no talent.

Duelbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #1771
SS.org Regular

Infamous Impact is just really niceInfamous Impact is just really nice
Stream for Odessa:
Alternative Press | Features | Exclusive Stream: Animals As Leaders’ “Odessa”
Navene's drumming sounds so hectic.

"...When they find out you have more than the standard number of strings... It's like you're the ....in' highlander or something..."
Infamous Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #1772
Kassandrian Dreams

Scattered Messiah is just really niceScattered Messiah is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
At the beginning, I felt I liked the part, but not really enjoyed ... the first transition to the next section however made me grin from ear to ear, as it builds suspense really good (IMO).
I enjoy the song as whole, and, maybe just to me, this album seems to be a lot more progressive and "surprising" than the selftitled.
So I'll just wait, listen to it some 5 times and then form my opinion ... after having heard the whole thing, not just to completely different songs.
Scattered Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #1773
BWOOOOWWWW™

RobZero will become famous soon enough
that intro sound so supermario

at first i was like ''meh'' but it's growing on me...sure this is not helping my impatience for the new album!

and, indeed, real drums kick some serious ass.
RobZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #1774
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
It's ....ing awesome.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #1775
Count Blastula

FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.FrancescoFiligoi is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZero View Post
indeed, real drums kick some serious ass.
The concept of "real" drums (if they were acoustically recorded) is very relative due to the obvious sample enhancement/replacement.
FrancescoFiligoi is offline   Reply With Quote